VillaGoMarching

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not as bad as it looks from the above angle

ck.jpg

But imagine a player gets a shove in the back as he gets to the touchline and goes off the edge into that advertising board. Seems really dangerous.

But like I said Old trafford is similar and it's never happened there so maybe I'm just being paranoid

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But imagine a player gets a shove in the back as he gets to the touchline and goes off the edge into that advertising board. Seems really dangerous.

But like I said Old trafford is similar and it's never happened there so maybe I'm just being paranoid

That happens loads at Old Trafford, just not with serious outcomes.  I've often seen players give others a shitty push off the pitch.

That said, the slope there seems closer to the pitch than at Old Trafford?  Very odd design.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tegis said:

The only "new" one that ticks all my boxes is Lucas Oil Stadium.

There's a new one being built in West London at the moment that is about as far from an identikit bowl as it's possible to be.

Of course, that's because they're trying to squeeze it in between two converging railway lines in a space that to the naked eye, doesn't look big enough for a football pitch, let alone a stadium.

Really like the single tier end behind the goal, more new stadia should have that rather than the wrap around three tiers that seems modern trend.

Stadium does look a bit dull with all the black seats though, what happened to the white ones given that's Spurs main colour.

On 19/03/2019 at 14:22, bobzy said:

That happens loads at Old Trafford, just not with serious outcomes.  I've often seen players give others a shitty push off the pitch.

That said, the slope there seems closer to the pitch than at Old Trafford?  Very odd design.

Ashley Young was involved in one recently that could have been nasty, went flying into the boards. It might have been against Liverpool 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

The beginning of the end for this management team and squad. They have overachieved in many respects. 

I think a fair few will move on to bigger and better things the next 18 months.

But but but they can play in that stadium and consistently achieve one of the very highest honours in football which is challenge for 3rd place in the premier league, why on earth would anyone want to leave that?

Yeah, I’d like them to do well, but I can’t help but feel they are literally missing (already missed?) their chance to capitalise on the position they got themselves into. They’re still in the champions league in fairness, but it’s probably reasonable to think that won’t be the case for long.

It feels a bit like people will look back on these 5 or so years as a massive missed opportunity. It’s not exactly the same, but off the top of my head, the first comparison I think of is Newcastle in the 90’s being this good side but not winning things, falling away and ultimately leaving people wondering what could have been.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah, I’d like them to do well, but I can’t help but feel they are literally missing (already missed?) their chance to capitalise on the position they got themselves into. They’re still in the champions league in fairness, but it’s probably reasonable to think that won’t be the case for long.

It feels a bit like people will look back on these 5 or so years as a massive missed opportunity. It’s not exactly the same, but off the top of my head, the first comparison I think of is Newcastle in the 90’s being this good side but not winning things, falling away and ultimately leaving people wondering what could have been.

Leeds at millennium as well and maybe even Moyes with Everton. Was nearly a decade on the fringes 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Leeds at millennium as well and maybe even Moyes with Everton. Was nearly a decade on the fringes 

Yes Leeds in particular is a very good example. I wonder if O’Leary and Risdale are somehow involved in the building of the new spurs stadium. It would explain a lot.

Â