Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really isn't an either or comparison

Growing up implies maturing and developing as a person, learning.

Growing old means becoming tiresome and being jaded with life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Growing up implies maturing and developing as a person, learning.

Growing old means becoming tiresome and being jaded with life.

Rubbish, one is a state of mind the other is a physical certainty

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Why is "growing up" considered a great thing? Not convinced I ever really have, nor would I want to

You should have seen me strop when the misus cleaned the man cave, I still can't find half my stuff!

Where are my f***ing slippers!

9 hours ago, bickster said:

You should have seen me strop when the misus cleaned the man cave, I still can't find half my stuff!

My missus knows better than to go near my man cave. She complains about it, because she considers it to be a 'guest bedroom'. Well, it does have a double bed in it where friends can crash when they stay, but everything else in it - books, CDs, LPs, hi-fi, computer, recording gear, musical instruments, etc. - is mine. Not To Be Touched. 

16 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm having a brain fart moment here, I dont get it. 

I'm assuming the role of those who have annoyed you.

The truth is, you have kids and it still doesn't make sense.  There's a reason for making some of the potentially life-changing decisions you'll make, but other than that you're still just the same person - blagging it and waiting to get found out.  We all are.

I don't think you should be annoyed with your family, but equally don't believe the hype.  There's no big reveal.  We're all winging it - kids or no kids.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My missus knows better than to go near my man cave. She complains about it, because she considers it to be a 'guest bedroom'. Well, it does have a double bed in it where friends can crash when they stay, but everything else in it - books, CDs, LPs, hi-fi, computer, recording gear, musical instruments, etc. - is mine. Not To Be Touched. 

It's normally the "rule" here too but hey ho

Where's my corkscrew thing? (It's "waiters friend" really but that would complicate matters)

Where do you think it is?

I don't know, it's not on my desk?

I've put it back where it should be

It's not on my desk

It's in the kitchen drawer where it should be

I don't open new vinyl in the kitchen (I use the little knife thing in the handle)

It's now back on my desk

F*** knows where my slippers are though!

On 08/12/2019 at 19:35, Ingram85 said:

The perception that you have to have your own kid to be considered a grown up or responsible adult.

We had my mom, step dad, brother, his wife and their 3 month old baby round for dinner last weekend. Naturally, we were all talking about the baby which is expected and fine, then my mom says to my brother, "it's only when you have your own child that it really makes you more responsible and grown up". 

Now, I'm sure she didnt mean anything by it but it still hurt me a little bit. I'm not even sure I can have kids, me and the missus arent actively trying but nothing has happened yet. BUT, for the last year I have been having an active role in looking after and recently raising her young lad, far more than his actual dad does. What if I cant have kids? Does this mean I can never be considered responsible and an actual grown up by my own mom despite in the future potentially having an official step child let alone raising him right now? 

Just really annoyed me that comment.

Pretty sure the people not figuring out contraception never has been the brightest bulbs in the socket, and it's definitely not the stuff you associate with responsible or grown up. 

Tldr. Your mother is full of shit. 

I think it's very scary how little thought people give to having kids.  Some people just bang without contraception and are somehow surprised when it happens to them.

There is nothing more life changing than having children, and I find it amazing how lightly people take that decision. 

There's a 41 year old grandma at my work.  She had her kid when she was 16 and then her daughter had her kid at 20.  She's lovely, but some of the things her grandson comes out with, which she laughs about makes me cringe "Oh, he went up to his mom the other day and said "**** off mommy"". 

He's 4.  I think its really sad, but then who am I to judge? 

37 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think it's very scary how little thought people give to having kids.  Some people just bang without contraception and are somehow surprised when it happens to them.

There is nothing more life changing than having children, and I find it amazing how lightly people take that decision. 

There's a 41 year old grandma at my work.  She had her kid when she was 16 and then her daughter had her kid at 20.  She's lovely, but some of the things her grandson comes out with, which she laughs about makes me cringe "Oh, he went up to his mom the other day and said "**** off mommy"". 

He's 4.  I think its really sad, but then who am I to judge? 

I was a young parent as well and my daughter never came out with stuff like that. 

A fairly junior employee left us a few months ago, and has returned, but is now styling themselves as some kind of best-practices oracle, determined to inspire people in to eating up the same bullshit he's been reading about.

If he wants to be a sycophant, that's fine, just stop CCing me. And the lunch and learn sessions can be shoved right up his arse. The only thing I'm interested in learning at lunch is how good my food tastes, synergise that **** paradigm, mate. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 4

The hashtag #dogsatpollingstations...

ffs - we’re in a terrible state nationally with a lot at stake in this GE but it appears all people are interested in is posting pictures of their dog tied up whilst they vote. 

we really have become a dumbed down, social media driven bunch of clearing in the woods. 

I’d remove the right to vote from any of the wombles of cockness who participated. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The hashtag #dogsatpollingstations...

ffs - we’re in a terrible state nationally with a lot at stake in this GE but it appears all people are interested in is posting pictures of their dog tied up whilst they vote. 

we really have become a dumbed down, social media driven bunch of clearing in the woods. 

I’d remove the right to vote from any of the wombles of cockness who participated. 

2019-12-12T090017Z_483060445_RC2LTD9ZROX

Â