Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, Xela said:

Whats your internet connection like? If decent, just get NOW TV. All the Sky channels and catchup on there. 

Not as fancy as a Sky Q mind, but an option?

I’ve still got 2 old sky box’s as sky were happy to install the old  sky dish to the chimney 20 years ago.  I’ve since even changed the dish so I can’t complain to much as still got sky. Q would have been nice though.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve still got 2 old sky box’s as sky were happy to install the old  sky dish to the chimney 20 years ago.  I’ve since even changed the dish so I can’t complain to much as still got sky. Q would have been nice though.

as an old mate of mine once sang...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, snowychap said:

You were pretty specific in stating that life is brilliant and not shit. That's a pretty comprehensive statement and it was that to which I replied.

You misunderstand. I meant that you weren't taking in to account that there were people with other points of view - as I explained in the previous post when I said:

It is very sad but for some people it absolutely is true and you appeared to grasp that by accepting what I initially said in response to you before rather ruining it with the rest of your post.

It's shit - as I explained - and as you appear to accept. :)

What an outlook.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Manctopia: B‌illion Pound Property Boom

Nobody cares.

Get the advert of the TV FFS.

small voice: I do - I would be interested in a show that really investigated the property market in Manchester, and the way the council runs, though maybe this isn't that show (I haven't seen the advert)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

small voice: I do - I would be interested in a show that really investigated the property market in Manchester, and the way the council runs, though maybe this isn't that show (I haven't seen the advert)

Multiple exposures to the advert and the joke accent alone means that ultimately I just want Manchester to explode.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Multiple exposures to the advert and the joke accent alone means that ultimately I just want Manchester to explode.

'Manctopia' Uggghh

The only city i'd want to live in less than Brum. 

At least Brummies know that their city is a bit shit. The Mancs on the other hand think their cesspit of a city is Utopia. Deluded. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

When wooden spoons get so bloody hot they burn your hand when cooking

Are you cooking one of @rjw63's curries?

But serious, what are you cooking that a wooden spoon gets that hot? I mean wood isn't that good a conductor of heat in the first place, hence why wood gets used

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are you cooking one of @rjw63's curries?

But serious, what are you cooking that a wooden spoon gets that hot? I mean wood isn't that good a conductor of heat in the first place, hence why wood gets used

I think it's time to replace the wooden spoons, probably more water than wood now. A good guess, I am making a curry, does @rjw63 have some good recipes that a 'disabled' cook would be able to do - my signature is usually a Patia. I do also quite like the cheating 'Holy Cow' curry sauces.

Edited by bielesibub
smelling pistake

14 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I think it's time to replace the wooden spoons, probably more water than wood now. A good guess, I am making a curry, does @rjw63 have some good recipes that a 'disabled' cook would be able to do - my signature is usually a Patia. I do also quite like the cheating 'Holy Cow' curry sauces.

I'm sure he has some disabling curries 🤣 and they must be pretty easy (if he can do them) :crylaugh:

Currently my favourite curry that I cook is a Lamb Keema and that is pretty easy (cos I can do it). Mainly measuring ingredients, frying  and stirring are the only skills required

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the latest saga of insurance industry woes...

Get sent a case. Pretty good except it does one thing we just don't like. Broker tells us basically true one off, never done it before won't do it again got burnt not interested in it anymore. We like the case otherwise so after much hassle get authorisation from on high to say for this case, this one time, we'll agree to offer terms but on the basis there's only been 1 example of this kind of work that they've ever done, that they agree that we aren't going to cover any claim that comes from that contract, and that they agree they're never doing that work again. And it was a struggle to get to that point.

Next day. Email from the broker. Thanks very much for the quote. Client has asked us to let you know that actually they've done that kind of work 3 times and could you clarify exactly what you would define as that kind of work because they do *thing that is basically the same as the thing they totally only did once, sorry, 3 times* quite a lot...

:bang:

Â