Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

JustEat means I can order takeaway from a place I would usually order from anyway and not have to speak to anyone to do it. 

Lovely. 

But you have to speak to the delivery person. And I never know the etiquette about whether you're supposed to tip them or not. A far worse social horror than going into the shop. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

But you have to speak to the delivery person. And I never know the etiquette about whether you're supposed to tip them or not. A far worse social horror than going into the shop. 

I don’t tip them, because there is a delivery charge. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You don’t really. A hello maybe. 

I don’t tip them just because I never have any cash on me. When I used to pay takeaways with cash I would tip. 
They never seem to expect a tip to be honest
With Uber eats, the rare times I’ve used it, I do as you can do it via the app

Edited by Stevo985

Nah. I enjoy a drive to the chippy while the wife butters the bread and puts the kettle on. And we almost never eat takeaway curries, Chinese or pizza anyway. 

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

JustEat means I can order takeaway from a place I would usually order from anyway and not have to speak to anyone to do it. 

Lovely. 

Dominos online ordering system. A godsend for the one or two times I use it a year. Used to hate ringing up and ordering as they'd inevitably **** the order up. 

I always tip the delivery guy. Usually a coupe of quid. They seem surprised and grateful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don’t think we ever have to tip in this country as we get service charges. Different in other countries I guess. I’ll never forget the look of disgust from a barber in Canada when I gave him a 20 for a 16 dollar haircut and waited for the change.

I just didn’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

NOW TV app on my iPad doesn't work anymore. As my IPad is years old, it can't go higher than a certain IOS version and that is not supported by NOW TV anymore

Both subscriptions (Entertainment and Movies) cancelled. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

NOW TV app on my iPad doesn't work anymore. As my IPad is years old, it can't go higher than a certain IOS version and that is not supported by NOW TV anymore

Both subscriptions (Entertainment and Movies) cancelled. 

You were told not to indulge in the apple, but you did, welcome to hell my friend.

$1000's of dollars every year on "upgrades" that will only be out phased by a design feature that's main function is to empty your bank account. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

You were told not to indulge in the apple, but you did, welcome to hell my friend.

$1000's of dollars every year on "upgrades" that will only be out phased by a design feature that's main function is to empty your bank account. 

Its an iPad 4th gen so came out in 2012. I got mine around summer 2013, so i've had a decent run of 7 years and I use it on a near daily basis. 

NOW TV is the first major steaming app to stop working. Others (Netflix, Britbox, Spotify) still work but I wonder for how much longer. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Its an iPad 4th gen so came out in 2012. I got mine around summer 2013, so i've had a decent run of 7 years and I use it on a near daily basis. 

NOW TV is the first major steaming app to stop working. Others (Netflix, Britbox, Spotify) still work but I wonder for how much longer. 

I was going to insert a note to say I was only trying to be funny, but I think I fell short of the mark there. I have never purchased an apple product so have no idea what they're like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

I was going to insert a note to say I was only trying to be funny, but I think I fell short of the mark there. I have never purchased an apple product so have no idea what they're like.

To be fair you're not far off, my iPad was the last Apple product I ever bought for the reasons you state.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

They do deserve criticism in certain circumstances but i've had 3 iPhones that have been kept 5 years, 3 years and current one is 4 years. My iPad has lasted 7 years and my MacBook Air is 2 or 3 years old and fresh as a daisy. They are expensive, albeit no more than most high end Android devices nowadays, but my experience with Apple has been generally positive. Good quality devices which have served me very well. I'm not baked into the Apple ecosystem as I don't use any of their services so could easily move. 

I do fancy the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet but the general consensus is that Apple is the king of tablets. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

They do deserve criticism in certain circumstances but i've had 3 iPhones that have been kept 5 years, 3 years and current one is 4 years. My iPad has lasted 7 years and my MacBook Air is 2 or 3 years old and fresh as a daisy. They are expensive, albeit no more than most high end Android devices nowadays, but my experience with Apple has been generally positive. Good quality devices which have served me very well. I'm not baked into the Apple ecosystem as I don't use any of their services so could easily move. 

I do fancy the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet but the general consensus is that Apple is the king of tablets. 

I had a Nokia 3310 (not really, but a brick nonetheless) up until March this year when Mum bought me a Samsung Galaxy A30 so you know I'm down with the technology. Call me Inspector Gadgets.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

On a Saturday! I'd be thinking of excuses! 

I would but I was the one who ended up having to book it.  It's at a fancy cocktail bar that my mate works in the kitchen at so I kind of got hoodwinked into organising it.  Also one of my older colleague's sons works with us and he is almost a selective mute, she asked me to meet up and look after him ffs.

Â