Manchester United

BOF

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And now it starts....my social media is already full of the plucky underdog story, the once in a life time where were you when man utd won the fa cup in 2024, one for all of football to remember, success starved fan base can't believe their good fortune 

Move aside Leicester winning the PL 

I get what you’re saying…

…but it’s fairly mental that Man Utd started as 7/1 to win that match. Man Utd. 7/1 for a one-off game. 

I see a "usual suspect" expressed an interest in their job, before the final:

"The kind of character, the way I come across, know how to coach, the little learning experience I've got, the people I'm going to bring in to make that football club better in my backroom staff is very important. Manchester United is a job you can't turn down. It's too big a job.The DNA of football has been there. I've proved that I can manage in a short space of time in winning that [the Australia Cup].' Trust me, if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can manage, I definitely could be a manager."

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke ...  The perfect fit for the job, make it so....:cheers: 

• Haha 2

Funny to see City lose.

Shame Utd can have two trophies in three seasons when they're absolutely shit.

If that means Ten Hag stays, it's a real blessing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Caravella82 said:

The worst Manchester United team in 30+ years and yet their fans can still end the season celebrating an FA Cup win and European football for next season.

Our suffering hits like the 2015-16 season. Their suffering hits like this.

If only both teams could have lost today!

Levels. What's a bad season for them would be bloody good season for us. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Levels. What's a bad season for them would be bloody good season for us. 🤷‍♂️

End of the day they've had the advantage of 20 years of near total dominance. Their drop off then is just 6th-8th but I could live with them winning domestic cups if they're only finishing that high in the league as they also need CL income sooner or later.

We dropped far more quickly in the 2010s so it's going to take a bit longer to get back to where we were generally in the 90s but we're getting there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, John said:

I see a "usual suspect" expressed an interest in their job, before the final:

"The kind of character, the way I come across, know how to coach, the little learning experience I've got, the people I'm going to bring in to make that football club better in my backroom staff is very important. Manchester United is a job you can't turn down. It's too big a job.The DNA of football has been there. I've proved that I can manage in a short space of time in winning that [the Australia Cup].' Trust me, if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can manage, I definitely could be a manager."

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke ...  The perfect fit for the job, make it so....:cheers: 

He really is an absolute joke.

Say what you want about Solskjaer, but he put years in, both as a reserve coach at Man United to learn the ropes, then 6 years at Molde. He was still probably unqualified to be Man United manager, really, but he'd put the work in.

In 14 years of talking about getting into management, Yorke has got a 6 month stint in Australia under his belt and was let go half way through the season for having a bust up with his team. He's spent more time crying in the media about how nobody wants to hire him. I can't imagine why so many people don't want to work this this deluded fool.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

End of the day they've had the advantage of 20 years of near total dominance. Their drop off then is just 6th-8th but I could live with them winning domestic cups if they're only finishing that high in the league as they also need CL income sooner or later.

We dropped far more quickly in the 2010s so it's going to take a bit longer to get back to where we were generally in the 90s but we're getting there.

It's gonna be much tougher than back in the 90s. Back then you didn't have City and Newcastle backed by nation states competing for these places.

Add to that Spurs and Chelsea who now have massive revenue advantage over us, unlike back in the 90s. It's gonna take miracle to get us back up there regularly.

19 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's gonna be much tougher than back in the 90s. Back then you didn't have City and Newcastle backed by nation states competing for these places.

Add to that Spurs and Chelsea who now have massive revenue advantage over us, unlike back in the 90s. It's gonna take miracle to get us back up there regularly.

I meant more having cup runs like we did then. League cup winners in 94 and 96. FA cup SF in 1996, finalists in 2000.

We clearly chucked the Everton league cup game given the performance on the night. Chelsea FA cup game was disappointing though.

Hopefully in 12 months we can get the squad up to the required standard that we could feasibily be competitive in three competitions but again that's not something that can happen overnight.

• Like 1

This will be interesting. Jim Ratcliffe owns 27% of Manchester United and owns all of Nice. They both qualified for the Europa League, which is against UEFA rules.

8 minutes ago, colhint said:

This will be interesting. Jim Ratcliffe owns 27% of Manchester United and owns all of Nice. They both qualified for the Europa League, which is against UEFA rules.

29% was what our owners had to reduce Vitoria ownership last summer

45 minutes ago, colhint said:

I bet they do absolutely nothing it just applies to team like villa 😡

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They changed the rules already haven't they?

Uefa regulations prevent an organisation or person from wielding “decisive influence” over more than one club in the same competition. Ratcliffe has a 27.7% stake in United and controls the club’s football policy, and Ineos has owned Nice since 2019.

Uefa has a deadline of Monday for clubs to satisfy its rules. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/28/manchester-united-confident-uefa-will-not-demote-them-from-europa-league

This also applies to City and Girona (City group owns 44% of them), but UEFA allowed the Red Bull teams to compete so I’m sure they will turn a blind eye. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Uefa regulations prevent an organisation or person from wielding “decisive influence” over more than one club in the same competition. Ratcliffe has a 27.7% stake in United and controls the club’s football policy, and Ineos has owned Nice since 2019.

Uefa has a deadline of Monday for clubs to satisfy its rules. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/28/manchester-united-confident-uefa-will-not-demote-them-from-europa-league

This also applies to City and Girona (City group owns 44% of them), but UEFA allowed the Red Bull teams to compete so I’m sure they will turn a blind eye. 

They also allowed us and Vitoria to both compete together in the Conference League last season. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

They also allowed us and Vitoria to both compete together in the Conference League last season. 

We sold a chunk of them, sure our percentage ownership halved 

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We sold a chunk of them, sure our percentage ownership halved 

It was still a higher percentage than what Ratcliffe owns

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was still a higher percentage than what Ratcliffe owns

The UEFA rules are:

Article 5 Integrity of the competition/multi-club ownership

To ensure the integrity of the UEFA club competitions (i.e. UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Conference League), the club must be able to prove that as at 3 June 2024 the below criteria are met and the club must continue to comply with the below criteria until the end of the competition:

1. No club participating in a UEFA club competition may, either directly or indirectly:

1. hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

2. be a member of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

3. be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition; or

4. have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition.

2. No one may simultaneously be involved, either directly or indirectly, in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition.

3. No individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition, such control or influence being defined in this context as:

1. holding a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights;

2. having the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of the club;

3. being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club; or

4. being able to exercise by any means a decisive influence in the decision-making of the club

In other words it isn’t about how many shares you own, but how much influence you have over the club. Even if Ratcliffe only has a minority stake in ManU, he controls the football decisions. That means he has to sell enough shares in Nice so he no longer has control or influence in the decision making of Nice.

Â