Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

After 11am if I'm on holiday somewhere hot.  But yeah, wrong thread.  What pisses me off is those Nationwide adverts where they've got people supposedly doing stand up about their money troubles.  Load of dogshit.

I think Nationwide are doing it on purpose. They had those really annoying sisters that got the death threats, and also those horrific poems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's a little early.

For me, lunchtime is typically the cut off. Except for Christmas when I'll start at breakfast, or when travelling abroad, because there are few things as satisfying as a pint in the airport at 6am.

Yup, they're the acceptable exceptions to the midday rule imo.

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Do you have those friends who cancel plans more often than they keep them?

A couple of guys i'll sometimes play games with or go out for a drink, I reckon half the time they cancel within an hour of it. It's very poor form, then they wonder why they never get invited to anything.

I think this needs clarification before you get hit with a Kenneth Williams gif ;)

Ahh October.  When the subtle noise pollution from your next door neighbour's heating system intermittently but quite persistently hums you into a gradual insanity.

Spoiler

**** OFF !!!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761127316cfcdd86c27bf1

13 hours ago, coda said:

I posted on here when having a 9am beer on derby day and was told to sort my life out. :lol:

Don't listen to the bad men.  You do you.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, coda said:

I posted on here when having a 9am beer on derby day and was told to sort my life out. :lol:

I think blues away I was on the coach and had stopped drinking by 9am...

can remember being in the addies at 8am when 2 guys came through the door straight out of a broad street taxi and ordered a round of after shocks

and on holiday all the rules go out of the window! the airport beer is obvious, so is a beer with lunch, after that it depends on the heat, if its around 30 then from about 10.30-11am is acceptable IMO, if it goes north of mid 30s then I actually find it too hot to drink beer

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Do you have those friends who cancel plans more often than they keep them?

A couple of guys i'll sometimes play games with or go out for a drink, I reckon half the time they cancel within an hour of it. It's very poor form, then they wonder why they never get invited to anything.

Yep, a friend of mine was like this for a couple of years. It got so bad I just stopped talking to him altogether for a while but it turns out he had some anxiety issues where he would get cold feet about going out so just made an excuse. All good now though. Maybe you should bring it up with them?

There's a bit of a spate of words removed trying car door handles in the night in my area, on the closed fb group for our estate people often post the pictures from the CCTV camera. I wonder what the actual point of these camera's is? The pictures are so dark and grainy you cannot make any kind of features out. Basically I know someone came up to my car, but camera is absolutely useless is identifying the person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Ahh October.  When the subtle noise pollution from your next door neighbour's heating system intermittently but quite persistently hums you into a gradual insanity.

1st October is also when we need to submit our end of year self review at work.

This is why I only ever fudge figures and harass colleagues in the autumn.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

There's a bit of a spate of words removed trying car door handles in the night in my area, on the closed fb group for our estate people often post the pictures from the CCTV camera. I wonder what the actual point of these camera's is? The pictures are so dark and grainy you cannot make any kind of features out. Basically I know someone came up to my car, but camera is absolutely useless is identifying the person.

Even quality phone camera's aren't much use. Last night my partner was waiting for me in a residential street - a wide one - buses could happily both go and down it with room to spare, when some bellend whizzpast and manages to knock off the wing mirror. She was too shocked to try and snap the clearing in the woods straight away, so the car was already too far to make out anything on the camera when it did happen. No way the driver could not have known they did that, and just drove off. 

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

After 11am if I'm on holiday somewhere hot.  But yeah, wrong thread.  What pisses me off is those Nationwide adverts where they've got people supposedly doing stand up about their money troubles.  Load of dogshit.

This. This. This again. And this once more.

The worst one is the skit about keeping money back on a night out. The whole routine is totally unfunny and doesn’t even work on so many levels. 

Went out to do a bit of work. Pulled into Petrol Station, checked my tyre pressues and stuck a tenner in the tank. Went in and paid, usual banter and usual coffee order

Came out and my rear tyre is as flat as a oancake, the valve had broken.

Changed the tyre and came home £10 lighter than I went out 40 minutes earlier.

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's a little early.

For me, lunchtime is typically the cut off. Except for Christmas when I'll start at breakfast, or when travelling abroad, because there are few things as satisfying as a pint in the airport at 6am.

Noon kick off = drinks for breakfast.

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Went out to do a bit of work. Pulled into Petrol Station, checked my tyre pressues and stuck a tenner in the tank. Went in and paid, usual banter and usual coffee order

Valve broke? Is it a Tyre pressure sensor valve?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Valve broke? Is it a Tyre pressure sensor valve?

It should be but it isn't. The tyre sensors have been decommissioned, its just a bog standard valve. Not my car, not my problem

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It should be but it isn't. The tyre sensors have been decommissioned, its just a bog standard valve. Not my car, not my problem

The sensor ones are plastic or metal and have a habit of breaking when putting any kind of lateral force on them when pumping up. Surprised you managed to break a standard rubber one. 

Just now, Genie said:

The sensor ones are plastic or metal and have a habit of breaking when putting any kind of lateral force on them when pumping up. Surprised you managed to break a standard rubber one. 

It's been faulty for weeks to be honest. Don't think it was ever right

Every week I have to hand off documents and payments for people to confirm off. Every week I get the GBP one back first as it's a one signature deal, I hand it out for the relevant person to confirm it.

"Have you had the USD one back?"

No. It's still awaiting sign off. Same as last week. Same as the week before. Same as the week before and same as the week before that.

If I had it I would **** hand it to you. Why would I not hand it to you!?!

Same people who in meetings after being told over the course of half an hour what the plan is and how we will proceed, ask a pointless question about what we have already been told.

Just for the sake of talking is it?! You know the bloody answer.

Stop asking pointless inane questions. Why?! WHY?!?!?!

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Same people who in meetings after being told over the course of half an hour what the plan is and how we will proceed, ask a pointless question about what we have already been told.

Just for the sake of talking is it?! You know the bloody answer.

Stop asking pointless inane questions. Why?! WHY?!?!?!

If I could give you more likes I would

16 hours ago, bickster said:

You should probably find somewhere else to buy your coffee.

Â