Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

The one's Chris is talking about looked like this

watneys-party-seven-draught-bitter_1_ef5

Today they look like this

010123%20GHOST%20SHIP%20MINI%20KEG%20WEB

No snowflake poncy opening systems with the Watneys, a Screwdriver or maybe nails and a hammer and a spare clean shirt BOSH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

No snowflake poncy opening systems with the Watneys, a Screwdriver or maybe nails and a hammer and a spare clean shirt BOSH

And if the can wasn't slightly rusty you took it back as faulty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Very few of our customers were maths geniuses.

The other one, if stock dates were looming, a neon orange star with ‘offer!’ Or ‘look!’ Or ‘sale!’ Written on it. No discount, just a sticky star.

Also, pricing party cans (remember them?) higher than the equivalent number of standard cans.

Oh, and stock takes to make sure the shop lifting percentage didn’t drop, we were allowed something like 3  or 4% ‘shrinkage’ so we would stock take to make sure we’d hit 4%. Sometimes it was only 2% so you had to take stuff home.

It was a bit of an education working there.

One of the big Supermarkets (Tesco I think) got into trouble for putting yellow price labels (usually reserved for promo pricing) next to many products at normal price because people would just buy it without looking assuming it was a deal.

Their excuse was they’d run out of white labels but it was a national marketing scam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of the big Supermarkets (Tesco I think) got into trouble for putting yellow price labels (usually reserved for promo pricing) next to many products at normal price because people would just buy it without looking assuming it was a deal.

Their excuse was they’d run out of white labels but it was a national marketing scam.

Sales in Currys:

£79.99 reduced from £200

(was £200 in our Dunfermline branch on a wet Tuesday back in June)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

1246789707_WhatsAppImage2020-11-26at18_34_04.thumb.jpeg.c2ba428fe5336562d24cfcc5a646640c.jpeg

No idea if it's true, but I read that this is intentional to fool people, but not in the way you think.

It encourages people to buy more of the individual stuff because they think they're getting one over on the seller. They see 3 for 10 and so buy more individual to get the bargain, but all they've done is buy more than they would have done anyway.

People that put empty things cartons, jars bottles etc... back in the cupboard/fridge, because they’re too lazy to go outside to the recycling bin. Even though I’ve moved it to the back door, literally less than ten steps away. Then when questioned they say “oh I didn’t realise it was empty”. My 18yr old stepson has now taken to leaving the tiniest dregs in the bottom so he can claim it’s not empty, and therefore not his responsibility. 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Morrisons do it all the time. Random example: a twin pack of chocolate digestives costs more than two individual packs. Their get out is probably that the 'price per biscuit' is labelled on the shelf. Which it is - but in very small print, and many shoppers won't look at it. I always do. 

• Like 1

People that put empty things cartons, jars bottles etc... back in the cupboard/fridge, because they’re too lazy to go outside to the recycling bin. Even though I’ve moved it to the back door, literally less than ten steps away. Then when questioned they say “oh I didn’t realise it was empty”. My 18yr old stepson has now taken to leaving the tiniest dregs in the bottom so he can claim it’s not empty, and therefore not his responsibility. 

• Like 2

Post Office Handling Fees. 

Have to pay £3.80 VAT on an item (not 100% sure what it is but suspect it is a T-Shirt), which I don't mind too much. However how can they justify an £8.00 handling fee?!

F*** off. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I hear you brother !! mine do just the same 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Post Office Handling Fees. 

Have to pay £3.80 VAT on an item (not 100% sure what it is but suspect it is a T-Shirt), which I don't mind too much. However how can they justify an £8.00 handling fee?!

F*** off. 

I have little problem paying the tax, but the £8 is extortionate. I assume we can look forward to paying this for items from the EU in the coming weeks, too. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I assume we can look forward to paying this for items from the EU in the coming weeks, too. 

angry computer GIF

Not only that, but because the payment system for the post office is so rubbish, it has only gone and tried to take payment twice through Paypal. Luckily, 1 remains "pending" so might not end up taking it, but it has caused me unnecessary anger. 

Just now, cyrusr said:

angry computer GIF

Not only that, but because the payment system for the post office is so rubbish, it has only gone and tried to take payment twice through Paypal. Luckily, 1 remains "pending" so might not end up taking it, but it has caused me unnecessary anger. 

Thats more than likely PayPal and not the Post Office. It happens with our drivers on PayPal Here all the time. PayPal call it a Shadow Payment, nearly every time it happens it does get refunded in a couple of days. Huge pain in the arse though, it's one of the reasons we've encouraged drivers to move over to SumUp for their card payment solutions

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Thats more than likely PayPal and not the Post Office. It happens with our drivers on PayPal Here all the time. PayPal call it a Shadow Payment, nearly every time it happens it does get refunded in a couple of days. Huge pain in the arse though, it's one of the reasons we've encouraged drivers to move over to SumUp for their card payment solutions

Thanks. Presumed it was the post office as tried using the card directly and the payment page kept failing to load. Right farce either way. 

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Bad luck mate. 

Can't you claim on your insurance? Or is your excess high?

I only started driving again in October after a hiatus of a few years and I felt my excess is a bit high but the bill of £2700 for the repair work put it into perspective.  I'm generally doing late baker shifts at the moment so I'm going to have to change my route home as deers are **** everywhere round here it seems.  I'm half thinking of buying myself a hunting rifle for Christmas.

Â