Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Sancho would be a great signing in their counter attacking set up.

But imo counter attacking football can only take you so far.

It's why i think Wolves will never achieve top 4 under Nuno.

I dunno Leicester won the league like it. (Granted the points total of 78 was a low winning amount)

Most teams are counter attack now to different degrees.

Liverpool have hard working midfield that presses like hell to get the ball quickly to Mane or Salah or the full backs to do the rest.

Man. United were abysmal to watch v Palace and Brighton but they've always got a goal in them with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Same for Spurs with Son, Kane and Bale.

Arsenal much more cautious now.

Leicester much better technically now than their title winners but they still rely on the ball over the top for Vardy to run onto as it's a very effective tactic.

Really Man. City only team that can pass you to death like Arsenal at their peak under Wenger could.

To be a top team in premier league you need loads of athleticism and directness in final third rather than slow and steady build up. Given DS comments this week and our signing so far we've clocked this after the reality check of last year.

I don't blame Ole for not bringing anyone in. Its the Man Utd board. They're just incapable of doing transfers. Mourinho said it when he was there. 

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Signing Cavani on a 2 year deal according to social media 

Stinks of desperation! He’s been available all summer for free then all of a sudden he’s signing days before deadline day. 

They have had a mare in the market again. Shocking really. Great to see! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A 33 year old Cavani absolutely looks like "quick get a name in".

I think it's a bad un for United - either the people in charge of their recruitment are dreadful or they're skint.

Completely this, Cavani is a good player, but 33?, 2 year contract?, 210k a week?, reeks of desperation for me, exactly the type of mistake Manure have been making for a few years now.

• Like 1

A week or so ago his move fell through to Benfica... if you’d asked me then who would sign him I’d have said Man United or West Ham.... 

Think that says a lot about both clubs.

Man United are an absolute shambles but that’s how OGS got/still has the job.

• Like 1

If it’s £210k a week all in for 2 years it’s not horrendous value.

£22m total for a world class striker for 2 years. He’s a marquee name so will bring in sponsors, shirt sales, raise the clubs profile before he scores a few goal. He can potentially bring something to the dressing room as a mentor to the youngsters.

We've done worse value for money deals plenty of times. Nothing players for several million, plus several million in wages, no impact on or off the field and leave for a huge loss.

United should be doing better, but it’s not that bad imo 

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's a bad un for United - either the people in charge of their recruitment are dreadful or they're skint.

I've been saying this for ages.

This is why they needed Sancho at less that Dortmund required and why they didn't follow up on Grealish. 

They've wasted so much money since SAF retired. It's nuts really. Even their deadwood is on crazy wages, which is why they can't get rid of them. 

Not to mention corona is affecting their match day revenue quite hard (like most clubs). 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

They are following the same trend as AC Milan who started this backward journey around 10 years or so at some way. Once a giant who attracted the world best pulling all the strings in the transfer network, now just relying on the aged has been to just to keep up with apperance.

May it continue

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The new Falcao

• Like 1

Â