Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

On TV quiz shows, people saying "pass" for answers they could guess at.

"In what decade did England win the football world cup?" "Pass."

Id prefer it if they said an animal than pass.

What if they said a geographical feature?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

On TV quiz shows, people saying "pass" for answers they could guess at.

"In what decade did England win the football world cup?" "Pass."

Id prefer it if they said an animal than pass.

Especially on Mastermind where a pass actually counts against you at the end.

Even if you don't have a clue, just say "banana" or "David Beckham". It's not a pass.

(I dunno, maybe there's some technicality in Mastermind that says you can't do that)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Especially on Mastermind where a pass actually counts against you at the end.

Even if you don't have a clue, just say "banana" or "David Beckham". It's not a pass.

(I dunno, maybe there's some technicality in Mastermind that says you can't do that)

I’m not a mastermind on Mastermind (hahahaha), but isn’t the reason contestants don’t just say “egg” to questions they don’t know is because it means John Humphrys will then give the correct answer and thus eat into their allotted time.

I guess it just works out that it’s better to say “pass” and get onto the next question as quickly as possible. Have more passes, but have more correct answers.

And yes, that Karl Pilkington reference was for you, hope you enjoyed it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m not a mastermind on Mastermind (hahahaha), but isn’t the reason contestants don’t just say “egg” to questions they don’t know is because it means John Humphrys will then give the correct answer and thus eat into their allotted time.

I guess it just works out that it’s better to say “pass” and get onto the next question as quickly as possible. Have more passes, but have more correct answers.

And yes, that Karl Pilkington reference was for you, hope you enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it very much :)

Yeah I guess that's right. Hadn't really thought about that. I guess you have to weigh up which is worth more. an extra 2 seconds or a pass at the end.

People who reply to my emails telling them they can't have something in great detail as to why they can't have it with "Can you give me a ring on...."

You want something from me and you want me to make the effort?  That goes on the can't be arsed pile

It's especially annoying that when they do work out that getting in touch is their responsibility, they ask you questions that the initial email already covered but they have the reading age of a very small child

• Like 1

Buying my first flat.  What a massive pain in the arse caused by incompetents and solicitors who seemingly can't be **** arsed.  I'm now probably going to have to find somewhere to store my stuff as it looks like dragging out beyond the lease on my current rented flat expires on December 4th.  There's no chain, it's a one bed flat, I've paid everything on time, they've reassured me time after time it's all going smoothly, now it's all **** up.  Anyone involved in house buying or renting including estate agenrs and solicitors should be kicked in the nuts then volleyed in the jaw.

Edited by sharkyvilla
Was being a bit harsh
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Buying my first flat.  What a massive pain in the arse caused by incompetents and solicitors who seemingly can't be **** arsed.  I'm now probably going to have to find somewhere to store my stuff as it looks like dragging out beyond the lease on my current rented flat expires on December 4th.  There's no chain, it's a one bed flat, I've paid everything on time, they've reassured me time after time it's all going smoothly, now it's all **** up.  Anyone involved in house buying or renting including estate agenrs and solicitors should be kicked in the nuts then volleyed in the jaw.

Agreed.

Plus renting admin fees were supposed to be abolished I thought? Yet they continue to charge them!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Luckily, buying our first home was fairly quick and easy, possibly down to us buying a repossessed house.

Until my wife got a phone call from the solicitor one day asking where we were. It was 1pm on a weekday and they said we needed to sign the paper work and pick up the keys before 5pm that day or the whole thing will fall through.

First we'd heard of it, we were both at work. It wasn't exactly the fun day it should have been.

People on social media.

Example - a whale washed up dead on an Indonesian beach had over 1000 pieces of different plastic in its stomach. 5 comments.

McDonalds introducing camembert dippers for Christmas period. 217 comments.

Cabbages.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

People on social media.

Example - a whale washed up dead on an Indonesian beach had over 1000 pieces of different plastic in its stomach. 5 comments.

Cabbages.

oooo camembert dippers!! 

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

People on social media.

Cabbages.

oooo plastic whales

19 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Agreed about Oct 2017 a price on a house. I had no chain and the sellers had already found a place and were wanting to push it through before Christmas.

April 20th was the date it completed.

Â