VillaGoMarching

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

That's the precise reason I want Spurs to win it, I know so many Arsenal fans that think they are inferior to every other supporter because of the invincible team 20 years ago.

Arsenal fans also love rubbing Spurs' noses in the fact they haven't won a major trophy.

I also hate Arsenal because of that FA Cup Final and the way they dismantled us with such ease.

Me too I wish we could swap the 3-1 opening day league win with the 4-0 final slapping

Doesn't help that large part of the most influential part of the Swedish media core are Spurs fans.

Simon Bank, Erik Niva and a bunch more. Pretty much every pundit around 40 or so are Spurs fans here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Doesn't help that large part of the most influential part of the Swedish media core are Spurs fans.

Simon Bank, Erik Niva and a bunch more. Pretty much every pundit around 40 or so are Spurs fans here.

And it all  started with Lars- Gunnar Björklund being a tottenham fan, going over to watch them and then got the idea to send english football on swedish TV. We've sort of got spuds to thank for that. Hate them. But liverpool are worse.

• Like 1

Just now, Pelle said:

And it all  started with Lars- Gunnar Björklund being a tottenham fan, going over to watch them and then got the idea to send english football on swedish TV. We've sort of got spuds to thank for that. Hate them. But liverpool are worse.

Yeah.

But the only sympathetic thing about Spurs is their ability to never win anything.

I would not want to take that away from them

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah.

But the only sympathetic thing about Spurs is their ability to never win anything.

I would not want to take that away from them

No, we wouldn't want that. I remember Niva writing a long article the last time they won something, which was the league cup. I can only imagine what would happen if they won the CL. Extrabilaga.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Another night showing just how inferior the Premier League sides are compared to the rest of Europe.

the result aside I don't see how you watch ajax pass the ball and movement off the ball and not be impressed, something we simply cant do in England, football is and probably always will be cyclical, sometimes our brand of football comes up trumps and to be fair klopp and pep are good footballing managers but ajax are better at football than any of the PL, they just dont have the gazillions to spend on players

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Another night showing just how inferior the Premier League sides are compared to the rest of Europe.

And all they needed to do was import the best managers and players from around the world :D

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What a horrible morning. All these spurs fans are unbearable around here. If they win it godv help us who live in london 

Exactly.

I don't know who would be worse after they won it?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Their not beating Liverpool, not a chance for me.

I thought that.

But then they should have beat them in the league a few weeks back.

Also, I said there is no chance Liverpool beat Barca, no chance Spurs beat Ajax at half time, no chance Ajax beat Juve, No chance man u beat psg.

There is no chance Leicester would have won the league.

It's football.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have to say this. Give Liverpool European cup as they have done it 5 times already and no biggy.. - Spurs win it and the Wankfest from the media will be too much.

Give Man City the League as if Liverpoool win that we won't here the last of that either.

I just hope we have something to Celebrate after Next Monday too.  

The wank fest of spurs winning it will be unbearable - I seriously would have to consider leaving London for a few weeks as it will be horrible. 

I really hope we go up as even if spurs win it I wouldn't care as much of we won't the play offs. 

It is not unsurprising that some are miffed by Spurs, however, I am very pleased for them. I went to the home leg at WHL with my business partner and friend who has a couple of season tickets. Thought they hadnt got a cat in hells chance of turning it around last night but in the end they had the tenacity (and a lot of luck) to make it. 

However my main reason for applauding them is that I feel it gives teams other than Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc hope. Obviously Spurs are a very rich club but they have not spent the £100s of millions that others have and now it is possible they will achieve the top honour in Europe. 

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He has hugely changed 2 Champions League 2nd legs in a row now. Not bad for terrible.

He was a good forward for years at Bilbao and then flopped a bit at Juventus. Then had a great six months at Swansea.

He's that awkward plan B option, bit like Crouch and Fellani have been. Can't see him doing much in final as Van Dijk would comfortably handle him but I imagine Kane will start if fit. Interesting who Poch leaves out as they're obviously not just going to have Sissoko as their sole DM.

Llorente for my mind has always been a good player and is clearly a fantastic impact sub, absolutely tremendous in the air, a very good physical presence and works hard to pressurise defenders.

After much thought I want Spurs to win, I really hate Liverpool, I sort of hate Spurs, but ultimately Spurs get the nod for me as I want Liverpool to end the season with nothing. That said Liverpool are clearly favourites, but Spurs will give them a much harder time than Ajax, Ajax lack the experience at this level across players and management, they're also a mentally weak side. Spurs have a world class coach who will pose several tactical headaches. 

• Like 2

Just had a quick look at first few pages of this thread.

That summer of 2013 when Benteke did a u turn over signing and we were debating whether them signing Kaboul, Vlad Chriches, Demble, Paulinho and Soldado made them title contenders. Sherwood lead them to 6th that year.

Likes of @rosenthal and taraguta Jones were good posters so happy for them if they still browse this thread. Think this guy was also a regular Spurs poster on here back in the day. @joey55

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Imagine if spurs won the Champs League before Arsenal! That would have been unthinkable even 10 years ago. 

Imagine a scenario where Arsenal win the Europa League only for Spurs to win the Champions League a few days later.

• Haha 1

Â