Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Huge power cut in Portsmouth last night.  I woke up this morning to find I had no water (I live in an apartment complex), the security door fob thingys weren't working and I had to go to the concierge to get him to manually open the car park gate.  I had an important meeting to go to in work so there I was at 6:30AM washing myself with cold bottled mineral water.  Bbbbbrrrrr!

The security door fob thingys still don't work 🤨.

21 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Agreed.

Plus renting admin fees were supposed to be abolished I thought? Yet they continue to charge them!

I think that got kicked into the long grass when the Tories didn't get their majority and they've had all the Brexit bollocks to fanny about with.  That was one of the things that I was looking forward to when no longer renting, getting charged 50 quid for a piece of paper saying I will be renewing once a year.  With my new flat apparently the seller has been negotiating an increase in the lease by another 25 years which is fine, it means I won't need to do it, but they decided to tell me now that it will take a couple of weeks for the management company to get all that done so I can't exchange or complete before I move out, let alone organise a day to move and clean my old one.  Doesn't help that I'm in Barbados at the moment either, though the rum is helping a bit.

• Like 1

It's not very original, but Piers Morgan.

Words cannot describe how much I hate that man.

My heart sinks every time I see him in the news or getting column inches.

A word removed of the highest order. I hope he gets hit by a bus.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not very original, but Piers Morgan.

Words cannot describe how much I hate that man.

My heart sinks every time I see him in the news or getting column inches.

A word removed of the highest order. I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Just remember, he's the symptom not the cause.  He is where he is only because you're surrounded by people who agree with him.  That should be much more annoying :D  Also see Hopkins, Trump etc.

• Like 1

It's funny because you can see exactly how he works, and yet people don't do the only thing which would actually hurt him, ignoring him.

I don't follow him on twitter, but I see his tweets ALL the time because of people I follow like Kevin Pietersen and that retweet him all the time, or Graham Linehan gives him a retort etc etc.

And that gives him a lifeline to get into my attention - and then he says something silly, which winds us up and we want to call him a clearing in the woods or whatever, it all feeds him in exactly the way he wants to be fed, by being relevant. 

I don't follow him or Ariana Grande and I know they've got a "spat" going on about women artists being too revealing in their music in order to sell records.  WHY the **** do I know this?  I don't follow either of them, but it pops up.

I don't follow Hopkins etc either - just ignore them, stop following them and they'll go away lol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's funny because you can see exactly how he works, and yet people don't do the only thing which would actually hurt him, ignoring him.

I don't follow him on twitter, but I see his tweets ALL the time because of people I follow like Kevin Pietersen and that retweet him all the time, or Graham Linehan gives him a retort etc etc.

And that gives him a lifeline to get into my attention - and then he says something silly, which winds us up and we want to call him a clearing in the woods or whatever, it all feeds him in exactly the way he wants to be fed, by being relevant. 

I don't follow him or Ariana Grande and I know they've got a "spat" going on about women artists being too revealing in their music in order to sell records.  WHY the **** do I know this?  I don't follow either of them, but it pops up.

I don't follow Hopkins etc either - just ignore them, stop following them and they'll go away lol. 

BBC website deciding to write a huge article on this spat, and I read most of it.

I hate my life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Just remember, he's the symptom not the cause.  He is where he is only because you're surrounded by people who agree with him.  That should be much more annoying :D  Also see Hopkins, Trump etc.

I'm not to be honest. I try to ignore everything he does. Same with Hopkins.

Today's complaint was brought on by an article on him on the BBC which I spotted.

I don't know anyone who likes him. But that's his gimmick.

I agree with why Morgan does what he does. 

I dunno....perhaps one day he'll get fatally attacked in the street by an outraged Ariana Grande fan ? I mean, I recall a nutty teenager sending Gabby death threats for crocking some floppy-haired boyband gimp at Parkhead in a friendly. 

One of Gab's better moments 😀

Edited by mottaloo

As much as I dislike Morgan, I dislike the fact that the public have allowed him to become an established fixture on telly more. The public gets want the public wants, I guess.

Like Lapal says, ignoring him is the best policy. I’m only occasionally made aware of the nonsense he spouts and the only time I ever see Hopkins’ name mentioned is on here when she’s embarrassed herself again.

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

As much as I dislike Morgan, I dislike the fact that the public have allowed him to become an established fixture on telly more. The public gets want the public wants, I guess.

Like Lapal says, ignoring him is the best policy. I’m only occasionally made aware of the nonsense he spouts and the only time I ever see Hopkins’ name mentioned is on here when she’s embarrassed herself again.

Not sure I agree with the causation here. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure I agree with the causation here. 

People seem to want him on their screens, whether it’s on morning telly or that “life stories” show he does. Does he still do the talent shows? Whether he does or not, I always had the impression he was the “love to hate him” Cowell figure.

So because those shows are still in existence, I can only conclude a sufficient number of people have said “yes, this is acceptable viewing to me”.

If people weren’t watching, would he be on as much or would his voice be as exposed as much as it is? The Americans soon came to their senses and decided he wasn’t for them and he subsequently slithered back to these shores. Sadly I don’t see people in this country reaching a similar conclusion anytime soon.

But like I say, I’m not overly bothered as I can easily ignore a lot of what he says. 

Â