Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I'm the same with cash. Got about £300 on my desk thats been there for months. I ordered a few things off Amazon for my folks and paid on my card and they paid me back in cash. 

The notes will be defunct by the time the queue outside the local branch is gone!

21 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

On a similar note.... My window cleaner refusing any method of payment except cold hard cash. He makes no bones of it being undeclared earnings when I quizzed him.

Just pay him 70% of his rate and say you'll send the rest to HMRC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I had 5 grand in my wallet that I usually spend on golf games and groceries in the affluent area where I live

Only 5! You pauper 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

On a similar note.... My window cleaner refusing any method of payment except cold hard cash. He makes no bones of it being undeclared earnings when I quizzed him.

I must admit I was quite surprised when ours announced that he was perfectly happy to be paid by bank transfer. 

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Still 300 drivers refuse to get one

And now they really stand out.  I don't think they thought this through at all.

Over time, natural selection within the North West wilderness will mean 1 Taxi driver will be running cash only.  Probably call Barry.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why do you think that is? Is there an explanation for it that doesn't involve undeclared income?

1. Undeclared income (these people need to do some maths lessons, they need to take about £25-30k per annum before they'll have to pay any tax. I doubt these idiots even get close to that)

2. Technotardism or "I'm no good at computers"

3. The Rebel Spirit (They know we want them to, so thats the reason not to do it)

In no particular order

• Like 2

Just Eat.

Leadtime 1 hour, ok I’m cool with that. Place order.

Order accepted, however we’ve adjusted the time to 1hour 45 minutes. 😡

If they adjust the time there should be the option to accept/reject before the order is placed. 

• Like 3

Must say I've never used a fast food delivery service that wasn't run by the company that I was buying the food off

It's always seemed to me that throwing a middleman in just leads to extra nonsense and the small business at the other end is losing a percentage of their profit. But to be honest the times I even use such a service, even when it is the company themselves delivering can't be more than twice a year. I'm far more likely to order and go and pick it up myself

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Must say I've never used a fast food delivery service that wasn't run by the company that I was buying the food off

It's always seemed to me that throwing a middleman in just leads to extra nonsense and the small business at the other end is losing a percentage of their profit. But to be honest the times I even use such a service, even when it is the company themselves delivering can't be more than twice a year. I'm far more likely to order and go and pick it up myself

9 times out of 10 I collect as food doesn’t tend to travel that well so best to get it ASAP. I used JustEat in this instance as they’d sent through a 20% discount code which made it pretty good value.

As it turned out the delivery arrived when it originally said it would, 45 minutes earlier than the revised time they stated. 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

9 times out of 10 I collect as go od doesn’t tend to travel that well so best to get it ASAP. I used JustEat in this instance as they’d sent through a 20% discount code which made it pretty good value.

As it turned out the delivery arrived when it originally said it would, 45 minutes earlier than the revised time they stated. 

I also think if I'm there at the time they said it is ready, then if it isn't it's a little more pressure on them to sort my order out. Agree on the heat of the food thing

If I can't be arsed to cook, I definitely can't be arsed to go and drive to pick up the food. I only tend to get takeaway maybe every 2-3 months, but it's delivery when I do.

I don't see it as taking a share of the company's profits. They've decided it's better for business for them to outsource their delivery than it is for them to employ their own delivery drivers. They've opted in to this system. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

If I can't be arsed to cook, I definitely can't be arsed to go and drive to pick up the food. I only tend to get takeaway maybe every 2-3 months, but it's delivery when I do.

I don't see it as taking a share of the company's profits. They've decided it's better for business for them to outsource their delivery than it is for them to employ their own delivery drivers. They've opted in to this system. 

Depends, there was a chippy by our office, that delivered themselves and then joined just eats but still delivered themselves for their own orders. My conclusion was they signed up to just Eat to get extra business but they still did  their own deliveries themselves because it was more profitable for them. At no point were they telling us to use just eat to order, which they would if it made no difference. I guess. That was my logic anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

With JustEat it’s not even an outsourced delivery service, it’s just the convenience of ordering via an app. The food outlet is still arranging the delivery. (I think Ubereats is different). It’s just the convenience of it really. If I tend to have the same things from the Chinese or Indian I open the app, previous orders, order again, confirm, all in about 30 seconds. 

• Like 2

Ooh, didn't know that, I've not used Just Eats before. I do tend to go direct to some specific take aways that I know deliver because supporting Deliveroo or any of the other gig economy bastards just makes me feel a bit grubby. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

With JustEat it’s not even an outsourced delivery service, it’s just the convenience of ordering via an app. The food outlet is still arranging the delivery. (I think Ubereats is different). It’s just the convenience of it really. If I tend to have the same things from the Chinese or Indian I open the app, previous orders, order again, confirm, all in about 30 seconds. 

There's definitely some Just Eats drivers that pick up from multiple places. Employed by Just Eats, they are advertising all the time

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's definitely some Just Eats drivers that pick up from multiple places. Employed by Just Eats, they are advertising all the time

I didn’t know that, I don’t use it that much and only use 2 or 3 places and they tend to do their own deliveries.

Â