Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Fair play. I don’t think I could put the effort into being a craft beer rocket polisher and an anything else rocket polisher as well!

Fortunately they're fairly mutually exclusive in terms of timing. My love of coffee is the thing stopping me necking imperial stouts with my breakfast ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fortunately they're fairly mutually exclusive in terms of timing. My love of coffee is the thing stopping me necking imperial stouts with my breakfast ;) 

Boundary-Soteriology-Imperial-Coffee-Sto

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s all about the Aeropress. It’s a cheapish miracle. 

The filters are far from cheap though. It's funny in Oslo now. It's been sold out for a while cause the shipment of filters are apparently on that ship that was held back in the Suez canal. Evergreen or whatever it was called.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think my mom has shares in the place, she'll say that it's just a thing her and her fella do 3 or 4 times a week to get out of the house 

I think for a lot of people, its just that. An excuse to get out the house for an hour... meet friends, relatives or even just sit on your own for a bit for a change of scenery. Whether is a costa, or starbucks, or nero, is almost secondary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Women and hair.

It's bloody everywhere.

As someone who hasn't had a haircut in 16 months, I can imagine what its like. I'm sick of cleaning up after myself. Cream carpets and long dark hair (with a bushy beard) don't mix! 

I'm moulting more than a sheepdog. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think for a lot of people, its just that. An excuse to get out the house for an hour... meet friends, relatives or even just sit on your own for a bit for a change of scenery. Whether is a costa, or starbucks, or nero, is almost secondary. 

Yeah that's how they see it 

My wife thinks it's crazy that I'm 36,in a lads group of around 15 of us and in my life I've been to a coffee shop with 1 of them once and that was only cos we were both working in Warwick that day, he has a company credit card and he told his boss I was a client 

The pub on the other hand... 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

As someone who hasn't had a haircut in 16 months, I can imagine what its like. I'm sick of cleaning up after myself. Cream carpets and long dark hair (with a bushy beard) don't mix! 

I'm moulting more than a sheepdog. 

_44204343_lenny203.jpg

• Like 1

End of season. I bloody hate it. At least we have The Euros for a bit of a distraction. 

Desperately looking for transfer links. Life is just so much duller.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

End of season. I bloody hate it. At least we have The Euros for a bit of a distraction. 

Surely the FA Cup final is next week? :trollface:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hasn't sunk in yet for me. I'm still poring over the season. Yesterday was amazing though. First the (slightly dull...) Monaco Grand Prix almost immediately into 10 simultaneous games. Absolute heaven and a Villa win :)  I think I will bother with the Euros though. It'll pass the time. Fingers crossed for some decent Villa representation in the Engerland squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Until the ESL teams are punished. **** the euros.

I'm no fan of International football personally because I find it dull but this seems like an odd decision

UEFA so far have reacted exactly as expected in relation to the ESL and the three teams (Real, Barca & Juve) that didn't apologise and refuse to say the project is over are going to be punished. The punishment just hasn't been decided yet

In fact the Euro's are a demonstration of what might have been affected if the ESL had gone ahead because you can almost guarantee that the ESL clubs would have refused to let release their players at least some of the time

It just seems odd to me that your reaction to the ESL, is to boycott something they aren't in, run by the organisation they were trying to replace. It's a bit like boycotting rice because potatoes are evil

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'll boycott anything that involves UEFA. It was and is their job to maintain order.

But that's exactly what they've done. The nine have have been punished financially, which in most cases appears to be being paid by the owners not the clubs themselves. The three are awaiting their more severe punishment

Boycott it by all means, I probably won't be watching it either but mainly because I'll be more than likely doing my hair or something

8 hours ago, bickster said:

But that's exactly what they've done. The nine have have been punished financially, which in most cases appears to be being paid by the owners not the clubs themselves. The three are awaiting their more severe punishment

Boycott it by all means, I probably won't be watching it either but mainly because I'll be more than likely doing my hair or something

It's pretty clear here that I don't think so? 

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was out the house on Sunday morning and Mrs P cleaned and tidied the house as her friends were coming round in the afternoon.

Monday;

Me: "Do you know where the notepad is that I use for work?"

Her: "It should be in the pile of paperwork in that drawer"

Me: "It's not"

Her: "Oh. I don't know then."

A few minutes later;

Me: "Where have you put my laptop charger?"

Her: "It's in that box, under the table, with your earphones"

Me: "Neither are in that box"

Her: "I don't know then"

Later on;

Me: "Do you know where my slippers are?"

Her: "I think I put them under that chair"

Me: "They're not there"

Her: "Hmm, I don't know then."

That evening;

Me: "Where are my..." - well you get the picture.

She must tidy the house like the Tasmanian Devil with Alzheimer's. 

Yeah sounds familiar.

Obviously you can't be annoyed at them tidying. My OH keeps the place tidier than I do. But I'd still like to know where stuff is.

If I did the washing up and put everything in random places she wouldn't be happy!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was out the house on Sunday morning and Mrs P cleaned and tidied the house as her friends were coming round in the afternoon.

Monday;

Me: "Do you know where the notepad is that I use for work?"

Her: "It should be in the pile of paperwork in that drawer"

Me: "It's not"

Her: "Oh. I don't know then."

A few minutes later;

Me: "Where have you put my laptop charger?"

Her: "It's in that box, under the table, with your earphones"

Me: "Neither are in that box"

Her: "I don't know then"

Later on;

Me: "Do you know where my slippers are?"

Her: "I think I put them under that chair"

Me: "They're not there"

Her: "Hmm, I don't know then."

That evening;

Me: "Where are my..." - well you get the picture.

She must tidy the house like the Tasmanian Devil with Alzheimer's. 

Well if you put things away properly she wouldn’t need to put them away and forget where they are, it’s your fault they’ve gone missing (if you didn’t already know).

• Haha 1

Â