Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Was leaving to go to work this morning, and I find our cat smashed on the road.

Obviously that pisses me off, and makes me incredibly sad; he was ace. Completely unproblematic, tidy, cuddly, friendly, everything really. Had to break it to the wife. She was devastated too.

What pisses me off the most is that we have a lot of land behind the house, then lots of bordering land belonging to other people, that he could go to. He was hunting all of the time there. What the **** possessed him to go on the road, when he had so much other land to frolick in?

A really sad day, and so preventable. RIP mate.

Same thing happened to my mates cat when me and the then still to be Mrs Sidcow were house sitting for him and his wife when on holiday.  We are still referred to as the cat killers 25 years later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What pisses me off the most is that we have a lot of land behind the house, then lots of bordering land belonging to other people, that he could go to. He was hunting all of the time there. What the **** possessed him to go on the road, when he had so much other land to frolick in?

It was far more predictable in the case of our feline road casualty. Sibling cats - the male one was lazy and mega risk-averse, he never strayed from the house or the back garden. His sister, on the other hand, was The Ultra-Huntress - and opposite the front of our house was farmland. Unfortunately it was on the other side of the A65. She tended to make the crossing at night, when the traffic was relatively sparse, but one night her luck ran out. It's why we've never had any cats since, can't face it again. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 01/11/2021 at 20:01, Seat68 said:

Was in Waitrose earlier perusing coffee and this bellend knocked the mellowbirds out of my hand and started going on about artisan beans out of the arse of a goat. Told the skinny looking sickly bastard to do one and maybe take some vitamins. Thought that was it. Headed over to the sausage aisle and some pillock had put the Richmond's in amongst all the soy and oat sausages. Well I was about to grab some 100% pig sausage when the palid looking bellend came over and announced that he was a vegan and we should definitely have the cranberry and hemp snorkers. Wife told him to do one and I lobbed a steak at him. Buggered off to Asda after that. 

I think Vegans would be save with Richmond's sausages. They don't contain actual meat do they?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Weirdly I visited a friend a couple of weeks back and he bought veggie sausages for me to have in the morning and I was a bit wary when I saw he'd got Richmond veggie ones

But they were actually quite nice. Tasted better than their pork ones (from memory!)

Further adds to my theory that sausages don't actually taste of pork

Oh dear god.  We're NOT going back on the Richmond Sausage bashing again are we?   we've been down this road so many times.

If it's not Richmond Sausages, it's the 80's

You are wrong on both counts so suck it up mofo

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear god.  We're NOT going back on the Richmond Sausage bashing again are we?   we've been down this road so many times.

If it's not Richmond Sausages, it's the 80's

You are wrong on both counts so suck it up mofo

Its a infected spinal column in a bap.

However if its between that and cardboard muesli I would take it.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a infected spinal column in a bap.

However if its between that and cardboard muesli I would take it.

If that were true I would be shaking all over like a mad cow right now.  Moooooooooooo

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Was leaving to go to work this morning, and I find our cat smashed on the road.

Obviously that pisses me off, and makes me incredibly sad; he was ace. Completely unproblematic, tidy, cuddly, friendly, everything really. Had to break it to the wife. She was devastated too.

A really sad day, and so preventable. RIP mate.

I'm so sorry to hear that mate. It was right around one year ago that I had to put my dog down, and that pain is still with me to be honest. I feel for you both.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

If I ever get more cats, I'll be trying to raise them as indoor cats and never give them the chance to go outside, because the thought of that happening horrifies me, but once they've got a taste for the outdoors theres's no going back

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A few months back my mother rang me in a right state. "Alfie has been run over. Its awful. Oh alfie..."

Crying her eyes out bless her. Long been in our family. I cried. She cried.

I was heartbroken. 

She rings me back a few hours later.

"Alfie just walked in the back door."

She buried someone else's cat in the garden.

This was in my mind too, but it was 100% him unfortunately :( 

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I ever get more cats, I'll be trying to raise them as indoor cats and never give them the chance to go outside, because the thought of that happening horrifies me, but once they've got a taste for the outdoors theres's no going back

We got ours pretty late, around 6 months old and he'd basically lived outdoors. When we moved next to this main road, my wife was really keen on keeping him in but within 2/3 days he was (literally) climbing the walls.

We definately have pet thieves active around us. We had a beautiful Grey long furred cat. He was really tame & friendly and would let anyone pick him up He'd just turn into a rag doll basically just lying dormant leant over your shoulder if you picked him up. He never strayed off either (Having had the chop) & would just lay down outstretched on the pavement at the front of our house soaking up the sun. 

Well a few years ago on one sunny day he just vanished! Not a sign of him anywhere. We hunted high & low, contacted loacl vets, checked the gutters etc in case he'd been hit by a car. We even put missing posters up everywhere with his picture on etc and knocked on doors. My little daughter was distraught. 

Then about a week later whilst out still looking for him two girls came up & said " excuse me, are you still looking for your cat, the Grey one?" Well we're really sorry to say but we saw a man with a hoody up walking of the estate with him that day you were putting the posters up"

Since then there have been countless people around here with missing animals. 

No doubt they'll be appearing on certain websites with a for sale sign attached!

Scum 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’ve just been awarded the rank of ‘Rookie’ 

what-how-dare-you.gif

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

That’s ok. I can mentor you. 

Speaking as a Grand Master I'm not sure I should even be acknowledging either of you. I dwell on higher VT matters beyond your current comprehension. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I posted earlier last year about the almost total abortion ban in Poland.

Unbelievable sad story here related to it.

“Thanks to the abortion law, there’s nothing they can do,” wrote woman before death in Polish hospital | Notes From Poland

And the views of the government.

A senior lawmaker from Poland’s ruling party, Marek Suski, has also claimed that Izabela’s death had “nothing to do with” the abortion law. “The fact that people die is biology,” he said. “And unfortunately sometimes women die in childbirth.”

Sick.

• Sad 3

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I posted earlier last year about the almost total abortion ban in Poland.

Unbelievable sad story here related to it.

“Thanks to the abortion law, there’s nothing they can do,” wrote woman before death in Polish hospital | Notes From Poland

And the views of the government.

Sick.

It is rather sad what is going on in Poland and Hungry. Is it better for them to stay in the EU and face pressure to change, or should they be thrown out? I don't know.

Â