Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It should not be that hard to say your address into a phone

House number, Street, Suburb in that sodding order

It is not suburb, House number, Street or Street Suburb House number or any other combo of the three required elements

Also a machine does not give a flying f*** for your poiliteness so people could stop saying please and thank-you or Can I have a Taxi, the machine knows you want a taxi because you've already told us that by phoning up in the first place

My boss obviously wants the failure rate to come down, I've already dropped it from over 60% to nearly 40%. He asked me what would make the biggest difference now. I told him improved education for the masses

There are a couple of roads in Liverpool that have been pedestrianised to allow restaurants and cafes to go continental and have outside areas, doesn't stop people trying to order cabs for the middle of that street. These people are most likely sat in the f***ing road

There's a local landmark in Liverpool called the Bombed Out Church and it's a popular request but we haven't sent cabs directly to there for over a decade after a request by the Police / Council. We send them to RIcher Sounds, Which is literally right next to it but the cars pull up in the side street so as not to block the bus stop and the road. They request it for the BOC and the machine repeats back to them Richer Sounds, they decline and speak to an operator, who then tells them we pick up at Richer Sonds for that location and they book. Did they learn from this experience? Did they hell, they do exactly the same thing next week or even the next night.

People are stupid, Grrrrr

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is not suburb, House number, Street or Street Suburb House number or any other combo of the three required elements

Also a machine does not give a flying f*** for your poiliteness so people could stop saying please and thank-you or Can I have a Taxi, the machine knows you want a taxi because you've already told us that by phoning up in the first place

My boss obviously wants the failure rate to come down, I've already dropped it from over 60% to nearly 40%. He asked me what would make the biggest difference now. I told him improved education for the masses

There are a couple of roads in Liverpool that have been pedestrianised to allow restaurants and cafes to go continental and have outside areas, doesn't stop people trying to order cabs for the middle of that street. These people are most likely sat in the f***ing road

There's a local landmark in Liverpool called the Bombed Out Church and it's a popular request but we haven't sent cabs directly to there for over a decade after a request by the Police / Council. We send them to RIcher Sounds, Which is literally right next to it but the cars pull up in the side street so as not to block the bus stop and the road. They request it for the BOC and the machine repeats back to them Richer Sounds, they decline and speak to an operator, who then tells them we pick up at Richer Sonds for that location and they book. Did they learn from this experience? Did they hell, they do exactly the same thing next week or even the next night.

what3words.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Its not going to solve the BOC / Richer sounds problem. It’ll compound it.

I tend to agree. However I may have come up with a solution for that problem, it may take a few hundredths of a percentage point off the failure rate... we'll see tonight I guess

Three little words actually seems too specific and I'm struggling with people that can't say an actual address in the correct order or order for obviously innaccessible places. These people can't even pronounce Parthenon correctly or even Malvern. Hell Towcester is real challenge

And don't get me started on Voice Recognition, Scousers and Welsh words. Between Google and Scousers, Llanwrst might as well be pronounced washing machine

4 hours ago, bickster said:

You need to engineer your system to work with people, rather than get people to work with your system.

If you make that switch then you’ll be less stressed about people not getting it.

• Thanks 1

Taking the wife's car for it's first service.

Yeah, I know it's only once every two years now but nearly £250 for an oil change and some checks.

Robbery!

I'm pretty busy today, working from home.

My cat keeps walking over my keyboard, nudging my hand and moving the mouse, dribbling on arm, meowing in my face and sticking his head in my mug and drinking my tea.

I can hear my baby boy in the next room crying his eyes out, my wife's trying to calm him down.

Next door are having an extension and the banging is so loud my house is vibrating.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather be back in the office listening to Karen talk about her blind date on the weekend.

On 21/08/2020 at 17:55, Xela said:

The indication from our office is that its unlikely we'll be back this side of Christmas

I'm not sure I want to go back! Got into a nice routine working from home now. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather be back in the office listening to Karen talk about her blind date on the weekend.

I think we will keep this nice and safe for a few weeks after you go back.

I expect the blind dates to dry up for someone called "Karen" though.

Also,  can a "Karen" have a blind date ? These are the people who say "Don't you know who I am" a lot ?

• Haha 1

On 22/08/2020 at 20:46, lapal_fan said:

Soccer AM has influenced people to such a degree, I absolutely hate anything to do with football, outside of football.

Bantz innit.

If someone does something good, cover your mouth, open your eyes and scream "OooooooooooOooOoOoohhhhhhhh!!"

Calling the top corners of goals "top bins", calling skills "tekkers".

I just hope they all **** off and die.

Its an oldie but this always makes me laugh. WSC review of Tim Lovejoy's book

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Chopped into “chapters” that barely fill a page, in a font size usually associated with books for the partially sighted, Lovejoy on Football is part autobiography, part witless musing, and one more triumph for the crass stupidity rapidly replacing culture in this country. Hopelessly banal and nauseatingly self-assured, smirkingly unfunny, it’s a £300 T-shirt, a piss-you-off ringtone, a YouTube clip of someone drinking their mate’s vomit. Its smugness is a corollary of its vacuity. I hope it makes you sick.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It will probably not surprise you that Mad Mel has got a column out of it:

Non-British readers might be baffled to discover that this woman, writing in the nation's oldest and most establishment newspaper - our equivalent of The New York Times - was approvingly cited by Anders Breivik in his manifesto, and yet here she still is.

Â