Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

I never think of drinking alcohol at home. I think its because I live alone and I equate alcohol with being social. Much rather have a tea or ribena with dinner. 

I’n quite partial to drinking red wine at home.  Got a bottle in for a tonight.

I’ll also have a few beers if there’s a game of football on I’m particularly interested in.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

I quite like a drink at home, it's usually just a couple beers or some wine.

I've also always had a few straight after a busy/bad shift at work, but that has happened to often in my current job and it's been all to common for me to have 2 on my way home and another 1 or 2 at home. It's not exactly crazy and it's not every day but it will be good to break that routine when I leave this place in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Got caught driving in the bus lane near Villa Park, you can see in the photo ive pulled out of a lane of traffic, driven 10m in it to make a turn, £60 fine, anyone ever contested one?

not quite the same thing , but our driver got caught stopping in a box junction up in London  , they sent a photo and said we have a video as well if you want it

So i wrote to them and said , yes I'd like the video

few weeks later they replied to say they couldn't find the video , therefore in this instance they would cancel the fine , however if there was a repeat instance then they wouldn't do such a thing

I wrote back to them and said , next time and any other time the onus is on you to provide evidence and if you are not able to then you have no say in the matter  , I'm nothing if not magnanimous in our small victory :)

but , anyway , long story short is , if there is any option for video evidence you might as well write and ask for it , as Bicks said , the reduce fee gets held whilst you appeal so it wont cost you and you might get lucky

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not quite the same thing , but our driver got caught stopping in a box junction up in London  , they sent a photo and said we have a video as well if you want it

So i wrote to them and said , yes I'd like the video

few weeks later they replied to say they couldn't find the video , therefore in this instance they would cancel the fine , however if there was a repeat instance then they wouldn't do such a thing

I wrote back to them and said , next time and any other time the onus is on you to provide evidence and if you are not able to then you have no say in the matter  , I'm nothing if not magnanimous in our small victory :)

but , anyway , long story short is , if there is any option for video evidence you might as well write and ask for it , as Bicks said , the reduce fee gets held whilst you appeal so it wont cost you and you might get lucky

I got a camera shot with my fine notice. Bang to rights, unfortunately. 

Here’s a cliche for you:

I’m waiting for the washer and new telly to be delivered to the new house we’re moving into in a couple of weeks (got the keys today!) Got a text earlier saying they’d be around between 4 and 9 and they’d give me a ring half an hour in advance. Still haven’t heard from them. They always leave it as late as they can, don’t they. 

Now, I wouldn’t mind too much, except my new house has literally no furniture and as of yet no internet connection. All I have is some bread, cheese, salami, a bottle of pepsi max and a 4G connection for surfing. Sitting on the floor. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

OOOOOOHHHH LOOK AT MR BIG SHOT OVER HERE! WITH YOUR FLOOR!! 

CHEESE AND PEPSI?! YOU SIR, ARE IN THE 1%.

GOOD DAY AND GOOD RIDDANCE. 

That I am. That I am. But there is much boredom in such privilege.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Haha 2

Not quite the level of criminality of some of you nasty bastards. But I received a fine for not having a parking ticket at the train station car park. I wrote to them and said I'd paid remotely using the phone number / text system.

They wrote back and said they knew I'd paid, they had a record of it. But the fine still stood for not displaying the ticket. So again I wrote back and apologised. I said my phone was a couple of years old and didn't have a printer.

They wrote back and said as a good will gesture, on this one occasion they'd cancel the fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Some monster at work yesterday

In a new swanky HQ now and the building is great... toilets are cleaned multiple times a day so no toilet horrors to report (down to @Chindie to keep us appalled now). 

Anyway, about 6pm yesterday I decide to take a work place dump... there are 3 cubicles in each set of toilets... I stroll in and the middle one was occupied by someone. A complete breach of shitting protocol in my eyes. You never use the middle trap or urinal if they are all empty. You use an end one so if someone else comes in they can use the other end and still maintain at least 1 pot/crapper space. 

Prick. 

Maybe all three were occupied at one point in time and in this instance he has been there for quite a while...

...in which case I still agree with you. Snap it off and move to the adjascent cubicle, buddy.

Prick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe all three were occupied at one point in time and in this instance he has been there for quite a while...

Nah, not buying that. Office was practically empty at 6, only a few sad bastards like me left. At 10am (prime office shit time) then this may be a valid excuse, but not at 6pm. 

i have a good idea of who it was. 

I will destroy him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I absolutely should be pissed off at this and I'm now sat at work absolutely seething.

I got on the tram, holding my phone, reading something on my commute. Some guy in front of me isn't looking where he's going at it, elbows my phone out of my hand. It goes flying and lands face down.

I pick it up, screen smashed to bits. I show him what he's done.

No apology, nothing said to me. Goes and sits down, gets his own phone out and gets on a call.

I mean, what the actual ****

Yes it's an accident. But to not even apologise? I now have to shell out x amount of my own money to fix a phone I didn't even break and that I didn't even get an apology for breaking.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I can't believe how vocal some people are on the crapper.

There are some people in my office who make really odd noises when taking a dump. I think the dump is a cover for something else.........

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Question Time. They ask the audience for their opinions more than ever, no one is tuning in to hear want the average dullard in the audience wants to say, FFS.

This is my opinion for most things on TV. 

Nobody gives a **** about what Joe Bloggs has to say.

Worst offenders are stuff like royal wedding build up, or even stuff like FA Cup Final build up.

Just hours of presenters asking people on the street the same questions and getting the same answers over and over.

Nobody. Gives. A. ****.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is my opinion for most things on TV. 

Worst offenders are stuff like royal wedding build up, or even stuff like FA Cup Final build up.

Just hours of presenters asking people on the street the same questions and getting the same answers over and over.

Nobody. Gives. A. ****.

This is it, you pay 'experts' or at least people in prominent and influential positions to give their views, spending half the program talking to clueless idiots seems to defeat the purpose.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is it, you pay 'experts' or at least people in prominent and influential positions to give their views, spending half the program talking to clueless idiots seems to defeat the purpose.

Even stuff like quiz shows.

"Geoff, tell us a bit about yourself"

No. No geoff, don't. I don't give a ****. Tell us your name, age and job and get the **** on with the show.

For the Irish amongst us, Winning Streak was the worst at this. I don't know if it still happens. The introductions of the contestants on that show used to be about half an hour. Excruciating!

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody. Gives. A. ****.

Says some random bloke on the internet

?

• Haha 1

Â