Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Same people who in meetings after being told over the course of half an hour what the plan is and how we will proceed, ask a pointless question about what we have already been told.

Just for the sake of talking is it?! You know the bloody answer.
Stop asking pointless inane questions. Why?! WHY?!?!?!

I put it down to insecurity.  It's just for the sake of opening their mouth and 'CoNtRiBuTiNg'.  I find it's nearly always the weakest or stupidest in the herd that feel the need to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Same people who in meetings after being told over the course of half an hour what the plan is and how we will proceed, ask a pointless question about what we have already been told.

Just for the sake of talking is it?! You know the bloody answer.

Stop asking pointless inane questions. Why?! WHY?!?!?!

I agree with @BOF, I put it down to insecurity and people just opening their mouths to contribute.

:trollface:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I agree with @BOF, I put it down to insecurity and people just opening their mouths to contribute.

:trollface:

Yeah, you know the sort.  They're the ones who never win the day.

Spoiler

oh no you didnt GIF

• Haha 2

The line in the song Moonlight Shadow that goes:

"Four a.m. in the morning...."

I like the song but why say "in the morning" after already saying "a.m." ?! 

Yes.....yes I am bored :(

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

The line in the song Moonlight Shadow that goes:

"Four a.m. in the morning...."

I like the song but why say "in the morning" after already saying "a.m." ?! 

Yes.....yes I am bored :(

Yep. This has irritated me for years. 

EDIT: Also, the widely-held belief (by many pub quiz setters, among others) that the singer on that recording was Sally Oldfield. It was Maggie Reilly. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

There is a guy at work that goes on holiday more than anyone I have ever known! Every time he is off he’s away abroad on holiday. Plus almost every weekend he goes away somewhere in the country! He can’t just spend the weekend just chilling doing nothing he has to be away doing something! People I have moaned about it to reckon I am just jealous but I am not because I could go away. I have absolutely no idea why it bothers me but it does

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

There is a guy at work that goes on holiday more than anyone I have ever known! Every time he is off he’s away abroad on holiday. Plus almost every weekend he goes away somewhere in the country! He can’t just spend the weekend just chilling doing nothing he has to be away doing something! People I have moaned about it to reckon I am just jealous but I am not because I could go away. I have absolutely no idea why it bothers me but it does

Is he embezzling the company to fund it?!

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I no longer know how to post gifs that aren’t on that gif button up there. I was going to post a gif of Dave Angel - Eco Warrior and it was going to be reaaally funny.

Qqg5Lo.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The arrogance and condescending manner of our IT dept. 

Yes I need your help because I don't know how computers work... no need to be so smug and patronising about it. 

edit: They are just like The Office character

Edited by Xela

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The arrogance and condescending manner of our IT dept. 

Yes I need your help because I don't know how computers work... no need to be so smug and patronising about it. 

edit: They are just like The Office character

I concur. As someone who came in to IT from a different career i notice this so much. They typically lack in social skills and are quite often aloof to the point of being autistic (not belittling autism by the way).

They get incredulous if you don't understand what they're saying to you but remember this - loads of them spend too much time playing online games against 14 yr old apprentice nerds, hardly seeing the light of day thereby developing skin tone the colour of tippex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

He's called Tony right? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

One of my line managers is like that.  My go-to line used to be 'He's got more holidays than Thomas Cook' but that's been ruined now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

One of my line managers is like that.  My go-to line used to be 'He's got more holidays than Thomas Cook' but that's been ruined now.

I always used "More holidays than Alan Whicker" until recently when I had to explain to 75% of my colleagues who Whicker was and that he wasn't the creepy looking guy from accounts.

I need to update my references. 

• Haha 1

Â