Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

SIM locking - I don't get how it's a legal practice.

You finish your contract with a network, the phone is effectively paid for and belongs to you, yet you can't put a different sim in it. How does that work?

I had trouble unlocking an EE one last year and now I'm having trouble with an o2 one. It's a joke.

Just ask O2 for it,  I think they are legally bound to supply the information (Unlock Code) of the Mobile is now considered paid for and is your property.

Might be a form as it's never going to be easy but I am sure that's it.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just ask O2 for it,  I think they are legally bound to supply the information (Unlock Code) of the Mobile is now considered paid for and is your property.

Nope, only way it can be done is by logging into your o2 account that I don't have.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nope, only way it can be done is by logging into your o2 account that I don't have.

O2 are currently unlocking my iphone for me for free, I just need to stick a non-O2 sim in it and then connect it to iTunes.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

O2 are currently unlocking my iphone for me for free, I just need to stick a non-O2 sim in it and then connect it to iTunes.

How did you do it? On their website it says I have to log into an o2 account; What did you do?

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You finish your contract with a network, the phone is effectively paid for and belongs to you, yet you can't put a different sim in it. How does that work?

I had trouble unlocking an EE one last year and now I'm having trouble with an o2 one. It's a joke.

For example, o2's unlocking procedure is 'you have to log into your o2 account and unlock it'.

However, i got the phone from my dad after his contact ended, who doesnt use o2 anymore, so I'm stuck.

I paid for someone to unlock it and apparently it's blacklisted. (??????) The previous owner was my dad and nobody else.

It costs the network to get the code from the manufacturer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

For example, o2's unlocking procedure is 'you have to log into your o2 account and unlock it'.

However, i got the phone from my dad after his contact ended, who doesnt use o2 anymore, so I'm stuck.

I paid for someone to unlock it and apparently it's blacklisted. (??????) The previous owner was my dad and nobody else.

To add to this, I paid 109zl for a guy to remove the SIM lock - he comes back saying it's blacklisted so he can't do anything. He'll return my money, except 20zl!!!

Cheeky bastard, taking 20zl from me for just typing an IMEI number into a box.

19 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Pics or GTFO 

Oh...no hang on......on second thoughts - don't :o

I always knew you were a deviant! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

When you forget you've eaten loads of beetroot so when you go to the toilet the next day there's a split second of panic when you think you've got bowel cancer.

I may have posted this before, in which case apologies.  It happens to me about twice a year...

Bum AIDS.

Trust me, I'm a bum expert. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

How did you do it? On their website it says I have to log into an o2 account; What did you do?

I have the o2 app and there was a button saying unlock my device. Few days later I got a text saying it had been processed and I just needed to put a non o2 sim inside, connect to iTunes using a USB cable and it would be done.

I just popped a Vodafone sim inside and connected to iTunes, I didn't get any kind of "unlock successful" message however my phone does appear to be unlocked now. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always knew you were a deviant! :D

At your service :)

Ironically, i find the milder the curry i have, the worse my ring sting gets.  Madras ? Nae bother. Korma ? Bog roll in in the fridge :blink:

Illogical !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have the o2 app and there was a button saying unlock my device. Few days later I got a text saying it had been processed and I just needed to put a non o2 sim inside, connect to iTunes using a USB cable and it would be done.

I just popped a Vodafone sim inside and connected to iTunes, I didn't get any kind of "unlock successful" message however my phone does appear to be unlocked now. 

I've been chatting to them. They seem to have removed the sim lock but are denying it's blacklisted.

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

At your service :)

Ironically, i find the milder the curry i have, the worse my ring sting gets.  Madras ? Nae bother. Korma ? Bog roll in in the fridge :blink:

Illogical !

It's only illogical if you believed the heat of the curry was the prime factor in your anal discomfort. Ever thought it's not chilli powder you're reacting to

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's only illogical if you believed the heat of the curry was the prime factor in your anal discomfort. Ever thought it's not chilli powder you're reacting to

I don't know.

When I eat anything with chilli peppers in, it stings my arse. Chilli powder, meh.

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That I'm now finding myself regularly checking @dAVe80 's posts and likes totals to see which one reaches 10,000 first.

I'm waiting for him to get to 9999 likes and then I'm off to the 80s party thread to unlike loads of posts. :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Genie said:

You have to buy a computer to unlock YOUR phone? Wow. That should piss you off.

28 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm waiting for him to get to 9999 likes and then I'm off to the 80s party thread to unlike loads of posts. :)

Lets get him back to 9000!

• Like 1

Â