Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Listening to a new album from a band I love and really liking it on the first couple of listens.

Sounds dumb but it does kinda annoy me. Have the instant realisation "Within a week I'm going to be bored of this album". I much prefer albums that are slow burners and take about 15-20 listens to understand. They generally stick with me more. Finding new hooks on every listen. BRMC albums are brilliant for that.

This is absolutely true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Listening to a new album from a band I love and really liking it on the first couple of listens.

Sounds dumb but it does kinda annoy me. Have the instant realisation "Within a week I'm going to be bored of this album". I much prefer albums that are slow burners and take about 15-20 listens to understand. They generally stick with me more. Finding new hooks on every listen. BRMC albums are brilliant for that.

I had that very thought earlier this week!

Bought two albums, one is instantly listenable and just looping around the laptop constantly. The other one, I’ve played once and will have another listen on the weekend when I’ve got time to properly listen.

I just know the one on the laptop is about 10 plays in to a 15 play lifespan.

• Like 1

That's why I've spent so much time listening to arctic monkeys, apart from AM which instantly smashed it out of the park all the others have challenged me on the first listen

I find it results in me going back years later, constantly changing my mind as to which is the best album and rediscovering songs 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1597856737631.jpg

An old friend of mine shared some poor taste meme about Harvey Price. One of his fb “friends” took offence, screenshot it and sent it to his employer. He got the sack.

Just a thought for those people commenting on that story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

An old friend of mine shared some poor taste meme about Harvey Price. One of his fb “friends” took offence, screenshot it and sent it to his employer. He got the sack.

Just a thought for those people commenting on that story.

Poor show from everyone concerned there. 

• Like 3

Messy offices and desks.

I have been working at my current place of work since May 1st.  I have never see anything like it.

I am unsure if this is cultural thing (I think it might be actually) or just don't care.

The only space on their desks is Keyboard and mouse and that is it,  no space anywhere.

If for example,  someone left a cup in a training room 2 weeks ago,  I walk past everyday since then.  Still there.

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Messy offices and desks.

I have been working at my current place of work since May 1st.  I have never see anything like it.

I am unsure if this is cultural thing (I think it might be actually) or just don't care.

The only space on their desks is Keyboard and mouse and that is it,  no space anywhere.

If for example,  someone left a cup in a training room 2 weeks ago,  I walk past everyday since then.  Still there.

I didn’t even think many offices had re-opened and where they had the cleaning would be ramped up.

My office ( in Glasgow) was due to re-open mid-September at 25% capacity at a time.  No official word to the contrary yet from management but after Sturgeon's comments yesterday I can see that being shelved.

I'll be gutted, it was a glimmer of normality I was looking forward to getting back to even if it was only 1 week out of 4.

8 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

My office ( in Glasgow) was due to re-open mid-September at 25% capacity at a time.  No official word to the contrary yet from management but after Sturgeon's comments yesterday I can see that being shelved.

I'll be gutted, it was a glimmer of normality I was looking forward to getting back to even if it was only 1 week out of 4.

The indication from our office is that its unlikely we'll be back this side of Christmas

I'm not sure I want to go back! Got into a nice routine working from home now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm pushing for a BYOD policy on top of optional permanent home working. My work life balance has never been so good, and I'm more productive than ever.

I like to keep my work devices separate. I've got a Dell laptop and an iPhone 7 (i think). Like to turn them off when I log off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snowychap said:

Or someone who is going to Starbucks. :)

Mate, we were into the 6th hour of what should have been a 4 hour drive, and still had 2 hours ahead of us and it was the only thing open apart from KFC. I’d have drunk your armpit sweat at that point if it had caffeine in it!

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, snowychap said:
12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I will never in my life understand a woman’s mind.

Or someone who is going to Starbucks. :)

Agreed but like everyone else I noticed that there is a deeper subtext to the exchange,  I enjoyed the exploration of Stockholm Syndrome as a concept whilst on a never ending road trip where possible escape routes are thought about,  but never taken. 

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

Â