Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Lara = / = Laura

A particular bone of contention for anyone that's listened to American games media. Whenever a Tomb Raider game comes out inevitably there's going to be the car crash of Lara becoming Laura...

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

IKEA...  For a company who charge ridiculous prices for delivery they really aren’t great at it. 

IKEA don't actually deliver do they? I thought it was an Independent company that pays for the franchise in each store ?

Asda delivery.

Been trying out all the various grocery home delivery options. This occasion it was Asda.

Delivery due Weds 8-10pm. 1005pm  No delivery, yet marked as delivered on their website. Went outside to see if there was an Asda van wandering around lost, but no. Called them up about and asked what was going on. Was told to wait up until 11 and it would be delivered. I went to bed to read. 1105pm no delivery, so I called them again. Lines close at 1100pm.

Thursday late afternoon I call to ask them politely what the **** is going on. Can barely hear the girl on the end of the line, so ask her to turn her mic up a bit. Click. Cut off. Call back.  Ask them why it's marked as delivered when it hasn't been. They raise an 'urgent' query.

Today at lunch time I leave my house for the first time in several days. This is what I find on my doorstep.

grIu9Ti.jpg

How long has it been there? 24 hours? Longer? Who knows? It's a mystery. Needless to say all the frozen food is thawed out. **** useless.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Asda don't actually deliver do they? I thought it was an Independent company that pays for the franchise in each store ?

Funny but somewhat missing the point. My point was that the cost for delivery is high because IKEA aren't delivering themselves. You are engaging a completely different company to IKEA to deliver IKEAs products, the contract is between you and the other company, not IKEA.

On 04/11/2021 at 14:52, Wainy316 said:

Salt Bae.  I don't even know what he is (only learned his name yesterday) but I keep seeing images of him everywhere and for some reason I've taken a dislike to him.

Nah, I judge the words removed who go in there, but I take my hat off to the man for selling something idiots want to buy at an exorbitant price. Why not do that if people are willing to trip over each other to hand you their hard earned?  Go for it I sae.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The way Americans pronounce Graham. Just say it properly you ****.  

We asked someone once how to make s’mores when in the states cause we had had some and we’re staying in a place with a BBQ so wanted to do our own. Went to the shop spent ages looking for Gram crackers, no joy. Settled on Graham crackers as they looked similar.

Was watching a cooking show on Netflix called Chef’s Table. It was American but one of the chefs was a Scottish guy called Graham. For about half of the 1st episode the presenter made a conscious effort to pronounce it properly but this very quickly deteriorated to the norm for the rest of the series.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Nah, I judge the words removed who go in there, but I take my hat off to the man for selling something idiots want to buy at an exorbitant price. Why not do that if people are willing to trip over each other to hand you their hard earned?  Go for it I sae.

Exactly. Like some modern art. 

News item repetition. Especially if it's something from your local region that's made national news. Case in point tonight - the Yorkshire CC racism row. BBC 6 o'clock news opens with a 'headline' soundbite from an interview with the chief exec. Then we get the interview itself. Then a trailer for the local Yorkshire news, featuring the same topic. Then at 6.30 the local news comes on - soundbite again, then the interview again. We've already seen it, cover some other topic! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Exactly. Like some modern art. 

Hmmm well sort of

There is a big difference though, no one has resold a turd containing gold leaf from the day after for a profit...yet

BTW, I've just copyrighted that idea, so... erm... hands off :mrgreen:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Hmmm well sort of

There is a big difference though, no one has resold a turd containing gold leaf from the day after for a profit...yet

BTW, I've just copyrighted that idea, so... erm... hands off :mrgreen:

Definitely a Turner prize winner there! 

• Thanks 1

I occasionally check out local news then wish I hadn't bothered, and ignore it for a few months.

On today's front page. They're trying so hard to write clickbait, but it just doesn't work for some reason, can't put my finger on it.

1Y0vJBB.png

• Haha 2

Â