Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yep, these people are always pricks, in dead end jobs with car crash personal lives but take some comfort in always "telling it like it is". They've not learned there is a time and a place to speak up and a time and a place to keep it closed.

Yup spot on!

People who queue half a mile blindly in traffic when all it takes is 2 or 3 side roads to completely circumnavigate it all. For example, when there are temporary traffic lights or the timing has been **** on a set for no reason what so ever causing a disproportionate amount of cars on one side of an island.

Zero initiative. Should get a place at my workplace.

Eejits.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People who queue half a mile blindly in traffic when all it takes is 2 or 3 side roads to completely circumnavigate it all. 

That's fine if you know the area, and where the shortcuts are. If you don't, then the risk of wandering blindly down a bunch of unfamiliar side roads that often end in cul-de-sacs (culs-de-sac?) is often less advisable than simply waiting for the lights. 

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People who queue half a mile blindly in traffic when all it takes is 2 or 3 side roads to completely circumnavigate it all. For example, when there are temporary traffic lights or the timing has been **** on a set for no reason what so ever causing a disproportionate amount of cars on one side of an island.

Eejits.

erm if they all did that the sitution would be far worse. Best keep it to yourself. Think of it as evolution.

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's fine if you know the area, and where the shortcuts are. If you don't, then the risk of wandering blindly down a bunch of unfamiliar side roads that often end in cul-de-sacs (culs-de-sac?) is often less advisable than simply waiting for the lights. 

There is always a way my friend.

Though I agree it is better for me as my path is now free and easy. Still infuriates me.

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Eejits.

We have traffic lights on the main road near me at the moment  , so everyone is cutting down the side road near my house  and then trying to come up through the village  , to return the main road the otherside of the lights  , unaware they are competing with school mums in SUV's coming down the village who are also "parking" 6 foot from the curb thus making the road unpassable at times .

Result nobody can get through the village and had the car stayed on the main road with the traffic lights they'd have actually been quicker .

• Like 1

Satnavs have devalued local knowledge somewhat.

"I know away around this. Shit, so does everyone else".

They move traffic problems to new and interesting places, like housing estates and country villages.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Xann said:

"I know away around this. Shit, so does everyone else".

They move traffic problems to new and interesting places, like housing estates and country villages.

Someone broke the M40 yesterday by pushing a lorry over into it. SatNav gave two alternative routes. One best option, one with ten minutes more. My presumption was that most would go for the best so I went for the other and breezed through. I was still two and a half hours late for work but (without empirical evidence) I'm fairly certain I won the race. ;)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Xann said:

Local and national. There was that recent case of the snooker player from Cambridge going to a tournament in Barnsley. He let his satnav take him to a village called Barnsley in the west country. I doubted that anybody could really be that ignorant about British geography, until I considered that fact that my own (otherwise intelligent) daughter and her partner followed their satnav from Leeds to Sheffield on the M1 while trying to go to a shopping centre of the same name in York. There seems to be an entire 'satnav generation' that has zero knowledge of basic geography. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Local and national. There was that recent case of the snooker player from Cambridge going to a tournament in Barnsley. He let his satnav take him to a village called Barnsley in the west country. I doubted that anybody could really be that ignorant about British geography, until I considered that fact that my own (otherwise intelligent) daughter and her partner followed their satnav from Leeds to Sheffield on the M1 while trying to go to a shopping centre of the same name in York. There seems to be an entire 'satnav generation' that has zero knowledge of basic geography. 

I heard about that snooker player on the radio and thought "how"   .. then i remembered my Aussie colleague who drove all the way to Leeds one weekend to visit Leeds castle

must admit when i drive in Hungary I'm very reliant on the Sat Nav  so i could possibly make a similar mistake over there to Mr Snookerman  , but that said i do a bit of double checking and google  before i depart just to be sure I am at least aiming in the general direction I want to go

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Google maps is REALLY shit at being updated, it can take 2 or 3 years before some road changes are implemented in the map.

That's true, but the real time traffic has saved me many, many hours when there is a problem on the motorways.

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Its not just that, there are huge swathes of people who lack the common sense to be able to describe to any usefulness where they actually live

It goes like this...

Me: Hi, where do you want me to take you?

Them: Hold on, I'll get you a postcode (You note they don't even attempt to name the road they live in)

Me: It might be easier if you just tell me where you want to go. (I refrain from saying I do not have every postcode in the region downloaded into my Internal SD card)

Them: Erm... 24 Accacia Avene

Me: Is that the one in Narnia or Atlantis?

Them: Its by a newsagents

Me: OK give me the postcode

:bang:

• Haha 3

Â