Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Tight arse miserable in law who is visiting from Spain. Can't stand my missus's mother, she doesn't want to come out to Bistro Pierre for her daughters graduation meal as it's too posh and too expensive. It's where my missus wants to go as she likes the one in Brum by the canal.

It's £15.95 for two courses :wacko:

Her mum has asked if there is a wetherspoons or sizzling pub nearby :bang:

What a word removed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KHV said:

Tight arse miserable in law who is visiting from Spain. Can't stand my missus's mother, she doesn't want to come out to Bistro Pierre for her daughters graduation meal as it's too posh and too expensive. It's where my missus wants to go as she likes the one in Brum by the canal.

What a word removed

I presume that she's staying with you ? If so, what she's saving on bed and board she could pay for all 3 meals !

Can't stand tight fisted people ?

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I presume that she's staying with you ? If so, what she's saving on bed and board she could pay for all 3 meals !

Can't stand tight fisted people ?

Yeah she is staying with us. She really boils my piss, never worked a day in her life either and just ponced off her husbands salary and pension.

Her actual text read " There is no meal in the world I would pay £15.95 for"

This is the same woman that has lived in Spain for 20 years but who only eats Paella she has cooked herself because the Spanish don't do it properly ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KHV said:

What a word removed

Erect a temporary shelter around your dustbin, hand her a sleeping bag and introduce her to her new bedroom

Bistro Pierre too posh, it's a chain restaurant!! They just want your money

£16 for 2 courses seems like a bargain. I'd be suspicious at that price, I mean, that's what, 2-3 quid more than you'd pay for a starter and main at spoons? And you don't have to eat in the same room as a bunch of alcoholics that have been there since 10am.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KHV said:

What a word removed

Sounds like my other half's dad.

The most selfish, tight arsed word removed I've ever met. Apart from maybe his sons, but that's a whole other story.

He'll only go to places where they serve steak. They went out for his wife's birthday the other week (I didn't get an invite, never do... weird) and at the last minute he didn't go because they weren't going where he wanted to go. Selfish prick.

Only ever drinks Carling and moans if the prices are more than Wetherspoons.

At his daughter's wedding last year, the hotel we stayed in the night before only had a NCP car park. I had to show him how to use the machine because he'd NEVER paid to park his car before. Or so he claimed. I have no idea how you manage to do that, but he certainly didn't know how to use the machine anyway.

• Confused 2

It’s always awkward going out for meals with my girlfriend’s old man. (I say ‘always’, I’ve been out with him twice and have tried to avoid it since)

The last time we were out he asked the waiter for a pencil and put his glasses on to go through the bill, underlining exactly what he and his wife had had and used his phone to add it up, paying that amount to the penny. The silence around the table was excruciating. This is after my dad and me had chucked our cards in and said to split it three ways.

Really **** me off when people won’t just split the bill. Who gives a shit if someone’s main cost £2 more or if someone had an extra drink? We’d all had roughly the same in this instance, anyway.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

completely agree, seems mad to me that people bother, if you are driving so drinking tap water and only have a main while i have 6 pints and 3 courses then maybe (but you probably wouldnt be out with me anyway...) as someone who doesnt go out much thats the whole point of it for me, get the lot down you, everyone have a tonne of food a lot of drink and then split the bill, your main being £2 more than mine who gives a shit i didnt pick my food because of price

my friends play the game but my ex's friends were awful for it

• Like 3

I hit the jackpot with my in-laws. They're great people. Very kind, caring, considerate, generous and they'd give you their last penny if they thought they were helping you out.  They're just normal, everyday people, no millionaires or anything, but I love them loads.

They're fun to be around too.  I can't say enough about them.  

I'd hate to have tight it difficult in laws, I imagine it can be really awkward and there'd be a sense of dread at any forthcoming meetings or meals out, non of that for me thankfully.. Just their mad daughter for me to handle! ...Maybe that's why they're so nice? Because I took her off their hands! :lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JB said:

It’s always awkward going out for meals with my girlfriend’s old man. (I say ‘always’, I’ve been out with him twice and have tried to avoid it since)

The last time we were out he asked the waiter for a pencil and put his glasses on to go through the bill, underlining exactly what he and his wife had had and used his phone to add it up, paying that amount to the penny. The silence around the table was excruciating. This is after my dad and me had chucked our cards in and said to split it three ways.

