Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Secret Santa at work!  Absolutely pointless exercise. Staff walking round two weeks in advance saying “I better not get something s£&$”. Also, same staff walking round saying “if you have me, can you get me............”.   Either it’s secret and a bit of fun or don’t bother.  I refused to join our office one this year. 

Finally, Christmas work meal?  Another pointless exercise.  I insisted on it being at lunch time this year.  I’m not giving up my free time turning up to some venue on an evening, eating with people who I don’t want to sit and eat with, and also paying for that privilege? No thanks.  If I have to submit to this nonsense then let it be on works time.  

Probably come across as the office Christmas grinch, but all the office stuff around this time of year is just so annoying. 

#metoo! 

15 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Secret Santa at work!  Absolutely pointless exercise. Staff walking round two weeks in advance saying “I better not get something s£&$”. Also, same staff walking round saying “if you have me, can you get me............”.   Either it’s secret and a bit of fun or don’t bother.  I refused to join our office one this year. 

Finally, Christmas work meal?  Another pointless exercise.  I insisted on it being at lunch time this year.  I’m not giving up my free time turning up to some venue on an evening, eating with people who I don’t want to sit and eat with, and also paying for that privilege? No thanks.  If I have to submit to this nonsense then let it be on works time.  

Probably come across as the office Christmas grinch, but all the office stuff around this time of year is just so annoying. 

I've never joined this, but then again I think Christmas presents to other people than your S.O. and kids rather pointless. 

Call me a grinch, I'll wear the tag with pride. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Its just secret santa, everybody spends a fiver. Dont over think it, if you get a shit gift it just means the randomly picked person doesnt know you that well. That's all. 

the gift is best when it's intentionally shit. Someone I know at his company where he's been only 2 years, learned that the recipient of his gift  - a 1993 Ipswich Town Calendar - was a 60 something lady in accounts. That's what it should be, not a cheap bottle of wine or chocs anyway

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

laughter, particularly that loud nervous laughter that always seems to pierce the air with its chronic irritating sound. Often found in young people. A young lady nearby is in conversation with her friends in the library and every 10 seconds I keep hearing this extended braying. Shut up or laugh normally / quietly.

edit: more loud laughter and chatting - in a library - from a different set of clearings in the woods now. I have had a headache all morning so feeling particularly grumpy.

edit 2 : christ one of them has one of those accents where it sounds like they've only just learned how to pronounce syllables and are taking their time to get it right. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

laughter, particularly that loud nervous laughter that always seems to pierce the air with its chronic irritating sound. Often found in young people. A young lady nearby is in conversation with her friends in the library and every 10 seconds I keep hearing this extended braying. Shut up or laugh normally / quietly.

edit: more loud laughter and chatting - in a library - from a different set of clearings in the woods now. I have had a headache all morning so feeling particularly grumpy.

edit 2 : christ one of them has one of those accents where it sounds like they've only just learned how to pronounce syllables and are taking their time to get it right. 

If they're having a group conversation in a library I would be pissed off regardless of what their laugh is like.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh don't come to the UK whatever you do :crylaugh:

You'll be suicidal

I've travelled the world so I have some idea at this point. Oslo is surprisingly good. 

England  is rather okey. I was and is kinda confused about your privatised railways. First 3 trips I didn't understand the return ticket. Apparantly when ordering a ticket from Easton to Brum I pay full price, but very little for return on the same ticket. First trips for several years I paid two single trips without return. 

Italy is a joke. The buses in Rome arrive at free will. 

Germany is crowded. 

Spain... 

Russia alright, but shady 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've travelled the world so I have some idea at this point. Oslo is surprisingly good. 

England  is rather okey. I was and is kinda confused about your privatised railways. First 3 trips I didn't understand the return ticket. Apparantly when ordering a ticket from Easton to Brum I pay full price, but very little for return on the same ticket. First trips for several years I paid two single trips without return. 

Italy is a joke. The buses in Rome arrive at free will. 

Germany is crowded. 

Spain... 

Russia alright, but shady 

Yeah yeah yeah, come back when you’ve tried to get a train outta Cardiff on international day.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They've kinda changed that now, now you buy three different singles for one journey and save a fortune

Its like everyone from Bristol / Bath to London does the Reading Switch. They buy singles to Reading then a further single to London, it wrks out at half the price

Â