Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving along the Solihull bypass this morning in my invalid car as fast as it would go and I had this hairy bloke in a Rover tailgating me. What a lemon. Bet he's a small heath fan!

Been a shite day all round, but your post has genuinely made my smile for the first time today.  :thumb:

• Like 2

On 02/10/2019 at 22:59, Paddywhack said:

One that annoys me is when people say the word ‘marathon’ for any kind of distance race.

”I ran a marathon yesterday”

”Wow, really!? Which one?”

”The Birmingham 10k”

Well that’s just ridiculously wrong! I hope you correct them.

Are you sure they didn’t say “less than one quarter of” before the words “a marathon”?

It has just occurred to me that 10km is much closer to the length of a Snickers bar than it is to a marathon.

• Haha 1

The amount of temporary traffic lights on single carriageways seem to be more and more frequent and at the moment on my way to work there are two separate sets that never seem to go away, just shuffle up and down the roads they are on (mere green, I'm looking at you !).

After a 12 hour night shift i hit this double pain in the bum just as Penelope is taking Justin and Tabitha to school in Jeremy's 4x4....just by little aston.....the last 2 miles of my journey takes 15/20 mins cos of all this, with me struggling to keep my eyes open 🤬

29 minutes ago, brommy said:

It has just occurred to me that 10km is much closer to the length of a Snickers bar than it is to a marathon.

Ooh I like it.

christian bale GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The amount of temporary traffic lights on single carriageways seem to be more and more frequent and at the moment on my way to work there are two separate sets that never seem to go away, just shuffle up and down the roads they are on (mere green, I'm looking at you !).

After a 12 hour night shift i hit this double pain in the bum just as Penelope is taking Justin and Tabitha to school in Jeremy's 4x4....just by little aston.....the last 2 miles of my journey takes 15/20 mins cos of all this, with me struggling to keep my eyes open 🤬

Let me guess

- Set at top of Four Oaks Rd by the crossroads

- Set not far from Little Aston hospital by the bend in the road

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Let me guess

- Set at top of Four Oaks Rd by the crossroads

- Set not far from Little Aston hospital by the bend in the road

Correct on both, but you being a mere green resident, you'd know that :)

At least I haven't been called "scum" lately whilst shopping in my jogging bottoms in sainsbury's, so it ain't all bad !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Correct on both, but you being a mere green resident, you'd know that :)

At least I haven't been called "scum" lately whilst shopping in my jogging bottoms in sainsbury's, so it ain't all bad !

Let me know when you are next there and I'll drive past in my burbling car and heckle you 😉

I got caught up in those lights earlier... was en route to Morrisons in Aldridge. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

When I get the dog all excited telling him he's going for walkies before I actually check the weather outside.

My wife is always telling me I can't walk the dog in the rain

He's a **** beagle, a hunting dog, he loves the rain 

On 04/10/2019 at 23:01, Jimzk5 said:

My wife is always telling me I can't walk the dog in the rain

He's a **** beagle, a hunting dog, he loves the rain 

Mine is a Beagle too. He’s awesome, Really well behaved and eager to please us.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

BBC yellow weather warning last night at 23:30 for all day Sunday in Birmingham - Flash Floods, winds, travel disruption etc... Scheduled a taxi as thought **** that, I'm not confident enough to ride yet in the rain and winds plus being half asleep as it is first thing.

Wake up, taxi arrives, get to work. No rain. No wind. Sunshine and warm weather all day so far. Dickheads.

• Haha 2

American sports stadium names. The bloke who presents NFL Redzone on Sky is the most rah-rah corporate NFL hack you could ever dream of, but even he couldn't hide his contempt at 'Rocket Field at Dignity Health Sports Park'.

• Like 1

People who list their Myers-Briggs personality type (ENTP or whatever) on Twitter.

More generally, anyone who uses personality tests in a serious situation (e.g. work) as cover for their lack of basic emotional intelligence. People are not 4 letters FFS. It is one step up from astrology. Most people get different results depending on what mood they're in. It drives me effing nuts.

• Like 2

Â