Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Once I hit 4 or 5 pints I've got the taste and feel the buzz. Once I hit 8 I'm pissed as in pissed. 10 pints I'm forgetting stuff but I'd be surprised if I could get to 15 pints, 20 no chance. Now spirits are a different kettle of fish. In my southern comfort days I could do 10 double and not be hammered. I'm a terrible drunk without cocaine and as people know coke can make you drink a lot more. Once I had a family my hangovers seemed to last forever. 

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Back in my Army days we had to do annual CFT's (Combat Fitness Test) which included doing an 8 mile march carrying a 55lb rucksack in under 2 hours.

In the Airborne Battalions we would then go out and drink 8 pints in under 2 hours pretty much straight after !:D

Could do 4 in an hour but then only 2 the next hour.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think the most pints I ever managed in one night was 10 or 11... Guinness both times. Once at the Hard Rock Cafe in Birmingham (was shitting tar the next day) and the other in The Crown in Belfast on a mates stag.

in terms of spirits, on one night out some work colleague reckoned I guzzled 20 plus JD & Cokes... over the course of about 12 hours, mind you. 

Nowadays... 2 pints and i'm yawning and wake up with a stonking headache.

Most I've done in a session is 25 pints of Guinness, Euro 2004 in the local from open until close. Don't remember much else.

Spirits wise I polished off a bottle of JD at home at a little get together and blamed everyone else for drinking it, that was a messy night.

Now it's a bit different I barely go out/drink, might have a few bitter shandies or couple of bottles of cider but it hits me when I do.

The hangovers are what do me in these days. 

I'm a relative lightweight too now. In my uni days it would take a dozen pints to get me properly drunk. Now I'd say half a dozen gets me well on my way. 

But the hangovers now are ridiculous. I'm 31 and if I have a heavy night then I'm out of action for the whole following day. And I mean all of it. 

There was a time when I'd go out on a Friday, get absolutely blotted, and be up at 7 the following morning and playing rugby by 9 perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a time when I'd go out on a Friday, get absolutely blotted, and be up at 7 the following morning and playing rugby by 9 perfectly fine. 

I don't know how anybody could do that.

I mean, Rugby!?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, zak said:

Ah, i used to have the old triple vodka with WKD as a mixer, back in my days.

Also Fat Frogs which is a very irish thing: Blue WKD, Smirnoff Ice and Orange Bacardi Breezer pored into 2 pint glasses and shared with a friend

Is it? I used to drink them at uni (£1 a drink) all the time and I'm not Irish nor got the notion from Irish people. (Genuine question, as never heard it mentioned as an Irish drink before).

definitely

was in poland last weekend and you get the impression there was a lot of drinking going on with beer that was a lot stronger than ours but the idea that you sit down and wait for a waiter to come over and take your order and then 20-30 minutes later your beer arrives...**** that! 

im not 100% sure that we do drink more than everyone else but we certainly throw it down quicker than anyone else, we're on a mission, none of this sitting round enjoying yourself nonsense, you're on drink number 3 before drink number 1 even kicks in

i'm watching the rugby in the morning, i'll be pissed by 11am, train in to worcester at 12 to carry on, i'll be in bed by 7pm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

definitely

was in poland last weekend and you get the impression there was a lot of drinking going on with beer that was a lot stronger than ours but the idea that you sit down and wait for a waiter to come over and take your order and then 20-30 minutes later your beer arrives...**** that! 

Yeah i **** hate this.

Me and my mate, both living here for 2 years, still tried to walk off without paying by accident on occasion.

15 hours ago, BOF said:

Happened in our local sports club when they got a new tap installed.  People (briefly) went from drinking 4.3% to 5.7% thinking "it's only ~1%".  I had to explain that it's effectively double the strength, on the basis that the (typical) body can get rid of about 3% per hour, meaning the amount left in your system has gone from a residual 1.3% up to 2.7%.  More than double.  No wonder people were falling around the place :D

its only effectively double after that first pint and only if you drink at a rate of one pint per hour. makes more sense to calculate the units drank, minus one for each hour drinking.

say you drink 5 pints of weak lager over 2 hours. that's 10 units drank, minus the 2 processed meaning 8 still left in the body.

5 pints of strong lager over two hours is 15 units drank, minus the two leaving 13 in the body.

8 is 61% of 13, close to the difference between a 4% lager and 6% lager at 66%.

At a higher rate of drinking the breakdown of alcohol becomes less significant, and at a lower rate more significant - but then at a lower rate the likelihood of being drunk is much reduced. 

21 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm coming to the realization that it may need to stop, I had 8 cans last night and I feel like shit man, problem is that 6 cans doesn't cut it but 8 cans gives me a stinking hangover.

Try drinking 7 cans, it's a lucky number.

So, the other day, the roofers destroyed my vegetable garden. Yesterday morning at 7AM, they banged on my door asking me to move my car. I did, and then it got towed from a usually safe spot. $110 to get my car, and I was late for work. **** words removed AND clearings in the woods AND rocket polishers

49 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's a bit odd.

6 doesn't cut it for him, and 8 gets him too drunk. I think my suggestion of 7 beers isn't odd at all, it rather makes pretty good sense. Maybe not entirely advisable, but solid advice given the context.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

6 doesn't cut it for him, and 8 gets him too drunk. I think my suggestion of 7 beers isn't odd at all, it rather makes pretty good sense. Maybe not entirely advisable, but solid advice given the context.

thom-yorke.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody neighbour who has a motorbike with the loudest start up. 

Guaranteed, 7am on a weekend - BRRRROOOOOOM. 

who needs an alarm clock living next door to that?

Only time I have chance of a lie in.... 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Bloody neighbour who has a motorbike with the loudest start up. 

Guaranteed, 7am on a weekend - BRRRROOOOOOM. 

who needs an alarm clock living next door to that?

Only time I have chance of a lie in.... 

You should ask him to STFU that early

• Like 1

Â