Libor Kozák

samjp26

We need to sign a striker. Ayew will be ahead of him as should Gestede. I'd also like hepburn-murphy to get playing time before kozak. 

He's really not going to add much to our present or future. We should be looking at others in that regard. 

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You obviously haven't read the thread much. If you had you would see that at times he has been massively overrated, to the point that he was going to our saviour.

As for injury prone I've seen very little posts indicating that. 

The reason that people don't like him is that he just isn't very good. He is slow, his hold up is poor and touch is terrible ( as an example there was one instance last season he was centre of goal, edge of the box, the ball was played to his feet, and his touch sent the ball out for a throw in). Yes he may finish the odd chance, but he is just a poor man Darren Bent who needs them put on a plate. We need better if we want to go up.

Looks like we have that in common then, you haven't read my post, or what it was in reply to. I've read enough thanks.

I haven't said he's the saviour, or he needs to be our main striker. I said he'd be a useful member of the squad.

Also isolating one moment in one game doesn't tell the whole story does it?

Scored again yesterday by the way. Yep against poor opposition, but this season we're going to come up against a lot of poor scrappy teams.

Useful addition. You read that yeah?

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's not even in the same league as Ayew. 

Subjectively, yes.

That's why I said objectively.

Has Ayew scored as many goals in his career or been top scorer in the Europa League?

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Subjectively, yes.

That's why I said objectively.

Has Ayew scored as many goals in his career or been top scorer in the Europa League?

Ayew has 1 less career goal. And with thIs logic wouldn't that make Gabby our best forward?

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Ayew has 1 less career goal. And with thIs logic wouldn't that make Gabby our best forward?

So yes, objectively better.

I didn't even consider Gabby. Completely off my radar. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not for long then......... at the rate Ayew is banging em in in pre season

Ayew + 1, Kozak and Gestede I'd be fine with. So long as the +1 is a man for the first XI. I rate Kozak and then Gestede is obviously proven at this level so wouldn't complain with either of those on the bench.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ayew + 1, Kozak and Gestede I'd be fine with. So long as the +1 is a man for the first XI. I rate Kozak and then Gestede is obviously proven at this level so wouldn't complain with either of those on the bench.

If the +1 is first team and good quality I'd be happy with this. I'd maybe prefer to sell either Kozak or Gestede and  bring in another striker but they work as backup. I want our good youth strikers to get some games too. 

1 hour ago, philgetaway said:

If we announced the signing of a striker, from Lazio, for 7m today, where we stand, we would be buzzin.

Appreciate he's had long injuries though.

We would because we wouldn't know fully what we had. We know exactly what kozak is at this point. And he's nothing worth getting excited about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We would because we wouldn't know fully what we had. We know exactly what kozak is at this point. And he's nothing worth getting excited about. 

He's been a villa player for almost 3 years now and has been out injured for 2/3 of that time, I think we should give him a chance, whenever he has played he has scored or done well

• Like 1

Obviously it means nothing because #Stats, but here's a few things about Kozak at Villa..

*In games he's played we've won 5, drew 7 and lost 6. Might sound shit, but over a full season, that's 46 points. 
*In 3 of those 6 defeats he appeared in, he played 23 minutes or less and we were losing all 3 when he came on.
*In games he started we've won 4, drew 4 and lost 3 - 55 points over a whole season
*One game he didn't start, he came on after 30 minutes for an injured Benteke and scored the winner.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that while he might not be a massive goal threat, he's certainly not awful and I'd happily have him in the squad for the Championship.

• Like 3

So kozak is the difference between being a mid table team or one of the worst in premier league history.  I highly doubt he'd have much of an impact on this team. 

He went up in my estimation last year because of his attitude but he lacks too much to be a consistent player for us. 

Has to be in the match day squad for me- our strike force is collectively woeful, including Ayew being the best of a bad bunch. We are no longer good enough to write off a striker- who lets be honest none of us really know just how good or bad he is. I believe without the acquisition of proven goal scorers at this level it would be folly to send him packing now.

Â