Manchester United

BOF

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

The new Falcao

Time will tell, I think it’s quite a shrewd bit of business if the £210k a week is accurate.

Compare it Traore at Villa, we’ve paid in the region of £17m and then £75k a week.

Cavani 2 year total: £21.8m

Traore 2 year total: £24.8m

Yes Traore will likely have some sell on value (unless he completely flops), but won’t bring as much money or increased profile into the club. Cavani has dined at the top table for over a decade and there’s little doubt he’ll cut the mustard.

United have done this kind of thing a few times with reasonable success. Sheringham, Owen, Zlatan.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Time will tell, I think it’s quite a shrewd bit of business if the £210k a week is accurate.

Compare it Traore at Villa, we’ve paid in the region of £17m and then £75k a week.

Yes Traore will likely have some sell on value (unless he completely flops), but won’t bring as much money or increased profile into the club. Cavani has dined at the top table for over a decade and there’s little doubt he’ll cut the mustard.

United have done this kind of thing a few times with reasonable success. Sheringham, Owen, Zlatan.

Cavani's agent is demanding massive fees also.

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cavani's agent is demanding massive fees also.

I suspected this might be the case otherwise more clubs would have come in for him. It might explain why United have waited till so late in the window, maybe the fees are coming down.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Almost 10 million euros on agent fees is a madness. But I'm sure United will get it down a little.

Yeah, there must be some wiggle room. If Cavani is out of contract he’s missing out on about a million every month he’s clubless.

It shows how broken football is when the inhibitor to signing a player is the agent who is paid to make the deals happen.

Its easily fixed, make agents be paid only by their client. Problem solved. 

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, there must be some wiggle room. If Cavani is out of contract he’s missing out on about a million every month he’s clubless.

It shows how broken football is when the inhibitor to signing a player is the agent who is paid to make the deals happen.

100 per cent. This will only end in success or disaster. No wiggle room for United. Shows their desperation.

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was talk of a huge singing on fee too, rumoured to have been looking for £10m.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Have you included the £10m agent fee in the Cavani figures?

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

There was a manager a few years ago that only bought older players and he kept ( I think it was Bolton ) in the top division.

You think Solskjaer will keep Manchester United up then?

Surprised they want a new CF. Martial and Rashford both had good seasons last year and Greenwood is being described as generational talent who wasn't far off 20 goals so that's three options for the main role right there although Rashford better out wide of course.

When you look at Man. United's problems it's De Gea not being good enough anymore for top level but his reputation is making it difficult for them to drop him, Lindelof being mediocre at CB and they can't get the right balance in central midfield with Pogba fit again.

Cavani has been a very good striker but feels a luxury signing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised they want a new CF. Martial and Rashford both had good seasons last year and Greenwood is being described as generational talent who wasn't far off 20 goals so that's three options for the main role right there although Rashford better out wide of course.

When you look at Man. United's problems it's De Gea not being good enough anymore for top level but his reputation is making it difficult for them to drop him, Lindelof being mediocre at CB and they can't get the right balance in central midfield with Pogba fit again.

Cavani has been a very good striker but feels a luxury signing.

dont forget maguire being super overrated.....

I must say, the Leicester Board should be arrested for robbery for getting 75mil for Maguire. Absolutely mugged Man United with that price. Hope for his sake the lad can defend himself better when he drops the soap in Greece...

• Haha 1

Â