Things that scare you

Eames

I hate talking on the phones  , heck I wont even order a pizza if it's not 100% web based

but F**K that , I'll take the call centre over Spiders any day  ... I still have nightmares about the one I found in my room in China  , I tried to catch it in the ice bucket and it didn't fit  ... so I whacked it with a newspaper and it just laughed at me  .. in the end throwing a yellow pages at Boris with all my might did the job ... but the worse bit was this was the second night so I must have been alone with him in the room the previous night ....

It probably crept under your bedclothes the previous night like an arachnid Savile and fingered you. Eight different ways.

• Like 1

I hate talking on the phones  , heck I wont even order a pizza if it's not 100% web based

but F**K that , I'll take the call centre over Spiders any day  ... I still have nightmares about the one I found in my room in China  , I tried to catch it in the ice bucket and it didn't fit  ... so I whacked it with a newspaper and it just laughed at me  .. in the end throwing a yellow pages at Boris with all my might did the job ... but the worse bit was this was the second night so I must have been alone with him in the room the previous night ....

Christ alive, are we talking normal size ice bucket? I'd have cried myself to sleep.

I saw a spider no bigger than a penny run under my bed a few weeks back. It's a real shame, I miss that room.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

and snakes; kill them all.

Absolutely 100% this. 

Snakes and heights. Other than that, I’m pretty fearless. 

• Like 2

When I was little I was afraid of cars. I had a recurring nightmare that cars would try to run me over. 

Things I fear now are gun violence and political violence. I fear the tipping point in the USA.

I fear the next pandemic, who my friend at the Maine CDC says is inevitable and if it's influenza, it could make Covid19 looks like the good old days.

The world is unstable in so many critical ways. I fear that climate change and another pandemic will trigger catastrophic suffering around the world and we could see societies break down under the stress of collapsing financial markets, supply chain disruption, crop failure, political violence and mass migration of refugees.

As I read back this post I question myself if I'm just a doom merchant who needs to get off the internet 😆 

• Like 1

Heights, nothing else

20 blokes with machetes and baseball bats no issue, straight into them and die on my sword

Perfect example at Bream Sands fair went up about 12 steps on a ride and froze(about 10 feet high) collapsed on the step and it took the Mrs 20 mins to get me ‘down’ 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Heights, nothing else

20 blokes with machetes and baseball bats no issue, straight into them and die on my sword

Perfect example at Bream Sands fair went up about 12 steps on a ride and froze(about 10 feet high) collapsed on the step and it took the Mrs 20 mins to get me ‘down’ 

Heights for me too, but weirdly, its a bit intermittent. Some days I can do it, some days not a chance.

I end up on a few scaffolds and on a few roofs. Some days I’m happy as anything up n down those ladders and admiring the view. Other days I just know that I might be able to force myself up there (kw pending), but I’ll be a bloody liability and could well need rescuing. On those days I apologise and decline the adventure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bertrand Traores left foot. 

Interesting. It doesn’t scare me at all. It makes me horny AF, though.

Heights, but weirdly it’s depending on the situation I’m in.  I don’t really have an issue being on a plane, but you’ll never get me on a rollercoaster or amusement park rides.

I’ve taken Mrs F up the Shard even and was ok, but put me on a rope bridge over a lagoon or something and I’ll go into a panic attack.

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Heights, but weirdly it’s depending on the situation I’m in.  I don’t really have an issue being on a plane, but you’ll never get me on a rollercoaster or amusement park rides.

I’ve taken Mrs F up the Shard even and was ok, but put me on a rope bridge over a lagoon or something and I’ll go into a panic attack.

Bonkers ain’t it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Public speaking is supposed to be one of the biggest phobias. 

Worse than death according to an old Seinfeld bit.

I have absolutely no problems with it personally. I rather enjoy it. 

Edit: Public speaking, that is. Not death.

Edited by El Zen

Â