Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm standing behind a guy at the grocery store who has an American flag t shirt that says "Stomp on my flag and I'll stomp your ass!"

🙄

Should have asked him if he'd do the same to anyone who wrapped themselves in it.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So I'm in Waitrose (just showing off) browsing the vegan options (don't know if I've mentioned it...) and overhear a couple talking about veggie sausages not sure which ones to go for. As a veteran of this kind of thing, I say "I'd definitely recommend these ones if you've not tried any of them before". They turn to me, and before I can queue up "Not a problem", the woman, for she was no lady, says "Why don't you mind your own **** business". Which would be fair enough, if we were shopping in Asda. Country's going to the dogs when that happens in Waitrose (did I mention I was in Waitrose?).

Broken Britain. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

So I'm in Waitrose (just showing off) browsing the vegan options (don't know if I've mentioned it...) and overhear a couple talking about veggie sausages not sure which ones to go for. As a veteran of this kind of thing, I say "I'd definitely recommend these ones if you've not tried any of them before". They turn to me, and before I can queue up "Not a problem", the woman, for she was no lady, says "Why don't you mind your own **** business". Which would be fair enough, if we were shopping in Asda. Country's going to the dogs when that happens in Waitrose (did I mention I was in Waitrose?).

Don't blame her. Being a veggie she's probably not getting the correct minerals and vitamins to ensure her brain is capable of functioning properly.  It's to be expected really. She probably thought she was actually thanking you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Was in Waitrose earlier perusing coffee and this bellend knocked the mellowbirds out of my hand and started going on about artisan beans out of the arse of a goat. Told the skinny looking sickly bastard to do one and maybe take some vitamins. Thought that was it. Headed over to the sausage aisle and some pillock had put the Richmond's in amongst all the soy and oat sausages. Well I was about to grab some 100% pig sausage when the palid looking bellend came over and announced that he was a vegan and we should definitely have the cranberry and hemp snorkers. Wife told him to do one and I lobbed a steak at him. Buggered off to Asda after that. 

Seriously though, you're too good for Mellowbirds. For as little as £15 you can get some freshly roasted beans delivered to your door. I can recommend some good grinders :blush:

• Haha 1

Just now, troon_villan said:

Yes.  Everything negative is.  Including Villa's recent slump.

True, I mean when before Brexit did you ever go to a bar or restaurant and get served by any foreign people?  It's preposterous to think it may have had an impact on the availability of labour in the leisure jobs market. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

True, I mean when before Brexit did you ever go to a bar or restaurant and get served by any foreign people?  It's preposterous to think it may have had an impact on the availability of labour in the leisure jobs market. 

If there are so many jobs of there? Why are there so many unemployed? Am I allowed to ask that? 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If there are so many jobs of there? Why are there so many unemployed? Am I allowed to ask that? 

Feel free to ask.  Unemployment is currently at very low rates.  

https://www.ft.com/content/463f4fbd-3a50-45b5-891c-5cb5ba623df8

UK job vacancies hit record 1.1m as labour market tightens

Official figures show openings matched or exceeded pre-pandemic levels in all sectors

Britain’s labour market is at its tightest in more than four decades, with fewer unemployed people for each job vacancy than before the pandemic, according to the latest official figures.

The Office for National Statistics said on Tuesday that the number of open jobs rose to a record high of 1.1m in the three months to August, while the average unemployment rate for the period fell to 4.5 per cent, from 4.9 per cent in the previous three-month period.

Unfortunately many of those unemployed just don't want to work in those kind of jobs, unlike the young Polish etc who used to work in most bars and restaurants. 

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure how but I ended up taking some 'imported' Polish cigarettes home from a colleague at work to give to somebody who is supposed to come round to mine and pick them up and pay £240.  He didn't turn up yesterday so I'm wasting a second afternoon waiting in.  It reminds me a bit of when Roy in the IT Crowd ends up taking in that window cleaner's bike and can't get rid of it.  The Polish guy at work is the nicest bloke but I can't always understand what he is saying and just nodded along with the conversation, I just hope this isn't going to escalate into a regular thing.

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The waitor/waitress asking me if my food is OK within a minute of me starting my meal. 

Best is when they wait until you have a mouth full of food.

How about they keep their eyes peeled, then they wouldn't have to interrupt my meal?

I was lucky on Saturday night that when they came over I pointed out the bottles of beer they gave us were out of date and got free drinks for the rest of the meal.  Probably the only time I've ever said anything other than 'yes, good thanks' even if it was utter shit.

• Like 1

Â