Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When blokes talk to me about cars with the assumption that I know anything about them other than they are a means of travelling quickly.

When we bought our last car and my wife went to pick it up, the seller apparently asked her if it was okay that I "let" her buy it without me being there to check it over.

1) I can't drive, the car was for her.
2) She's the breadwinner.
3) Had I been there, all I would - could - have done was ask if the left phalange was working.

On 09/11/2018 at 14:47, Rodders said:

film times at cinemas during the week scheduled for 5pm - 5.10pm, where the next available time after that is 8.50 or something. F**king stupid for anyone wanting to catch a film after work. There's been a couple of films where I ended up not bothering with as the timings were so unhelpful ( 9.20 on a sunday evening for the only showing ffs ).  Sometimes cinemas don't help their own industry.

Realistically you could add 30 minutes onto the scheduled times to account for the bazillion adverts, worked for me a couple of times (though was nearly caught out on the one occasion the film started immediately, no trailers, no nothing so your mileage might vary).

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When blokes talk to me about cars with the assumption that I know anything about them other than they are a means of travelling quickly.

100% this. It's why I never go in the What Do You Drive thread. Zero interest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

100% this. It's why I never go in the What Do You Drive thread. Zero interest. 

Me too, I don't even have a car any more and don't miss it.  My best mate loves them and I'm polite in that I try to show enough interest and nod at the correct times.  I suppose I can show genuine enthusiasm towards Mustangs or Aston Martins but couldn't give a shit otherwise.

8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

When we bought our last car and my wife went to pick it up, the seller apparently asked her if it was okay that I "let" her buy it without me being there to check it over.

I don't like the sound of that...

Was the seller's name Arthur Daley?  ?

10 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

1) I can't drive, the car was for her.
2) She's the breadwinner.
3) Had I been there, all I would - could - have done was ask if the left phalange was working.

My gf insisted she was a strong independent woman and didn't need my help buying her car.

She paid for it on the first viewing, drove it home, proud as punch, oblivious to the 4 dents I noticed within seconds, that it was overdue for its timing belt replacement and only a few days later found out that the engine warning light comes on when she goes over 50.

It's been really hard to stop taking the piss.

• Haha 3

Always ask how much the bill was when my other half takes her car to the local garage.

Fairly certain she gets a better price than I would've had I taken it in?

It might be because she's a district nurse with a decent rack? Their loss, my blow jobs are better :P

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

Always ask how much the bill was when my other half takes her car to the local garage.

It might be because she's a district nurse with a decent rack? Their loss, my blow jobs are better :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbMkxfkhW4_B0-h0zUY4T

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Xann said:

No they're not.  How do you think she gets the good price??

• Haha 1

The fact that the police have been given more government money to look for Madeleine McCann. Another £150k to take it to March next year. The total bill is now £11.75m

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KHV said:

The fact that the police have been given more government money to look for Madeleine McCann. Another £150k to take it to March next year. The total bill is now £11.75m

That’s nearly 5 John McGinns.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

Boils my **** piss. Something is so off about it all, there are so many outstanding missing children’s cases that have most briefly even graced the local news.

Saw a study which put the average spend on a missing person case at around £1500 - £3000, why the Home Office continue to keep pouring taxpayers money down this particular drain I have no idea. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone somewhere is lining their pockets.

• Like 2

It's merely a huge coincidence that Esther McVile, Government Minister and a full-time waste of atoms is a close friend of Kate McCann and represents a Cheshire seat where the McCann metrics play so well

It's a symbiotic cess pool in the leafy home county of the north

• Like 1

Â