VillaGoMarching

its cost how many hundreds of millions and its been how many years since the last big new stadium was built?

unfortunately these horrendous soulless bolt together identikit stadiums have stopped the idea that brand new stadiums should be the best in the country

why would they aim to build the 8th best stadium in the country? they're not Everton

• Like 1

Define “best”. 

Its certainly not best in terms of looks. It looks like every other bowl stadium that’s been built in the past 20 years. 

I’d absolutely hate it if we moved to a stadium like that. 

daft things like accessibility, ease of use, functionality, facilities, customer service blah blah blah

areas where IMO wembley fails, most of the time quite miserably 

spurs look like they've ticket a lot of boxes but how much of that is for people who can afford it is yet to be seen, all these fancy beer pumps etc and micro breweries i doubt that will be an away fans experience of the place

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That new stadium looks a far cry from the Etihad, London Stadium and Emirates tbh. It looks like an upgraded WHL.

It looks the same. The roof is slightly different but the outline of the seats etc is exactly the same. 

Theyre always pretty much the same. 

Like I said, I would hate it if we moved to one of these stadia. They’re so boring. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It looks the same. The roof is slightly different but the outline of the seats etc is exactly the same. 

Theyre always the same. 

Haven't been to a stadium before so I don't really have a frame of reference but the seats look to me to be much closer to the pitch than the ones I've mentioned.

What is it exactly that makes the stadiums so soulless apart from that?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Haven't been to a stadium before so I don't really have a frame of reference but the seats look to me to be much closer to the pitch than the ones I've mentioned.

What is it exactly that makes the stadiums so soulless apart from that?

I think the lack of ends really hurts the atmosphere. 

And I think there’s just a general lack of identity. The stadia all look very similar. They’re all made of metal and girders and they all feel alike. 

Compare it to going to an old ground like villa park or goodison or old Trafford and it just doesn’t compare. 

Theyre amazing modern facilities. But they’re boring. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The only "new" one that ticks all my boxes is Lucas Oil Stadium.

I think this "new stadiums are boring" argument is boring.

What exactly do you expect? Wooden chairs like at Fulham?

You do realise that stadiums built 60 years ago were all the same too?

Its the fans that make stadiums what they are.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In fairness here they've gone out of their way to design an "end" the rest of the stadium is a multilayered, set of levels punctuated by the hospitality boxes and the usual stuff, but one end is an uninterrupted enclosure of seating. It's designed to be their home "end".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

And I think there’s just a general lack of identity. The stadia all look very similar. They’re all made of metal and girders and they all feel alike. 

Compare it to going to an old ground like villa park or goodison or old Trafford and it just doesn’t compare. 

Completely agree

Man city being the best example because whatever their version of the holte was at Maine road, when they moved and all their nutters got the chance to pick their seats they chose to sit themselves next to the away fans, as a result the noise is down one end of the ground, I'm sure arsenal spread themselves everywhere, west ham with their pricing and cheap section split their fans too

Hopefully with this kop at one end if the away fans are the other then spurs will avoid that 

Edited by villa4europe

53 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Agree with that too having been to a couple of bundesliga games 

Like I said I think it's more the move and pricing and the uprooting of fans that has caused it

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

D14KdncX4AEnMMh.jpg:large

might be the camera angle but I would not like falling off the edge of that pitch rolling down the slope and injuring myself if I was a multi million pound footballer!

52 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

might be the camera angle but I would not like falling off the edge of that pitch rolling down the slope and injuring myself if I was a multi million pound footballer!

Apparently they've left no room for corner takers. You kind of have to run up the hill to take them.

On the slope thing, Old Trafford has quite steep slopes off the edge of the pitch. I've always thought it was an accident waiting to happen, especially with the advertising boards right there.

11 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I don't expect anything different. I expect new stadia to be like this because it's cheaper and more efficient to build and provides the best facilities and highest attendance blah blah blah

But that doesn't change the fact that they completely lack character and all look very similar.

Stadia built 60 years ago aren't all the same though. You can't tell me Craven Cottage is the same as villa park is the same as goodison is the same as old trafford is the same as highfield road etc

If Villa are ever in the position where we need a bigger ground I would much rather we developed Villa Park than move to one of these bowls.

• Like 2

Â