Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I had 5 beers in Poland last month and had to be carried back to our hostel! 

5 beers @ 6% a beer is probably more than 8 of them @ 4% in the UK :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I never sort kids

How's that work then ? 

I bet it's height based ? Tallest to smallest,  that old chestnut or maybe even eye colour,  that would be good becasue you could create sub sets based on colour and that.  You really need to know what you are doing there though,  dangerous stuff indeed.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

5 beers @ 6% a beer is probably more than 8 of them @ 4% in the UK :P

No probably about it.  It's way more with the way the body gets rid of alcohol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

No probably about it.  It's way more with the way the body gets rid of alcohol.

I've had friends visit me here who would usually drink Carling/Carlsberg all night, drink 5/6 Zywiec/Tyskie and just fall over. it's deceptive.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I've had friends visit me here who would usually drink Carling/Carlsberg all night, drink 5/6 Zywiec/Tyskie and just fall over. it's deceptive.

Happened in our local sports club when they got a new tap installed.  People (briefly) went from drinking 4.3% to 5.7% thinking "it's only ~1%".  I had to explain that it's effectively double the strength, on the basis that the (typical) body can get rid of about 3% per hour, meaning the amount left in your system has gone from a residual 1.3% up to 2.7%.  More than double.  No wonder people were falling around the place :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I had to explain that it's effectively double the strength, on the basis that the (typical) body can get rid of about 3% per hour, meaning the amount left in your system has gone from a residual 1.3% up to 2.7%. 

this is you isn't it  ?

apple-touch-icon-114x114-96d5c6ffa1417cd

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Happened in our local sports club when they got a new tap installed.  People (briefly) went from drinking 4.3% to 5.7% thinking "it's only ~1%".  I had to explain that it's effectively double the strength, on the basis that the (typical) body can get rid of about 3% per hour, meaning the amount left in your system has gone from a residual 1.3% up to 2.7%.  More than double.  No wonder people were falling around the place :D

I bet they were riveted ;)

• Like 1

Going back to the hedonistic days of the early naughties I used to drink turbo shandy. Half pint of Stella in a pint glass with a bottle of Smirnoff ice tipped in to make the pint up. By god after five of them you were smashed. I couldn't drink them now mind, think I'd throw up after one mouthful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I bet they were riveted ;)

I am riveting when pissed (and I don't talk the way I type :D )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

You sound like a barral of laughs on the beer :D

Ah Turboshandies...

reminds me of being 18, going to Subway City in Brum, tenner entry with 10 free drinks. Used to get 5 lagers and 5 off brand smirnoff ices. 

Good times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Going back to the hedonistic days of the early naughties I used to drink turbo shandy. Half pint of Stella in a pint glass with a bottle of Smirnoff ice tipped in to make the pint up. By god after five of them you were smashed. I couldn't drink them now mind, think I'd throw up after one mouthful.

Ah, i used to have the old triple vodka with WKD as a mixer, back in my days.

Also Fat Frogs which is a very irish thing: Blue WKD, Smirnoff Ice and Orange Bacardi Breezer pored into 2 pint glasses and shared with a friend

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah Turboshandies...

reminds me of being 18, going to Subway City in Brum, tenner entry with 10 free drinks. Used to get 5 lagers and 5 off brand smirnoff ices. 

Good times.

When you're young you'd drink piss if it got you pissed. 

Â