Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I think I may have mentioned this in here before, but one marked difference I noticed in standards between Ireland and England is the terrible general condition of your toilets.

Worst smell I've ever encountered in a toilet. McCanns Bar, 117 James St, Dublin. The closest pub to the Guinness Brewery. (It was opposite the NRC Taxi office that I was working in when we met up for a pint)

It is also one of the best pints of Guinness I've ever had (including in the Brewery itself)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

But there is something sexy about Rachel Khoo isn't there 

Something? Everything.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Something? Everything.

Well I've never seen her before just now, need to find out if she's ever flashed the cleavage, as it looks pretty expansive and tasty ;)

• Haha 1

Looking at charlatans tickets at O2 in November.....then i noticed that gemma collins is also holding a "gig" there the month before.....wtf ?!?!? What is she gonna be doing ? Eating cake on stage ? Talking about towie ??! 

The mad thing is the prices are the same for the charlatans....£40....honest to God, if i find out any VTers plan to see that moose then i will block them !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Finally we can go and see concerts again. It's been too long. Been eyeing up Gemma Collins' live show since the lockdown started, anyone else going?

Tickets bought. Just want to get back in a venue and help the night time economy. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Possibly the weirdest/funniest thing was when a suction cup dildo was found stuck on the toilet seat! Someone had brought that to work, probably used it and then gone back to their desk after managing to forget what they’d just done. 

That's a tale I'd pass down to the grandchildren and hope they do the same in 60 years time. Legendary.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Tickets bought. Just want to get back in a venue and help the night time economy. 

The only night time economy Gemma Collins is helping is the hot dog stand.

• Haha 3

FWIW my experience of cleaning the bogs at a language school is that men and women are about equally messy, but the forms of women's messiness (essentially, leaving blood or bloody things in inappropriate places) is different and maybe a bit squickier. In the men's it's 'just' a toilet seat covered in piss, and a lake of piss around the front of the toilet.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

menstrual blood on the seat/floor

Also the name of my hitherto unpublished anthology of short stories and haiku poetry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It is also one of the best pints of Guinness I've ever had 

tenor.gif?itemid=20352978

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

menstrual blood on the seat/floor

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Also the name of my hitherto unpublished anthology of short stories and haiku poetry. 

Also sounds like the name of a band who would be incredibly popular on VT.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Have you been in an Egyptian toilet after paying the guy outside £1 Egyptian for a single square of loo roll   and this was in the old Cairo museum   

have to keep the bottom of your trousers up so they dont get wet and  hover over the missing the seat 

I shat in his lap. That'll teach him, the rip off merchant. 

• Haha 2

One of my strongest memories of Cairo was seeing a large ancient looking wooden cart being pushed through the streets covered in raw chicken (I think) meat in direct sunlight at about 35 degrees c. 

It's not a country you ever want to be going to the toilet with a single sheet of toilet paper. 

Incidentally anything you buy from a street urchin In Egypt costs 1.

1 dollar / 1 Euro / 1 Pound. They really don't deal in exchange rates. 

This was a few years ago now mind.  Maybe everything costs 2 now. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of my strongest memories of Cairo was seeing a large ancient looking wooden cart being pushed through the streets covered in raw chicken (I think) meat in direct sunlight at about 35 degrees c. 

It's not a country you ever want to be going to the toilet with a single sheet of toilet paper. 

Incidentally anything you buy from a street urchin In Egypt costs 1.

1 dollar / 1 Euro / 1 Pound. They really don't deal in exchange rates. 

This was a few years ago now mind.  Maybe everything costs 2 now. 

I've been in Cairo a couple of times, once in July.

It was so hot I nearly passed out. You could literally fry an egg on the floor. Can't remember the exact temp, but it was well into the 40's

The second time was October and it was still stifling! 

• Like 1

Â