VillaGoMarching

Some of the pics look really impressive to be fair.   Good idea being a cashless stadium too. It's well known people spend more on a card than with cash.  They'll soon get the 1 billion back 😂

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Some of the pics look really impressive to be fair.   Good idea being a cashless stadium too. It's well known people spend more on a card than with cash.  They'll soon get the 1 billion back 😂

I went to Hertha years ago and was cashless and you just kept topping up the card. Was so much wasted :(

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Won't be the wait for Beer like there is at Villa Park either. 

I absolutely agree with you, and those things do look useful, but it's a bit dull that every single news broadcast has the same two-second clip of a pint filling from the bottom. 

• Like 1

Yeah, at the risk of sounding like a complete Spurs-apologist in this thread, I like their new stadium.  Maybe not as much from the outside, actually... sort of resembles a shopping centre.  Inside, though, quality.  The stands/pitch are nice too; personally think it has a very European (outside of UK, of course) feel to it.

You can't replace the charm of old English stadia - it's impossible.  This is a modern stadium and it's a much better effort than most of the other ones.

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

... how the hell do the pint cups fill up from the bottom?! Blown my mind ha 

All pint glasses are filled from the bottom. I did an experiment. I went to the pub and bought some beers. Each time I carefully watched the pint being poured and I observed that first they put some beer in the bottom part of the receptacle (the glass), then on top of that they put some more beer to fill the middle part before finally putting more beer on top of that and this then filled the upper part of the glass. Clever isn’t it?

all that science was hard work. The next day I had blurred vision and a headache from all the observation and thinking.

Mabbutt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

All pint glasses are filled from the bottom. I did an experiment. I went to the pub and bought some beers. Each time I carefully watched the pint being poured and I observed that first they put some beer in the bottom part of the receptacle (the glass), then on top of that they put some more beer to fill the middle part before finally putting more beer on top of that and this then filled the upper part of the glass. Clever isn’t it?

all that science was hard work. The next day I had blurred vision and a headache from all the observation and thinking.

Mabbutt.

Assume you either haven't seen the footage or are being facetious for the sake of it.

The beer actually enters the receptacle from the bottom, not poured in from the top and filled from the bottom but it actually enters from the bottom.

It's pretty cool.

Safe to say that with the stadium done Spurs have booked their place in the upcoming UEFA Super League that will be closed for everyone except the 30-40 most elite clubs.

We've been left so far in the dust that we can never catch these clubs.

Nice stadium thou.

It is a road we'll eventually have to follow if we are ever going to at least attempt to compete for the title best of the rest.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Safe to say that with the stadium done Spurs have booked their place in the upcoming UEFA Super League that will be closed for everyone except the 30-40 most elite clubs.

Nice stadium thou.

It is a road we'll eventually have to follow if we are ever going to at least attempt to compete for the title best of the rest.

Do tickets actually contribute to that high a percentage of a PL club's revenue these days?  We could redevelop and increase the capacity of Villa Park a lot more easily and cheaply than the billion it's cost Spurs.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Nice stadium thou.

I would happily never leave Villa Park to get a new fancy stadium. They are boring and crucially we would never fill it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Do tickets actually contribute to that high a percentage of a PL club's revenue these days?  We could redevelop and increase the capacity of Villa Park a lot more easily and cheaply than the billion it's cost Spurs.

No it's more down to advertisement rights, exposure, nice TV angles, swanky pictures, executive lounges and stuff like that.

Having 10.000 more or so average joe fans in the stadium doesn't really matter that much anymore.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would happily never leave Villa Park to get a new fancy stadium. They are boring and crucially we would never fill it

Fair enough.

And until transports are sorted there certainly is no point in expanding.

I just don't see the new owners having any sort of plan that doesn't some place in the future involves expending or building a new stadium.

It will happen or they will move on IMO. You just have to look at the Milwaukee Bucks.

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Expanding, yes please.

Building a whole new stadium that looks like all the other stadia but has fancy beer cups. No thanks.

Perfect solution :D 

Bildresultat för russian stadium expansion

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Assume you... are being facetious for the sake of it.

The beer actually enters the receptacle from the bottom, not poured in from the top and filled from the bottom but it actually enters from the bottom.

It's pretty cool.

Moi? 😛

That's just holding the glass upside down, innit. Poncy London show offs.. What's wrong with gravity, and hand pumps like we have up north?

Not cool.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Assume you either haven't seen the footage or are being facetious for the sake of it.

It's pretty cool.

Assuming you don't know, but there's a button at the bottom of the glass/cup/whatever which moves up and allows beer to enter.

Similarly, if you're holding said pint and push the same button at the the bottom of the glass/cup/whatever, your beer will depart.

Â