Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I like getting gifts but at the same time don't "need" anything and the older I've got I've found that I have to tell people what I want which has taken the enjoyment away 

My missus doesn't want to risk buying me a game or a record and definitely not clothes, I'm too fussy for my own good, my mom will run the gauntlet every now and then but usually just gets me tat, did used to do an amazon wish list with 200 odd items on it and tell them to get me a few random ones between them but I don't even bother with that now 

Presents from other people?

I bought some albums, gave them to my missus who gave them to my parents to give to me as a Christmas present.

This morning, no **** records! My missus has had to text them After they’d left, to remind them! They’d forgotten they had records to give me and had bought me a bottle of whiskey!

All alright now, albums received albeit a little late, extra unexpected bottle of Bushmills opened.

• Haha 2

Its the same with me and my family. I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can buy whatever i want when I want and my parents are the same. So we never buy each other anything big, just little gifts. Christmas for me is about spending time with my folks and having some time off work, not about presents. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Its the same with me and my family. I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can buy whatever i want when I want and my parents are the same. So we never buy each other anything big, just little gifts. Christmas for me is about spending time with my folks and having some time off work, not about presents. 

CpFD6LKWEAESHWP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Xela said:

A similar thing here. I tend to buy what I want during the year so try to curb people buying me stuff. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Presents from other people?

I bought some albums, gave them to my missus who gave them to my parents to give to me as a Christmas present.

This morning, no **** records! My missus has had to text them After they’d left, to remind them! They’d forgotten they had records to give me and had bought me a bottle of whiskey!

All alright now, albums received albeit a little late, extra unexpected bottle of Bushmills opened.

Quality! 

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

CpFD6LKWEAESHWP.jpg

:D

Not at all. Similar to Kenji, i've got no kids, work full time for a reasonable salary and not materialistic in the slightest. 

All that combined means I'm ok. You don't need to be earning mega bucks to be financially secure.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I definitely enjoy giving gifts more than receiving them these days, but to be honest it just sounds like the people giving you gifts are a bit shit

Have people been buying you socks for xmas again?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Ludicrous apologies like this...

Why the hell are the HA apologising for something that is absolutely no-one's fault?

It just piles on with the culture of entitled twunts who think they need an apology for everything shit that happens in their life.

In my book you apologise when it's your fault and you've made an error

Do you by any chance do the announcements at Cardiff Central?

This one from last week:

’Both the 6:45 and the 7:05 to Paddington are cancelled. This is absolutely nothing to do with me personally.’

He got people that were up early on a cold train platform to laugh at the fact their train was cancelled. 

• Like 1

When you get stuck in a bad sleep pattern of waking up in the afternoon, and then you think you've fixed it by either waking up early or pulling an all nighter.

Then in the early afternoon you get that nice warm feeling of having a quick nap on the sofa, and next thing you know you've woken up at 10pm ready for the day.

• Like 1

Trying to do something nice, second guessing yourself and causing untold hassle in the process. 
She gave plenty hints about getting new Christmas jammies. So I head out to MnS the Saturday before Christmas, queue for hours just to get into the car park, pick out a lovely pair I know she’ll love. I also pick up on the “nice, loose-fitting, comfy” hint and go for a size 12. 
The next day I check with utmost subtlety to ensure I’ve got the right size and realise that buying a 12 will mean I think she’s a twelve and how on earth could I think that when she’s barely a ten. So on Monday night I return to MnS after work, spend ages queuing to get into the car park, find a replacement pair in a ten and exchange. 
Sonshe turns up late Monday and I present the Christmas jammies only to be told she wants a size up. Not only that but we are both going to oxford street on Christmas Eve to exchange them and see the Christmas lights. 
Turns out we need to see the Christmas lights on Oxford St, Regent St, Carnaby St, Fortnum & Mason, Liberty and Selfridges. Then on to MnS where she decides she prefers a different pair of jammies altogether which are a tenner more expensive. 

She will never know the hassle these jammies have caused because she’s generally so awesome and she’d feel guilty if I ever told her (hence why I’m venting to the VT massive).

The idiot female in the IT Department strikes again

I log in from home, everything is fine except I can't run reports and the error message says there's a network fault.

I ring up, she tells me to restart my machine, I know my machine isn't the problem but I play along. She then says it must be my machine at home and there's nothing she can do about that (it isn't and she could if she really wanted to).

I ask her if she can run reports from her machine, "I don't know". Can you try first before we waste any more of my time. Shock of all shocks, she can't. 

So its not my machine at work or home then is it?  "Er no, leave it with me."

No less than 30 seconds later she's sent an email to our software suppliers raising it as an issue. No attempt to fix it herself by... restarting the reporting server

Now I have no IT training whatsoever but I know that this is the solution because its always the sodding solution whenever it happens... it takes a bloody minute to sort out but now I'm waiting until someone in, probably America, wakes up, reads the ticket and then emails us back telling us that the problem is at our end and the reporting server needs restarting. This might not happen until Monday at the earliest

She's f***ing useless! Not only that but she's now affecting my overtime!

• Like 1

Â