VillaGoMarching

I never really get the idea with drinking at games in England. You cant bring it into game and you queue up for ages at half time

In Germany they have events after games for fans to drink at and adds to the experience and think it helps with traffic after game in that not everybody runs to train

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My ignorance on display here, but I hadn’t realised until just that it’s called “Tottenham Hotspur Stadium”.

...until they find a suitable sponsor for a large amount of money ;) 

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...until they find a suitable sponsor for a large amount of money ;) 

Yes, that is true. I’m a little bit surprised that hasn’t already been put in place though. They must have looked into it over the years while this has all been going on.

I suppose it’s because they’ll want the best deal possible and securing that requires champions league qualification, I guess?

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yes, that is true. I’m a little bit surprised that hasn’t already been put in place though. They must have looked into it over the years while this has all been going on.

I suppose it’s because they’ll want the best deal possible and securing that requires champions league qualification, I guess?

It's obvious when you realise Levy in involved with the negotiations. He's probably had some fantastic offers but keeps demanding more

• 2 weeks later...

On 03/04/2019 at 19:58, villalad21 said:

The money in football is just insanity.

That a single football club* can acquire the funds to build something like that is crazy.

*Clubs which are allowed to because they are in top leagues. 

Some clubs can't even afford to get kits washed for their players. 

Probably not. The sample size without Kane is very small and if they sell him who do they buy as a replacement? They'd have to get a striker in, whoever that is won't be as good and the fans would use it as a weapon against the board after every bad result.  The bright side of course is that they'll probably cope if Kane forces a move just like they coped after Bale, Modric and Berbatov all left. I just can't see it happening this summer. Playing the first season in that new stadium must be a huge draw. 

Spursszzz "magnificent" win featured on ITV news. My other half said "what are they celebrating?"

I said winning nothing, and beating Huddersfield, who are worse than us when we went down. Open top bus parade coming up!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Stats without Kane this season is incredible. I wonder would they be tempted to cash in

I still think Madrid go for one of the 2 argies dybala or icardi before bale (And that's only if they realise benzema is shit and hazard won't get 40 goals a season) after that I'm not sure who can buy him, psg need to strengthen elsewhere, barca have spent their money already, another PL club won't have the draw 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Stats without Kane this season is incredible. I wonder would they be tempted to cash in

They'd be mad to.  Stats often skew things I guess, but Kane is a world class striker.  Of the top scoring players in the Premier League, only Aguero and Aubameyang have a better mins per goal ratio - and neither of them are as efficient at scoring.

On 04/04/2019 at 10:46, Zatman said:

I would happily never leave Villa Park to get a new fancy stadium. They are boring and crucially we would never fill it

I'd take  a  'boring'  modern stadium over most of VP.

The Holte is great, the exterior looks brilliant, and the inside is alright. North Stand? Absolute shithole that should be demolished. The exterior looks like something from the 60s and the interior is absolutely shambolic. Not enough facilities, cramped, and dirty, I wouldn't sit there again if it was free. Trinity and Witton Lane? the exterior looks like an industrial unit, and the interiors aren't much better than the North Stand, especially the upper concourses, they're incredibly cramped and I'm surprised they get through fire regs. Nowhere near enough toilets of food/drink service points, piss-poor legroom, loads of seats with restricted views.

I'd happily knock all of it down except for the Holte and start again. Anyone who would rather have VP than the new Spuds stadium is insane. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd take  a  'boring'  modern stadium over most of VP.

The Holte is great, the exterior looks brilliant, and the inside is alright. North Stand? Absolute shithole that should be demolished. The exterior looks like something from the 60s and the interior is absolutely shambolic. Not enough facilities, cramped, and dirty, I wouldn't sit there again if it was free. Trinity and Witton Lane? the exterior looks like an industrial unit, and the interiors aren't much better than the North Stand, especially the upper concourses, they're incredibly cramped and I'm surprised they get through fire regs. Nowhere near enough toilets of food/drink service points, piss-poor legroom, loads of seats with restricted views.

I'd happily knock all of it down except for the Holte and start again. Anyone who would rather have VP than the new Spuds stadium is insane. 

Yes totally agree. Its looking tired and old and we've fallen well behind other clubs. 

I sit in the upper trinity for the first time in well over a decade, I must say the concourse was much better and nicer than I remember.

Spacious, clean, sun beaming through the roof. It was a lovely change of pace to the lower trinity dungeon vibe.

Â