Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I started out in IT in programming and then moved more customer facing as apparently programming wasn't for me , i lacked the discipline for working  solo from home   , i used to go down the pub with my mates and then do my coding through the night !!  ... After telling one IT manager  where i was implementing a database that he couldn't use yellow paper in his new printer as it was a black and white printer causing him to go off in a panic as he'd ordered tonnes of coloured paper   , my boss felt i was better suited to a role that wasn't quite so  serious

so , I got more into the service side , suited me to a tea  ,  being Mac based we had quite a varied client list so I'd be dealing with one man bands , to the chairman of BT to even a few celebs   , I kind of learnt to adapt to who I was dealing with and most definitely wasn't a shy geeky IT type  

I kinda miss those days , the IT guys i deal with all have pony tails and spend their spare time watching game of thrones and looking like they are auditioning for the lead part in a remake of the 40 year old virgin

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Oh and now the reason I came to this thread  ....

Radio this morning interviewed some climate activists from London  , the woman actual said " I was selfish enough to have children , so now I feel the least i can do is try to ensure they have a planet to live in " 

bloody hippies

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Radio this morning interviewed some climate activists from London  , the woman actual said " I was selfish enough to have children , so now I feel the least i can do is try to ensure they have a planet to live in " 

bloody hippies

See, if she'd said more than two children, she'd have a point as it stands, she's wasting our oxygen

PS: The correct term is crusties today according to the Borish Penis

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

bloody hippies

I don't want children and use electric trains most days. I'm more eco friendly than 95% of the XR protesters!

Plus I won't be going to McDonalds for my lunch like some of them. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

What the F*** is her name "Monty Mole",  live on the earth surely or is she going for a scorched earth policy where we all live underground,  very molish outlook to life she has.  

She and all her children are mingers and are of reduced IQ,  that was the only selfish part.  

The absolute racket that is Industry Awards.

You pay to nominate yourself, you book a table at the awards dinner and then there's normally a one in three chance that you scoop an award. Absolute nonsense.

Our marketing team are currently being lauded for landing three awards at a recent "ceremony". They're like the cats that got the bloomin' cream. The fact that they were the only nominees in one of the categories and that one of the other awards was for a social media campaign that literally nobody in the business had even heard of is of no concern to them.

Evidently they are experts in marketing themselves. Tosspots.

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

The absolute racket that is Industry Awards.

You pay to nominate yourself, you book a table at the awards dinner and then there's normally a one in three chance that you scoop an award. Absolute nonsense.

Our marketing team are currently being lauded for landing three awards at a recent "ceremony". They're like the cats that got the bloomin' cream. The fact that they were the only nominees in one of the categories and that one of the other awards was for a social media campaign that literally nobody in the business had even heard of is of no concern to them.

Evidently they are experts in marketing themselves. Tosspots.

construction industry is exactly the same, the main one we had to was the considerate constructors awards, won a couple and had some decent piss ups but its scored out of 60 points, 10 of those points are awarded for how well your building site advertises the awards!

that's why you'll see CCS flags and posters splattered everywhere on sites

Extinction Rebellion, but more than that, my sons girlfiend.

My son used to eat more meat in a week than I did in three months. Since he met his vegan girlfriend a couple of years ago not only has he also gone vegan, but he is now interested in HER politics. Before he couldn't give a shit.

All he ever posts on social media is Extinction Rebellion videos. It's become so boring I've had to unfollow him. He is totally brainwashed.

I'm all for having a cause but don't shove it down everyone's throats. We had severe words via PM but he sort of backed down so we didn't fall out. Which would have been a bit daft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Since he met his vegan girlfriend a couple of years ago not only has he also gone vegan, but he is now interested in HER politics. Before he couldn't give a shit.

That puts him on parr with all the VT vegans  , never under estimate the power of clunge   :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Extinction Rebellion, but more than that, my sons girlfiend.

My son used to eat more meat in a week than I did in three months. Since he met his vegan girlfriend a couple of years ago not only has he also gone vegan, but he is now interested in HER politics. Before he couldn't give a shit.

All he ever posts on social media is Extinction Rebellion videos. It's become so boring I've had to unfollow him. He is totally brainwashed.

I'm all for having a cause but don't shove it down everyone's throats. We had severe words via PM but he sort of backed down so we didn't fall out. Which would have been a bit daft.

Why does Extinction Rebellion piss you off? Fair play to them imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Surely if they are that concerned that humans are destroying the planet being alive just seems a little hypercritical of them really :)   ... they could all kill themselves and then its win win  , the planet won't die and the rest of the world doesn't have to put up with their prattle and lectures about stealing their childhood

(flippant alert in case it's required)

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Because they (and she) have brainwashed my lad, although in her defence he's always been gullible.

And now it's all he **** goes on about (had to unfollow him on Wankbook)

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Grown men discussing a twitter spat between Coleen Rooney and whatever her name is  Vardy  on VT  , this isn't mumsnet

You haven't been monitoring a company based in Merseyside's social media account all day, every f***ing woman and their cats has taken to twunter to express their support for the Croxteth Wag, of course the rag at the centre being the S*n has amplified this beyond the normal

I'm just going to :bang:

• Haha 1

Talking of extinction  rebellion they have a spokeslesbian  on Andrew Neil at the moment , she was claiming that 20 billion will be dead in 20 years ... when challenged she said along the lines of we don’t have scientific evidence to back this claim but what we’ve found is if we make up a huge number people are more inclined to listen to alarmist lies 

as spokespeople go they need to do better 

Edited by tonyh29
Missing a 20
  • Haha 1

Â