Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I had a Nokia 3310 (not really, but a brick nonetheless) up until March this year when Mum bought me a Samsung Galaxy A30 so you know I'm down with the technology. Call me Inspector Gadgets.

I'd still use a 3310 if I could! Only lack of WhatsApp prevents me. I'd miss out too much as hardly anyone uses text messaging in my circle. Even my mother communicates in emojis on WhatsApp!

I can do without everything else (camera internet, other apps, etc)

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I do fancy the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet but the general consensus is that Apple is the king of tablets. 

Pixel Slate. Although I use the Lenovo Chromebook Duet more at the moment.

Niggling sports injuries. I have done sports my entire life, but the last 2 years (I'm turning 37 now in 6 months) it's like my body just can't hack it anymore. 

First my shoulder got fecked, then my old knee injury came back that I haven't noticed in 18 years. Then my hip, neck, thigh. It's bonkers. 

It's like I can't break a sweat anymore without something going to feck. I feel like an old Italian car. 

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Niggling sports injuries. I have done sports my entire life, but the last 2 years (I'm turning 37 now in 6 months) it's like my body just can't hack it anymore. 

First my shoulder got fecked, then my old knee injury came back that I haven't noticed in 18 years. Then my hip, neck, thigh. It's bonkers. 

It's like I can't break a sweat anymore without something going to feck. I feel like an old Italian car. 

Try being a 66 year old runner.  :(

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Pixel Slate. Although I use the Lenovo Chromebook Duet more at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions but NOW TV doesn't support Chrome OS unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

On 28/08/2020 at 21:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we ever have to tip in this country as we get service charges. Different in other countries I guess. I’ll never forget the look of disgust from a barber in Canada when I gave him a 20 for a 16 dollar haircut and waited for the change.

I just didn’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Buying things in Canada is often a pain. Most places don't include sales tax on their sticker prices, and tips are needed loads of places, and big ones too. It's one of my main beefs with living there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume there is some sort of benefit to posters from having large numbers of posts, and so they're just pumping up their numbers?

I think it’s probably that the questions can be directly asked to someone who reviewed it, and they then answer. 

But when you go on the questions show up on a separate part so it looks like they’ve just found the question and answered “don’t know”

But it still annoys me

• Like 1

Someone in my neighbourhood has acquired a drone. Whoever is flying it keeps flying it over our back yard, keeps hovering over the row of houses and generally scares the heebyjeebies out of birds, cats, dogs and old people alike. What sort of rights do I have here? The noise is so annoying, a loud, whizzy, propellarly sound that is extremely irritating and the person is clearly filming private property from the air..

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Someone in my neighbourhood has acquired a drone. Whoever is flying it keeps flying it over our back yard, keeps hovering over the row of houses and generally scares the heebyjeebies out of birds, cats, dogs and old people alike. What sort of rights do I have here? The noise is so annoying, a loud, whizzy, propellarly sound that is extremely irritating and the person is clearly filming private property from the air..

It’s out of order tbh, could be filming into people’s bedrooms. 

24 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If it's lower than 50 meters above your property, it can be considered trespass. You'd need to know who owns the drone though

Â