Things that scare you

Eames

What a coincidence as we’ve been discussing this ride 

Passengers on the UK's highest rollercoaster had to walk down its tracks to safety after the ride was halted due to sudden strong winds.

The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was stopped for safety reasons as thrill-seekers enjoyed the 235ft (71m) high attraction.

Theme park staff led the stranded passengers down the tracks and the ride was cancelled for the rest of the day.

_129352070_screenshot_20230413_115312_wh

link

I am absolutely shit scared of flying although I have flown 119 times anywhere from a couple of hour flight to over 12 hours. The reason it is an odd number is that I flew to Spain once and then got a boat back which was a ridiculously long journey compared with flying and convinced me I had to continue to fly. Didn't hep coming through the Bay of Biscay and the boat was all over the place and my wife was 6 months pregnant cussing me for not flying home. 

We go abroad regularly but I can never relax pre flight and get nervy about a week before and am constantly on edge when flying. I've had some pretty scary moments in fairness which hasn't helped. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am absolutely shit scared of flying although I have flown 119 times anywhere from a couple of hour flight to over 12 hours. The reason it is an odd number is that I flew to Spain once and then got a boat back which was a ridiculously long journey compared with flying and convinced me I had to continue to fly. Didn't hep coming through the Bay of Biscay and the boat was all over the place and my wife was 6 months pregnant cussing me for not flying home. 

We go abroad regularly but I can never relax pre flight and get nervy about a week before and am constantly on edge when flying. I've had some pretty scary moments in fairness which hasn't helped. 

You've counted how often you've been on an airplane?

I honestly have no idea how many times I've flown.

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

You've counted how often you've been on an airplane?

I honestly have no idea how many times I've flown.

Not that hard really I just know how many times I have been abroad as all holidays (60 times) and have multiplied that by two less the one where I got the boat back. About 10 years ago I did start to make a note of where I had been though as was worried I may eventually start to forget some of them, especially the places I have been to numerous times. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 20:52, NoelVilla said:

Read about a jogger getting killed by a bear in Trento-region Italy. Now Im scared of that and not even close to Trento :)

and snakes; kill them all.

I really did not like snakes at all, and then for a completely unrelated reason I started watching Clint's Reptiles on youtube. Now I quite like the little buggers. He completely demystified them for me, to the extent that I'd actually consider owning one now.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

I really did not like snakes at all, and then for a completely unrelated reason I started watching Clint's Reptiles on youtube. Now I quite like the little buggers. He completely demystified them for me, to the extent that I'd actually consider owning one now.

Undoing all St Patrick's good work :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That one has never even occurred to me that people might have a phobia of it

I wouldn't put it as strong as a 'phobia', but I'm generally not keen on being in boats. Would choose flying every time. 

• Like 2

I am ok with heights, water, snakes etc. Spiders, spider of any size terrify me. I cant watch them on television, and back in my younger days a money spider was on me and a child pointed it out, I was a state because of it, the child removed it from me. Absolutely terrible with them. 

Moved to the Pacific Northwest recently and weirdly the potential unseen presence of mountain lions has been on my mind when I’ve been out and about 😅 you only see them when they want you to 👀

• Like 1

Just now, Eidolon said:

Moved to the Pacific Northwest recently and weirdly the potential unseen presence of mountain lions has been on my mind when I’ve been out and about 😅 you only see them when they want you to 👀

They are less scary if you call them a Poo-ma.

• Haha 1

Â