Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

As an avid FPL player ever since back in the days of the BBC game is there anything more boring than people talking about their teams and transfers 

Only people talking about people talking about their team and transfers.

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

Exactly this. As a Cestrian by birth dislike those sheep over the border.

Nothing at all to do with you @HanoiVillan

I know, I was only joking :)

I've also got family from Chester, always had a soft spot for the team (and a resulting dislike of Wrexham) but I can't say I feel strongly enough to stop using a well-placed reynolds.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

People appear to be wishing each other a "Happy Halloween"

Why?????

I often ask this. I thought the whole point of halloween was fear and unease, not happiness? 

Unless of course they are Xtian godbothers celebrating All Hallows Eve (but I rather doubt that). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I often ask this. I thought the whole point of halloween was fear and unease, not happiness? 

Unless of course they are Xtian godbothers celebrating All Hallows Eve (but I rather doubt that). 

Samhain was a celebration of the dead. It was ancestor "worship". But nowadays, the Christians have ruined it (because only they can talk about death with authority), so it's all about the sugar and don't think about it too much.

• Like 1

I do feel sorry for those of you living in places where you’re still crushed by the authoritarian Christian overlords.

We don’t even have to go to church over here if we don’t feel like it. 

We certainly don’t have to get forced diabetes because of some diocean decree from the local cathedral.

It must be like living on the set of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves in some places. 

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I do feel sorry for those of you living in places where you’re still crushed by the authoritarian Christian overlords.

We don’t even have to go to church over here if we don’t feel like it. 

We certainly don’t have to get forced diabetes because of some diocean decree from the local cathedral.

It must be like living on the set of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves in some places. 

I guess you aren't aware of the horrors that organised religion propagates all over the world, propped up by the huge number of moderate believers who think "this couldn't be our religion, our religion is only good". Pointing out the little things is as important as the big things.

However,, this one was a biggy. This was the Catholics suppressing the Celtic peoples and their traditions.

As it happened in the past and doesn't directly impact daily life probably makes it acceptable. There's no way religions would do anything like that now.

Insert "everything is fine" meme.

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I guess you aren't aware of the horrors that organised religion propagates all over the world, propped up by the huge number of moderate believers who think "this couldn't be our religion, our religion is only good". Pointing out the little things is as important as the big things.

However,, this one was a biggy. This was the Catholics suppressing the Celtic peoples and their traditions.

As it happened in the past and doesn't directly impact daily life probably makes it acceptable. There's no way religions would do anything like that now.

Insert "everything is fine" meme.

I genuinely think you can celebrate your version of Halloween however you want to these days.

I’ll watch out for you, if I find the Christians have drowned you or burnt you, I’ll kick up a right fuss.

They really really can’t force you to eat sweets anymore. If that Justin Welby has told you otherwise, he’s wrong.

• Confused 1

It’s not confusing, I’ve just checked and it’s 2021, so it’s a real stretch to blame the Normans for the way you feel forced to celebrate Samhain. I mean, not least because it’s been a few hundred years since the reformation, so the Pope really isn’t stopping you celebrating however you want to.

I would also strongly suggest it’s Mendelez and other consumer capitalist organisations that are forcing sweets on you, not the Church of England.

I mean, I could be wrong, but perhaps we’d have to take it over to the conspiracy theory thread. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That Red Leicester flavour Mini Cheddars aren't called Mini Red Leicesters.

When I Wor A Lad at primary school (1960s) were allowed to buy playtime snacks, including cheese biscuits called 'Cheesnax'. They were exactly the same thing as the modern Mini Cheddars. 

So I think they should be called Cheesnax.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Happy Halloween everyone... including any Christian fundamentalists :D 

Just back from taking the little ones to a few of the neighbours and up to the in laws.
Didnt watch a second of the game, not sure if that’s a good thing or not as it could be quite a pivotal game in the history of the club..

• Like 1

Â