Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

I bet they left the toilets alone though. 

Never fails to amaze me when some pub/restaurant has a major refit spending billions on front of house, then you walk into the same shitty toilet with a seat missing and the door hanging off. 

I think I may have mentioned this in here before, but one marked difference I noticed in standards between Ireland and England is the terrible general condition of your toilets. It's like your pubs don't care that you will need to go to the toilet at some point. Once you go through the door it's the land that time forgot. I'm not saying nice bogs don't exist, but the amount of absolutely terrible ones I've encountered over there - and bog roll is an absolute luxury too. It's surprising given that your standards are often higher than ours for many things. But certainly not your loos.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I think I may have mentioned this in here before, but one marked difference I noticed in standards between Ireland and England is the terrible general condition of your toilets. It's like your pubs don't care that you will need to go to the toilet at some point. Once you go through the door it's the land that time forgot. I'm not saying nice bogs don't exist, but the amount of absolutely terrible ones I've encountered over there - and bog roll is an absolute luxury too. It's surprising given that your standards are often higher than ours for many things. But certainly not your loos.

It is a national disgrace I agree. 

Incidentally, when I worked at McDonalds at times I had to clean both the men's and the women's toilets. 

Without any doubt whatsoever the women's toilets were ALWAYS in a significantly worse state than the men's.  I mean 300% worse, everytime. 

Women have serious toilet abuse problems. I don't know what's wrong with them.

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Incidentally, when I worked at McDonalds at times I had to clean both the men's and the women's toilets. 

Without any doubt whatsoever the women's toilets were ALWAYS in a significantly worse state than the men's.  I mean 300% worse, everytime. 

I think because they need to sit, and they don't want to sit where 100 other women have sat, they end up hovering while aiming the worst garden hose in the world. Cue pissy everything.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think because they need to sit, and they don't want to sit where 100 other women have sat, they end up hovering while aiming the worst garden hose in the world. Cue pissy everything.

They also seem to have a habit of hovering completely to the left of right of the seat whilst taking a shit too! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They also seem to have a habit of hovering completely to the left of right of the seat whilst taking a shit too! 

a36.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I’ve read this type of thing many times, women’s toilets being in a right state

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I’ve said it before on here but my office has an ongoing problem with the women’s toilets. They’ve actually had to have meetings with just the women in the building to explain what is acceptable in the toilet and what isn’t. 

They’ve also had to write a procedure that’s put in the toilets. It’s apparently a **** disgrace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve said it before on here but my office has an ongoing problem with the women’s toilets. They’ve actually had to have meetings with just the women in the building to explain what is acceptable in the toilet and what isn’t. 

They’ve also had to write a procedure that’s put in the toilets. It’s apparently a **** disgrace

Yes, I've heard some of the women in our place being fairly incredulous about the state the toilets at our place have been left in at times. 

46 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Care to give an example of what those dirty animals get up to in trap 1, 2 or 3?

As far as I know the main complaints are

• bogeys on the walls of the cubicles
  • shit on the seat/floor
  • menstrual blood on the seat/floor
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Hourly updates about what some Brit in Portugal is up to at the moment. 

OK, they are there, I get it, whoopey doo.  I don't need to see their video diary though. 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm embarrassed about the state of UK toilets most of the time. 

They are always worse than most other countries except for France. 

Have you been in an Egyptian toilet after paying the guy outside £1 Egyptian for a single square of loo roll   and this was in the old Cairo museum   

have to keep the bottom of your trousers up so they dont get wet and  hover over the missing the seat 

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

BBC keeping tinkering with Great British Menu, used to enjoy it a lot but for format tinkering and Andi bloody Oliver just doesn't work.

But there is something sexy about Rachel Khoo isn't there 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Have you been in an Egyptian toilet after paying the guy outside £1 Egyptian for a single square of loo roll   and this was in the old Cairo museum   

have to keep the bottom of your trousers up so they dont get wet and  hover over the missing the seat 

I have been in the very same toilet.  I don't recall it being a state at the time.  The Kykkos Monastery in Cyprus however I didnt even get through the door and found a bush outside the monastery.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As far as I know the main complaints are

• bogeys on the walls of the cubicles
  • shit on the seat/floor
  • menstrual blood on the seat/floor

Disgustingly, it seems this is a common occurrence with female toilets. In my last job I used to be good mates with the facilities manager, some of things he described finding in the ladies lavs were unbelievable. In addition to your three points above, you can add blood smeared on the mirror and shit smeared on the back of the door. 

Possibly the weirdest/funniest thing was when a suction cup dildo was found stuck on the toilet seat! Someone had brought that to work, probably used it and then gone back to their desk after managing to forget what they’d just done. 

And women have the cheek to call us strange. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

But there is something sexy about Rachel Khoo isn't there 

had to Mooney.

9/10 WB ;)

Â