Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Melanie Phillips is the very definition of an oxygen thief.

Sadly and incredibly, what she is is a respected member of Britain's pundit class, in good standing and still occasionally appearing on a radio programme called 'The Moral Maze' where she chews over the weighty moral dilemmas of the day.

(And no, the question of 'should you still be paid to churn out bigoted shit after you helped inspire a massacre' is not one of the dilemmas that has been discussed)

• Like 1

I may be biased against her as she twice attacked the department I studied in at university, but she's one of the rare few people who would brighten my day if I heard they were in hospital in dire straits.

• Like 1

Waking up very early for a long drive away with work only to find your wing mirror has been taken off by a parking or passing driver. I'd like to think this should absolutely piss me off though. The annoyance of having to cancel last minute and the lost sleep really is a pisser. 

The upside; I was up early, removed the wrecked unit and have ordered a brand new replacement for a mere £43.98 inc. P&P which should be here by tomorrow or Thursday. Still fuming however.  

• Like 1

The main Villa Talk forum at the moment.  

I'm addicted to checking it but the insightful, informative and interesting comments are drowning in the sea of utter nonsense that contributes to the majority of the posts.

#gettingoldandgrumpy

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

The main Villa Talk forum at the moment.  

I'm addicted to checking it but the insightful, informative and interesting comments are drowning in the sea of utter nonsense that contributes to the majority of the posts.

#gettingoldandgrumpy

If you think it's bad now, just imagine how it'll be when we sign 2 players for a combined outlay of 30p and sell Grealish for £35m on deadline day. And Rashica does an interview where he says he's never even heard of Aston Villa.

• Haha 4

When colleagues ask for help with a job saying it will take 2 hours. In reality it takes a full days work, maybe 2 days. So all other arrangements have to be rescheduled and get a late postponement. 

Just great. Why can't people just be upfront with the extent of the work they need assistance with. It's not like I will say no, but I might actually plan for it. Now I just look like an amateur to other clients cause I promised something I couldn't keep my word on. Just stupid. Aaaarrrgh 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

When the missus asks will you help me with whatever in a bit when she really means drop everything you’re doing and do it now 🤬🤦‍♂️🤯

Ask @leemond2008 to volley her in the jaw as means of a polite refusal.

Or don't 🙂

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

When the missus asks will you help me with whatever in a bit when she really means drop everything you’re doing and do it now 🤬🤦‍♂️🤯

Surely by now you will have learnt the strange words of the missus, when mine says “I have been thinking” I know there is a list of jobs for me to do.

On 24/08/2020 at 23:54, HanoiVillan said:

It will probably not surprise you that Mad Mel has got a column out of it:

Non-British readers might be baffled to discover that this woman, writing in the nation's oldest and most establishment newspaper - our equivalent of The New York Times - was approvingly cited by Anders Breivik in his manifesto, and yet here she still is.

She is also the wife of Joshua Rozenberg, former BBC legal correspondent, excellent legal tweeter and, on the face of it, a million miles away from Phillips.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I've had £60 in my wallet (sorry for the humble brag, why yes, I am incredibly wealthy, thank you), for about 6 months. It's impossible to bloody spend it. 

Exactly the same here. I took out £60 (three twenties) from a cashpoint in March. It's still in my wallet. 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've had £60 in my wallet (sorry for the humble brag, why yes, I am incredibly wealthy, thank you), for about 6 months. It's impossible to bloody spend it. 

Imagine how the tradesmen feel, they might have to declare all their earnings at this rate.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Imagine how the tradesmen feel, they might have to declare all their earnings at this rate.

I imagine faulty card readers in black cabs are at an all time low. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I imagine faulty card readers in black cabs are at an all time low. :) 

You'd think so but I can atest they aren't. See if you can get your head around this logic (rough figures)

Pre-pandemic, approximately 25% of our bookings requested a driver with card facilities thus ruling out any driver from the booking that didn't have a card machine. Approximately 500 drivers out of 2000 refused to get a card machine

Now, approximately 50% of bookings request a driver with card facilities. There are still 300 drivers (out of 1600) that don't have a card machine. So 300 drivers cannot access 50% of the bookings and still steadfastly refuse to get a card machine (Cost £14.50 for a SumUp Air - transaction fee 1.69%). They would recover the cost of the machine in a few short hours in one day. Not only that but we charge them £10 per week more, if they don't have a card machine, So in reality the cost of the machine would be paid for in 1 less than average fare

Still 300 drivers refuse to get one

• Haha 3

Â