Really **** me off when people won’t just split the bill. Who gives a shit if someone’s main cost £2 more or if someone had an extra drink? We’d all had roughly the same in this instance, anyway.

Oh man this pisses me off. And it’s exactly what he would do. 

My sister and her fiancée are like that too. 

I completely understand if you’re not drinking and other people are and there’s a huge drinks bill included. 

But when there’s a couple of quid either way in it, just **** split it. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I hit the jackpot with my in-laws. They're great people. Very kind, caring, considerate, generous and they'd give you their last penny if they thought they were helping you out.  They're just normal, everyday people, no millionaires or anything, but I love them loads.

They're fun to be around too.  I can't say enough about them.  

I'd hate to have tight it difficult in laws, I imagine it can be really awkward and there'd be a sense of dread at any forthcoming meetings or meals out, non of that for me thankfully.. Just their mad daughter for me to handle! ...Maybe that's why they're so nice? Because I took her off their hands! :lol:

It’s weird. The gf’s family are a complete gender split. Her sisters and her mom are so lovely. They’re just like her so we get on great. And her sisters’ boyfriends (one husband) are all brilliant too. Been away with them a couple of times and they’re great. 

But her dad and her two brothers are utter words removed. They’re genuinely the worst people I have ever met. 

Last time we all went out one of her brothers ruined the night, as they always do (literally always) and I told my gf’s parents that if they ever have a family do again, and the brothers are invited, then I won’t be attending. 

That makes me sound like a dick, but in the context I was actually being nice. 

Edited by Stevo985

Sunburn and that I haven't the presence of mind to put on sunscreen before it comes to be.

I suspect spending the better part of a day in direct Aussie sunlight when it's 30+ degrees is the cause.

Even the Africans go a tinge of red over here.

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s weird. The gf’s family are a complete gender split. Her sisters and her mom are so lovely. They’re just like her so we get on great. And her sisters’ boyfriends (one husband) are all brilliant too. Been away with them a couple of times and they’re great. 

But her dad and her two brothers are utter words removed. They’re genuinely the worst people I have ever met. 

Last time we all went out one of her brothers ruined the night, as they always do (literally always) and I told my gf’s parents that if they ever have a family do again, and the brothers are invited, then I won’t be attending. 

That makes me sound like a dick, but in the context I was actually being nice. 

That doesn't make you sound like a dick to me. It just highlights that you have other ideas for how to spend your time.

I won't go in to detail but I refuse to cross paths with a certain relative nowadays. That's my prerogative. I have no duty or obligation to this person beyond common decency.

Part of loyalty is telling hard truths and this particular individual overstepped the boundary in ways in which I find hard to comprehend.

I always try to find the good in people and if I struggle I look for redeeming qualities but this person, I have no respect for the way they treat other people.

• Like 2

My relatives from my side of the family are in a perpetual low level rolling squabble. Have been since I was a kid. I can't be arsed with it, I can't be arsed with hearing what uncle this said to aunty that about the prezzy somebody bought somebody for christmas 1998. 

I have minimal contact, I'm civil, I attend the things I have to. But life's too short to let negative things suck the joy out of a single day, nevermind engaging in a life long moanathon to win the upper hand in a family feud. Best of luck to them though, they clearly must all get something out of it.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

My relatives from my side of the family are in a perpetual low level rolling squabble. Have been since I was a kid. I can't be arsed with it, I can't be arsed with hearing what uncle this said to aunty that about the prezzy somebody bought somebody for christmas 1998. 

I have minimal contact, I'm civil, I attend the things I have to. But life's too short to let negative things suck the joy out of a single day, nevermind engaging in a life long moanathon to win the upper hand in a family feud. Best of luck to them though, they clearly must all get something out of it.

I moved over 3,000 miles to be away from my lot :thumb: 

Still not really far enough

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â