Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

News item repetition. Especially if it's something from your local region that's made national news. Case in point tonight - the Yorkshire CC racism row. BBC 6 o'clock news opens with a 'headline' soundbite from an interview with the chief exec. Then we get the interview itself. Then a trailer for the local Yorkshire news, featuring the same topic. Then at 6.30 the local news comes on - soundbite again, then the interview again. We've already seen it, cover some other topic! 

Yeah that does my head in. Especially as due to time constraints they normally cover it in less detail than you've already seen 

• Like 1

I think you've got to be spectacularly moronic, and also a bit of a word removed, to stand out in your garden staring up at the sky with your jaw wide open at some bangs and flashes in the sky for hours on end. So it's no surprise to know my **** neighbours will be doing this until the start of January. Hope they blow their **** hand off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve only heard one large firework and a handful of subsequent smaller bangs so far, although the night is young. I never find myself dreading tonight so I guess it’s not much of an issue round here.

Because of that, I don’t really mind them. I’m planning on taking my kid to see a bonfire and display tomorrow evening which is taking place on the outskirts of the village. Not taken her to one before, so am (mildly) looking forward to seeing if she enjoys it. If she doesn’t then I won’t be too downbeat about not going again.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yep that pisses us off not you :mrgreen:

PS: You can hide your own posts!

Genuinely never knew that was a thing

P.S. What post?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

Very much 'that shouldn't' because I don't like people whinging too much about bonfire night, but I have to admit this dog is very frightened of fireworks and I've now spent two nights in a row listening to very loud classical music in a completely dark room holding a terrified spaniel and it isn't all that much fun.

Can't wait till tomorrow!

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Very much 'that shouldn't' because I don't like people whinging too much about bonfire night, but I have to admit this dog is very frightened of fireworks and I've now spent two nights in a row listening to very loud classical music in a completely dark room holding a terrified spaniel and it isn't all that much fun.

Reggae is better than classical for relaxing dogs

its genuinely a thing

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I’m very lucky that my dog really isn’t fussed by fireworks at all. 

Â