Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

oh and another one, DJ's talking about "a great gig" last night etc.

You weren't at a gig you were playing at a disco

As an ex-DJ myself, it was only a gig if I was DJing between bands and maybe afterwards, otherwise it was a club night

• Like 3

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Siblings.... 

don’t see my sister much as we live several hundred miles apart but Christmas is one occasion we do meet up.

i spoke to her weeks ago saying we’d be up the weekend before Christmas to see the folks and my Nan and wanted to have a family meal out all together. Even followed it up with another message confirming the date.

i arrive yesterday to find out she was only available for 2 hours today as going to see Star Wars.... 

she rocked up with her family, didn’t say much other than she was very busy and very tired with work (asked no reciprocal questions) and didn’t say another word other than to grumble through the lunch we’d prepared.

glad when she left... really saddened as my wife felt she had done something wrong too.

theres nothing truer than you can pick your friends but not your family. 

Can relate to this. 

Family is tough cause you kinda get what you're dealt and you want to have that good connections some siblings have, but it's difficult when they are just royal words removed. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Oh forgot to mention the screening process for a good dog breeder. I am looking at getting a boxer pup in 2020. Been contacting the best breeder in this area, but it feels like they are incredibly selective. They want people with boxer experience, with kids, big backyard, house, with a stay at home parent. I basically flunk everything they are clearly looking for. Just pisses me off cause I'd be a good owner methinks. 

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh forgot to mention the screening process for a good dog breeder. I am looking at getting a boxer pup in 2020. Been contacting the best breeder in this area, but it feels like they are incredibly selective. They want people with boxer experience, with kids, big backyard, house, with a stay at home parent. I basically flunk everything they are clearly looking for. Just pisses me off cause I'd be a good owner methinks. 

Give a rescue dog a try. 

53 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can relate to this. 

Family is tough cause you kinda get what you're dealt and you want to have that good connections some siblings have, but it's difficult when they are just royal words removed. 

As an only child, siblings are a mystery to me. But my daughters have a great relationship (with us, and with each other), which makes me happy. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Give a rescue dog a try. 

I considered it, but there's not a single boxer rescue dog in Norway from my research. 

In general rescue dogs here is also a lot more risky than bigger countries. Say England, Italy, France, Germany, US etc. you got huge amounts of rescue dogs simply due to the amount of people you got. The few we got here are far more often dogs that are aggressive or mentally unstable in some way. You just have better odds finding a normal one other places. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

people with awful calf tattoos who will wear shorts in the winter outside just so they can show them to you

Absolutely contemplated shorts today for that very reason. Realised I will look a word removed and am in some nice slacks. 

• Like 1

Not being able to sleep after hard workouts. Normal workouts I tend to sleep rather well. Last night I powered through a heavy session, got back home, ate dinner and went to bed after about 3 hours, could not for my life sleep. Tired as feck, but able to sleep? Nope. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not being able to sleep after hard workouts. Normal workouts I tend to sleep rather well. Last night I powered through a heavy session, got back home, ate dinner and went to bed after about 3 hours, could not for my life sleep. Tired as feck, but able to sleep? Nope. 

Is this adrenalin?

Not sure, biochemistry is difficult and I've had it at university level 😂

I googled it after 3 hours of no sleep last night and apparantly it's a cortisol respons along with adrenalin like you say that may be the ticker. 

It's weird though. I normally gym between 17 and 21. Yesterday I went hard from 17 - 19 and don't think I fell asleep before 0300. Then woke up 0600 feeling just shit. That's a 8 hour window which seems excessive. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I googled it after 3 hours of no sleep last night and apparantly it's a cortisol respons along with adrenalin like you say that may be the ticker. 

It's weird though. I normally gym between 17 and 21. Yesterday I went hard from 17 - 19 and don't think I fell asleep before 0300. Then woke up 0600 feeling just shit. That's a 8 hour window which seems excessive. 

A couple of things here. Obviously you need to work out earlier if you can, working out on the evening/ night demonstrably interferes with sleep for a lot of people. Secondly working out for 2 hours is excessive, especially for your experience. In fact most professional bodybuilders will not work out for that long, Dorian Yates would 'only' workout for an hour four times a week. I know some strongmen who train for 2 hours but that's because lifting atlas stones etc is very tiring and requires longer rest breaks. You're probably over training, this can interfere with your sleep as well.

21 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A couple of things here. Obviously you need to work out earlier if you can, working out on the evening/ night demonstrably interferes with sleep for a lot of people. Secondly working out for 2 hours is excessive, especially for your experience. In fact most professional bodybuilders will not work out for that long, Dorian Yates would 'only' workout for an hour four times a week. I know some strongmen who train for 2 hours but that's because lifting atlas stones etc is very tiring and requires longer rest breaks. You're probably over training, this can interfere with your sleep as well.

You probably are right, but I honest to god just got a new program so I wouldn't overtrain. The last one was kinda mental where the sessions went on for 3 hours. 

Yesterday I just tried to finish the high rep part of the program the coach set up. It was 10 min rowing á 2:05. 4 sets squats, 4 sets deadlift, 3 sets bench, 3 sets lateral, 3 sets hangups, 3 sets rowing, 3 sets skullcrush, and some pulldown. It's a not a massive program, but I was really sore from the last workout. I don't know. I just feel tired. 

Anyway, sorry. Didn't mean to turn it into the gym thread. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Could you go to the gym during working hours rather than spend them in the toilet?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, theboyangel said:

theres nothing truer than you can pick your friends but not your family. 

Family are people who act like family.

Which means that to most of you, I'm some kind of Google Assistant.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Family are people who act like family.

Which means that to most of you, I'm some kind of Google Assistant.

So you're the woman that tells me the time, weather, rush hour traffic routes and news each morning! Google hub ftw. 

• Thanks 1

Â