Manchester United

BOF

1 minute ago, momo said:

Same amount Smith got, and Villa still are fighting against relegation.

They've had the opportunity to use that money to buy world class talent. We've had to use it to build practically a whole team. Different gravy.

7 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

They've had the opportunity to use that money to buy world class talent. We've had to use it to build practically a whole team. Different gravy.

80 M on Maguire. Pure and utter madness.

He isn't anything better than Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Much different starting points though, and wage bills.

Ole is building a new team too. Fewer players because they are more expensive. He has to sustain a team fighting at the top while doing the restructure.

We've both bought some shit

We've both had mental issues, us with confidence and them with no one giving a ****

Their biggest issue is that football is cyclical and fergie gave them too many years at the top, now they've dropped off and their newer fans can't understand it, Woodward is great at what he should be doing and **** terrible at what he shouldnt be doing, the glaziers are an easy target and have mugged them off but they still have all the tools to succeed, if they had thinner skin then Woodward would have gone by now but I don't think the glaziers really care, as long as they get their % then they can measure success in a different way to the fans

I don't think you can ignore the role FFP has played either, utd asked for it because they're the club with the biggest revenue streams, they're the club that have gone beyond stupid with official partners and now they're the club that has the owners that take the most revenue out and is suffering the most because the owners can see their potential as a cash cow, it's a beautiful thing 

Utd created all their own problems, too successful, too big, too much money 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

The should appoint a winner, a serial winner. This is the pinnacle of football management. 

I'm not sure they can really claim to be a real top tier club these days. I mean, they're still massive, and one of the most well known, but in the next few years they're getting nowhere near Man City/Liverpool. Chelsea are in the ascendancy again. This will mark 8 years since winning the league, they've not won the CL in 12 years. It's been 3 seasons without even winning a domestic cup. They're not at the pinnacle of English football, now lets bring the European elite clubs in to it.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Villa having seasons like Man United's "failure" years over the past few seasons, but the Famous Man United they ain't. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure they can really claim to be a real top tier club these days. I mean, they're still massive, and one of the most well known, but in the next few years they're getting nowhere near Man City/Liverpool. Chelsea are in the ascendancy again. This will mark 8 years since winning the league, they've not won the CL in 12 years. It's been 3 seasons without even winning a domestic cup. They're not at the pinnacle of English football, now lets bring the European elite clubs in to it.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Villa having seasons like Man United's "failure" years over the past few seasons, but the Famous Man United they ain't. 

They're basically what Liverpool were in the 90s/00s.

On 21/09/2020 at 14:52, Davkaus said:

They won't until they get new owners. The glazers take millions out of the club and they don't look after it. Old Trafford is looking shabby these days. In fairness to Fergie he squeezed the last couple of titles out on ageing team and papered over the cracks really. Since then they have chucked  a load of money around with vastly different coaches and have been nowhere near the title.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Apparently got a 90 M bid rejected for Sancho.

Thank God Jack signed his contract. If Ole genuinely thinks Sancho is worth £90 million then he deserves what coming.

Anyone remember when they were boasting they were going to buy some players on the cheap because of the covid outbreak affecting other clubs finances. Did they not realise that they would be one of the biggest losers of revenue with the grounds closed?

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Thank God Jack signed his contract. If Ole genuinely thinks Sancho is worth £90 million then he deserves what coming.

Anyone remember when they were boasting they were going to buy some players on the cheap because of the covid outbreak affecting other clubs finances. Did they not realise that they would be one of the biggest losers of revenue with the grounds closed?

Dont think Ole has any say in it. Its a position United dont really need to fill but a little bit of a vanity signing 

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont think Ole has any say in it. Its a position United dont really need to fill but a little bit of a vanity signing 

its a look at us we're still competing go buy his shirt type signing 

they've been making them for years

woodward must really be good in board meetings

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its a look at us we're still competing go buy his shirt type signing 

they've been making them for years

woodward must really be good in board meetings

I think Sancho would be a great signing in their counter attacking set up.

But imo counter attacking football can only take you so far.

It's why i think Wolves will never achieve top 4 under Nuno.

I think Sancho is a great player who they don't really need but will generate a huge amount of buzz around the club and sell shirts, grealish was exactly the same

if they're going to spend £100m on that squad it has to be on the defence, maguire has proved to be an awful piece of business, utd wont go 4th to 1st with attacking players, no way, its not their weakness, they need maybe 2 CBs and a better LB and alex telles for £35m isn't the answer either 

none of utd's defence, keeper or holding midfielder makes the city or Liverpool team, their back 4 would struggle to get in those squads let alone start

• Like 2

Â