Things that scare you

Eames

On 08/04/2023 at 22:07, ferguson1 said:

Heights, but weirdly it’s depending on the situation I’m in.  I don’t really have an issue being on a plane, but you’ll never get me on a rollercoaster or amusement park rides.

I’ve taken Mrs F up the Shard even and was ok, but put me on a rope bridge over a lagoon or something and I’ll go into a panic attack.

Not for all the money in the world 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Sad 1

Rollercoasters are an absolute no-no for me. I've only ever done the very, very tame, kid-friendly ones (under duress), and I absolutely hated every second. Big ones? And have to pay for it? Not a chance. Wouldn't do it for free, and actually wouldn't even do it if you paid me a large amount. It's the lurching stomach sensation, the speed/acceleration, and the horror of not feeling in control. 

Just plain heights, though - standing on a high bridge, or a balcony on a tall building (which my missus cannot hack at all), I'm fine with. 

Edited by mjmooney

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Think I've been on that or maybe just the other one. Definitely been up there.

I bottled even going up to the top let alone, the rollercoaster. Back then I would rather spend my time at crazy horse 2 Gentlemens club.🤣

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Rollercoasters are an absolute no-no for me. I've only ever done the very, very tame, kid-friendly ones (under duress), and I absolutely hated every second. Big ones? And have to pay for it? Not a chance. Wouldn't do it for free, and actually wouldn't even do it if you paid me a large amount. It's the lurching stomach sensation, the speed/acceleration, and the horror of not feeling in control. 

Just plain heights, though - standing on a high bridge, or a balcony on a tall building (which my missus cannot hack at all), I'm fine with. 

None of the above for me.

I shit my pants when I put two pairs of socks on.

I have been to the top of the Stratosphere (or Strat as they persist on calling it now) and was completely fine, heights dont bother me, but would I trust any of the thrill rides at the top of that thing, god no. Sod that.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hate heights, love rollercoasters

I’m fine with heights, like them even. I’ve done cliff diving, hang gliding, gliding, abseiling, rock climbing and loads of other stuff and loved it. Rollercoasters though, I’ve done them too, but kind of don’t see the point of. You get a decent view sometimes, but they’re all a bit meh! to me. Overrated.

Been on a few big ones (kw) in Florida but for feeling exposed, the Pepsi Max at Blackpool is scary! From memory you are only secured by a lap bar. Its the long crawl up that adds to the tension!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Been on a few big ones (kw) in Florida but for feeling exposed, the Pepsi Max at Blackpool is scary! From memory you are only secured by a lap bar. Its the long crawl up that adds to the tension!

I remember going on this a few years ago. Was in the queue with the lads thinking, I don't fancy this. Got to the front of the queue, about to make my excuses and a random guy asked if I wouldn't mind sitting next to his 12 year old daughter cause he had bottled it. The girl said yeah comon let's sit at the front, gulp. Had to big it up didn't I, didn't wanna show some 12 year old I was scared. Let's just say, it's *****ing high when it clicks to the top! 😆

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I remember going on this a few years ago. Was in the queue with the lads thinking, I don't fancy this. Got to the front of the queue, about to make my excuses and a random guy asked if I wouldn't mind sitting next to his 12 year old daughter cause he had bottled it. The girl said yeah comon let's sit at the front, gulp. Had to big it up didn't I, didn't wanna show some 12 year old I was scared. Let's just say, it's *****ing high when it clicks to the top! 😆

I went on it about 20 odd years ago and I am still scarred I think. I’ve been on lots of very big rides, especially in Florida but I still carry the fear of the big one in Blackpool.

Funny story actually, before I rode it I got to the front of the queue but then it closed because the fathers for justice guys climbed to the top and put out a banner dressed as batman and robin.

• Like 2

Been on some very high rollercoasters without issue but nearly 20 years later I have jitters about the one about 30 foot high that I went on at a travelling fair in Sweden. That thing felt like a death trap.

Â