Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, Genie said:

Did you pay on credit card? If so you’ll be able to get refund via that route.

I paid by Debit card, I contacted the bank and they said they would take the case on if I sent them back (I had already thrown them away in disgust) TBH I had left it so long believing I would be able to exchange the item that I put it down to a lesson learnt 

On 03/05/2021 at 14:21, chrisp65 said:

I was diagnosed with explosive HSA.

Essentially, at the moment of orgasm during sex (never due to a tug), it’s like someone has hit you across the back of the head with a piece of four by two. Absolute instant all consuming pain, quite literally like being hit across the back of the head. Like a painful blackout.

My doctor was over joyed when I rocked up with that complaint! One of her colleagues was in the middle of writing a paper on it, so I ended up with loads of attention for a few months. They started off giving me migraine medicine to take before sex, then I had to report back how strong an orgasm versus how bad a migraine / headache. Over a couple of months we sussed what caused what and how to fix it.

Basically, no more quicky bang bangs, more time, more nearly getting there and backing off.

Doctor got her guinea pig for her paper, my brain stopped exploding, in fact, I don’t think anyone was disappointed with the end result!

my mate had the same thing. Had a new girlfriend (now his wife) never had a problem before, he had to have treatment too 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

my mate had the same thing. Had a new girlfriend (now his wife) never had a problem before, he had to have treatment too 

I thought it was called a donkey punch

On 11/05/2021 at 13:56, HanoiVillan said:

Do you lot all hate everyone you work with or something?

I quite like my colleagues, it's not a chore to talk to them.

I work night shift and most of them cant communicate any way 

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

ive cooked her a few veggie meals , not had the urge to taste any of them , but she reckons they are “ok” the veggie imitation meat looking stuff is bloody expensive though , it’s cheaper to eat the real thing !!

Yep, we have to stop subsidising meat production.

• Like 4

Just as the “look at me sat in the pub garden” posts have passed we’re into a more deadly second wave of “look at me inside the pub” social media posts.

NOBODY **** CARES

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just as the “look at me sat in the pub garden” posts have passed we’re into a more deadly second wave of “look at me inside the pub” social media posts.

NOBODY **** CARES

Don't mind it too much cos mine seem to be look at the refurb posts

Seems like some pubs used the time well

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

NOBODY **** CARES

My sister texted me a photo of a Wetherspoons breakfast menu this morning. "Guess where I am?".  I was trying to get my head into work! 

People who try and reduce everyone they know to a handful of key facts, and then that's how they always introduce them or discuss them. I've noticed this a lot in offices, but some people are like this in normal life as well. I can't really explain why it makes my skin crawl so much, but it does.

1 hour ago, trekka said:

My sister texted me a photo of a Wetherspoons breakfast menu this morning. "Guess where I am?".  I was trying to get my head into work! 

"You've already forgiven the word removed who sacked all his staff?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah, our local used the time to refurb, and decide they didn't want a bunch of old codgers like me drinking in there any more (see the Quiz Thread). I am well pissed off. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I bet they left the toilets alone though. 

Never fails to amaze me when some pub/restaurant has a major refit spending billions on front of house, then you walk into the same shitty toilet with a seat missing and the door hanging off. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

People who try and reduce everyone they know to a handful of key facts, and then that's how they always introduce them or discuss them. I've noticed this a lot in offices, but some people are like this in normal life as well. I can't really explain why it makes my skin crawl so much, but it does.

Thanks Villa fan, from Kent, who likes Tom Hanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I bet they left the toilets alone though. 

Never fails to amaze me when some pub/restaurant has a major refit spending billions on front of house, then you walk into the same shitty toilet with a seat missing and the door hanging off. 

This was me a few years back. In the Derbyshire countryside (Belper way from memory) with a mate and we were having some snap before going to a non league game at Alfreton.

Big country pub, plush inside - very 'gastro' pub style. 

I was dying for a tom tit. Went to the bogs, there were two traps

1) No seat, no bog roll, wet floor, but it did have a locking door

2) Seat, bog roll, dry floor, but no door connected to the hinges. It was propped up against the frame. 

I went with option 2. 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

This was me a few years back. In the Derbyshire countryside (Belper way from memory) with a mate and we were having some snap before going to a non league game at Alfreton.

Big country pub, plush inside - very 'gastro' pub style. 

I was dying for a tom tit. Went to the bogs, there were two traps

1) No seat, no bog roll, wet floor, but it did have a locking door

2) Seat, bog roll, dry floor, but no door connected to the hinges. It was propped up against the frame. 

I went with option 2. 

I'm embarrassed about the state of UK toilets most of the time. 

They are always worse than most other countries except for France. 

Edited by sidcow

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

BBC keeping tinkering with Great British Menu, used to enjoy it a lot but for format tinkering and Andi bloody Oliver just doesn't work.

Completely agree, used to be a great show and it's launched the careers of some very good chefs*, changing the judges was never going to help but butchering the format every year doesn't help either 

* Akhtar got another Michelin star, both opheem and his Argentinian steakhouse have one now, one of seven argie steak houses in the world with a star

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree, used to be a great show and it's launched the careers of some very good chefs*, changing the judges was never going to help but butchering the format every year doesn't help either 

* Akhtar got another Michelin star, both opheem and his Argentinian steakhouse have one now, one of seven argie steak houses in the world with a star

Akhtar is a star, that's brilliant news. The chefs and the dishes are the stars and I wish they would just focus on that.

Â