Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I had to wash five old Villa shirts this morning so I put them on a cold, slow spin cycle because I was worried about the sponsors and badges peeling off.

They came out drenched, so I lovingly left them on a clothes horse on the patio for them to dry.

I've just gone out to get them in and they're absolutely covered in sawdust, dust and other shite from the builders on next door's roof doing a loft conversion.

main-qimg-a981b1903207bde7a8f19e01f86817

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

some sort of online test

I sat one just a couple of weeks ago. Work related, I needed some accreditation to be able to do a particular part of my job.

Four days of zoom classes and then an online exam with the guy sat their watching.

As part of the notes he’d given us a ‘sample’ paper. But really overly laboured the point it was a ‘sample’, but we might want to do it as a practise as sometimes the questions are quite similar to this ‘sample’. I can spot a hint as well as the next guy, so I basically did a set of model answers and had them written out and propped up just behind the screen so appearing to be reading the question on the screen, I could be reading my pre prepared answers.

Day 4, exam.

Totally different bloody paper. The guy was an absolute bell.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I had to wash five old Villa shirts this morning so I put them on a cold, slow spin cycle

Nod GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Worst case scenario (errant building materials threats aside), iron and a piece of A4 paper and you should be able to reattach any peeling parts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I sat one just a couple of weeks ago. Work related, I needed some accreditation to be able to do a particular part of my job.

Four days of zoom classes and then an online exam with the guy sat their watching.

As part of the notes he’d given us a ‘sample’ paper. But really overly laboured the point it was a ‘sample’, but we might want to do it as a practise as sometimes the questions are quite similar to this ‘sample’. I can spot a hint as well as the next guy, so I basically did a set of model answers and had them written out and propped up just behind the screen so appearing to be reading the question on the screen, I could be reading my pre prepared answers.

Day 4, exam.

Totally different bloody paper. The guy was an absolute bell.

I've had that before, random pop quiz on day 3 of a 5 day course, day 5 was a full exam, maybe 90% of the questions were the same (SMSTS) 

There seems to come a point after a levels where failing an exam that you're paying for reflects worse on them than it does you

My company pays a guy a good chunk of money to train 20 people to get a certificate if all 20 fail they'll ask questions of him not us

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Nod GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Worst case scenario (errant building materials threats aside), iron and a piece of A4 paper and you should be able to reattach any peeling parts.

Good tip, thank you!

The last disaster I had my 2007/08 home shirt, when the sponsor didn't peel off as such, it went all flakey and left little white bits everywhere. No idea what I did wrong there.

Interviewed a right couple of plums this morning, first one would not shut up about how good he was and how he would be doing my job in a couple of months second one just stared at me grinning inanely and had to be removed by security in the end

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've had a few tests that were online, where you had to have a webcam on, give the observer a 360 view around the room, and then you're monitored throughout both via the webcam and them remoting on to monitor your computer. Even with that it'd have been simple enough to cheat if I were determined enough, as well as disadvantaging kids without computers/webcams/stable internet connections. Remote exams were just a non-starter, IMO.

I had one of those online exams a couple of weeks ago. It was a first for me and like you said, a 360° of the room, no headphones, webcam and microphone on at all times, clear desk too. He told me which seat at the table he wanted me at and even said i wasn't allowed to read the question out loud to myself - i had also been told i had to be the only person in the room. 

I comfortably passed but I'm old skool (excuse the pun) and used to sitting in the classroom or school library, closely being watched by one of the masters as they patrolled up and down the room....even coming with me to the toilets, observing me as i relieved myself 😢

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Interviewed a right couple of plums this morning, first one would not shut up about how good he was and how he would be doing my job in a couple of months second one just stared at me grinning inanely and had to be removed by security in the end

How thorough is the interview process for Wimpy then?  :) 

Edited by Xela
not telling ;)

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

How thorough is interview process for Wimpy then?  :) 

As long as you can form a question or sentence without the use of ‘is’ on its own you’ll be fine👍

oh......

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

As long as you can form a question or sentence without the use of ‘is’ on its own you’ll be fine

Touché

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

What I think is silly is responding to what I thought was a very broad (non-specific) post

You were pretty specific in stating that life is brilliant and not shit. That's a pretty comprehensive statement and it was that to which I replied.

being told that I'm not taking into consideration every individuals specific problems

You misunderstand. I meant that you weren't taking in to account that there were people with other points of view - as I explained in the previous post when I said:

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

it's imperative that people at least understand that other perspectives exist

If what you're saying is true, and life IS absolutely appalling and there is nothing to do to make that change for some people, then that's very sad.

It is very sad but for some people it absolutely is true and you appeared to grasp that by accepting what I initially said in response to you before rather ruining it with the rest of your post.

Afterall, what is life without dreams and hope?

It's shit - as I explained - and as you appear to accept. :)

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Yes, you’ve lost your mum and your job, but cheer up, that cloud looks like tits’.

Which poem is that from? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Yes, you’ve lost your mum and your job, but cheer up, that cloud looks like tits’.

The traditional response to that is to post a vid of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - but that's been done to death, so let's have some Carter Family for a change: 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

talking of Sky Q  , i found out the other day , if you push the blue Q on the set-top box the remote starts beeping so you can find the thing when the kids have somehow shoved it under the sofa

This makes me even more angry I can’t have Sky Q!

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t get sky Q because of trees in garden and sky refusing so put the dish on the chimney (where the current dish is) for health and safety reasons. So let me hire somebody to install the dish?  Nope, has to be done by Sky.   Frustrating as hell. 

Whats your internet connection like? If decent, just get NOW TV. All the Sky channels and catchup on there. 

Not as fancy as a Sky Q mind, but an option?

• Like 1

Â