VillaGoMarching

45 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I like them, because of my dad. I hadn’t realised just how many on here seem to dislike them. The other five of the big six, yeah of course I can see why people would dislike them. 

But spurs never win anything, they’re fairly inoffensive so even without my family link to them, I’d probably see them as the lesser of all the evils challenging up there. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Like a better run version of Everton.

I kinda get the feeling that’s partly why people dislike them...they’re considered a “big” side, but they’ve not achieved anything significant to warrant it.

Exactly, people have a dig at City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea saying they spent £x-hundred-million on players, then one team competes with them organically with a manager who has turned some pretty average English talent into World Cup semi-finalists and they hate them as well.  I'd love if Villa could do what Spurs have done.

It's because they are a bunch of cockney ****s who think they are a big club and are not.

.........now they are actually becoming a big club I find it quite annoying, so would really enjoy it going tits up for them just on the cusp of something special.

To me, they will always be a tin pot club that signs players like Pavlychenko, Helder Postiga and Sergey Rebrov, finishes mid table, sacks their manager on the regular and then has their fans claiming they should be winning the league.

Get in the bin.

GlastonSpur has alot to answer for regarding the Spurs hatred. He used to post on here and wind up the locals. 

He seemed like the kind of guy in his mid 40s who still lives at his parents house and has Spurs bedsheets and blinds. 

And they had bollock chops as their manager for a while, and that never goes down well on here either. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 4

harrys a good shout, i hated them with him in charge too

they're not as bad as west ham but i do think they benefit from being in london, elevates the level of coverage they get which back when we was doing ok pissed me off (same with everton)

now i just think they're a shitter version of arsenal, at least they won the FA cup, what do spurs actually do? play decent for sky every now and then, have english players, they're one of the main offenders in the competitive PL myth, at no point this season was the title a 3 horse race

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

now i just think they're a shitter version of arsenal, at least they won the FA cup, what do spurs actually do? play decent for sky every now and then, have english players, they're one of the main offenders in the competitive PL myth, at no point this season was the title a 3 horse race

They came 3rd in a 2 horse race in 2016, thats impressive 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs being Spurs.

Biggest bottlejob in the world of football. Looks like top 4 is slipping for them now.

In 2 weeks from title race to Europa League. Yet some people in media still believe that Levy is a genius

He has **** up Spurs best chance in years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

In 2 weeks from title race to Europa League. Yet some people in media still believe that Levy is a genius

He’s also made spurs a champions league side. It wasn’t that long ago they were competing with us in the race for sixth. 

• Like 2

On 10/03/2019 at 01:07, Zatman said:

He really hasn't :D 

I think they might still make top 4 myself. However they are still in with a chance of winning the champions league.  To me though they just haven't invested like the other top clubs have and the limitations of the squad is what is hurting them. 

i think the one thing levy didn't do in expectation of the stadium costs eating in to their coffers is prop the team up with yoof, 2/3 years ago they should have recruited 18-20 year olds ready to be in and around the first team now but they only have foyth (played 7 games) and walker-peters (2) coming through but that's also a poch issue because he's not using the youth team, starting 11 is good, the depth isnt there

whats not being written that much about spurs is just how many young players are leaving them, bennetts (monchengladbach) griffiths (lyon) madueke (PSV) all left last summer, they also lost their head of recruitment to RB leipzig

On 28/02/2019 at 11:38, villalad21 said:

You can't become a big club if you don't win anything

A consistent top six club with the best stadium in the UK  makes them a big club. But I guess it depends on how you define "Big Club"

• Haha 1

Â