Manchester United

BOF

52 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would imagine they don’t that’s why they made it up

Wait... Are you saying prospective kidnappers don't tell the victim and their friends their nationality beforehand? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/08/2020 at 21:06, HanoiVillan said:

But why go somewhere like Mykonos anyway?

After Santorini, Mykonos is the second most frequented island by international visitors and is by far the most popular with international celebrities. It is a cosmopolitan destination and widely recognised as one of the best tourist attractions in Greece. Mykonos Town (Chora) is a gorgeous Cycladic town with a maze of tiny streets and whitewashed steps lanes. You can’t mention Mykonos without referring to night time activities, which centre around the town and famous for its stylish eateries, bars and clubs. Other attractions include Paraportiani (a whitewashed church in Mykonos Town) and numerous sandy beaches along the island’s south coast.

Excuse my ignorance on the specifics of Maguire's situation, I'm only just getting familiar with it

Harry doesn't come across very well or convincingly but perhaps he's been hard done by. I'm Greek and I've been warned about the Albanian mafia. Melbourne has the second largest Greek population of any city outside of Athens, and there's a few Albanians here too, I've been told that they have a big hand in the methamphetamine trade, and are low-key rather than brazen. I know that an organised Albanian crime group in Sydney were associated with an African gang that kidnapped a wealthy Sydney socialite and ransomed him for $200,000. They were successful. I know that what happens in Australia has little to do with Maguire's case in Greece, but after reading very briefly about his sister's ordeal then I do wonder.

People in Greece have taken a 30% pay cut across the board, and one in five are struggling to pay rent. You get police corruption anywhere and everywhere too, just to varying degrees.

I'm not in any way suggesting I believe or know anything about what happened for Maguire over in Greece, because I don't, but a lesser mishap or mistake on his end getting blown out of context and proportion because he got on the wrong side of someone might've ended up being the reason why he's in the poo that he's in now.

Main article on BBC news last night , had an interview with him and he seemed upset by the whole ordeal, they did show a video of what I presume was the bar with him in it, looked like CCTV from behind the bar......more to come ?  

Tbh I can't believe the BBC had this as it's lheadline news.  Assuming he was drunk got into a dispute and walked away free, no one was hurt , why should the BBC, a national broadcaster , give him the time to plead his innocence, will they have the police officers on to tell their side of the story? 

He's been sentenced and found guilty and then they show this before his re trial.

2800 workers been made redundant was the next storey..... 

• Like 1

He could be telling the truth but it doesn’t feel quite right.

They'd all obviously been out on the lash all day, the video of him in the street he looked quite unsteady in his feet. He said his sister fainted after talking to some men, did they get a blood test immediately after they suspected she’d been spiked? Did she tell the police? Or was she like the hundreds of others who’d been drinking all day... pissed? 
If police or whoever we’re roughing him up and kicking his legs telling him his career was over does he have cuts and bruises? Where is the evidence of it?

Its all very odd.

• Like 2

It doesn't look right to me. Have the Greek police got a reputation for this type of brutality? Never heard of anything like this before and I assume lots of English footballers go and enjoy themselves there. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Genie said:

Pictures of Mason Greenwood inhaling laughing gas now emerged and he’s had to do another apology for the poor judgement and negative health impact of it.

Gary Neville outraged at how the poor kid is being victimised, absolute clown, imagine if it was a Liverpool player, joker.

Oh dear, I don’t think this is going to end well.

EF7213-B5-6-D4-C-4-B5-F-9926-21-AD7-DD5-

He’s been dragged through the papers for breaking rules on England duty and sent home in disgrace. Then later a video emerged of him smoking hippy crack. I don’t think it’s the “media’s” fault he’s in the football dog house.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Give over :crylaugh:

Sorry?

Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood says it was "poor judgement" to inhale nitrous oxide, after "historical pictures" of him doing so were published by the Sun.

It comes after Greenwood and Manchester City's Phil Foden were sent home from England dutyon Monday for breaching coronavirus quarantine guidelines.

"I strongly urge others not to follow my example," said Greenwood, 18.

Nitrous oxide is also known as laughing gas or 'hippy crack'.

In a statement, Greenwood said: "I have now been made aware of the health risks associated with this practice and accept that even trying it, as shown in these historical pictures, was poor judgement on my part.

Link

Â